Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

I think it'd be extremely rash to get rid of him now, of all times when we are 7 points behind and the team needs nothing more than a good run, not a new manager.

A new manager would set us back years and who should we go for? Mourinho who has done nothing in the Champions League with Real Madrid with the same resources Mancini has here? He is a fantastic manager but i doubt he'd give us anything Mancini couldn't get us over a few years time-frame which is what you expect from a new manager.

Guardiola who had the top 3 players including the winner for the Balon D'or the other year under his command, what would he do here without Messi, Iniesta, Xavi etc. Have some people seen how his teams play? We moan on here about us not shooting, have you seen Barcelona? They NEVER shoot unless it's going to become a goal.

Would you really sack Mancini halfway through a season because we lost a game, we are second in the league and going on last season it can all change in a week.

I fear a lot on here want him to go because of their frustrations with another element of our team, and that is the players. We have players who are to be quite frank, playing shite. Some of them are a shadow of what they were last year.

chicagoblues said:
This is Manchester city FC NOT Chelsea FC

How would replacing a manager after 3+ years in charge resemble Chelsea FC's treatment of their managers? Not that I am endorsing it but if he is replaced it will have been a carefully considered move by our highly qualified men in charge.

moomba said:
So 5-0 is now the minimum expectation against Aston Villa at home.

What have we become?

I don't think that is really true but I do think our team playing somewhere near its potential more often than not is a minimum and not unreasonable expectation. I'm not sure we have played to our potential more than about 2 or 3 times this season in all competitions, so that's out of around 25 matches.

Danielmanc said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Danielmanc said:
This is right. How many come on here to praise Mancini after a good performance ?

Also "any manager could have done it" - well Hughes didn't look likely
Well there hasn't been many this season.

Where were the boo boys after we beat Villa 5-0 ? Regardless of how many the point still stands. Too many are quick to criticise but aren't around to praise where it is due

I think that's easy to say mate, I've noticed plenty of praise for the team after some of the wins. Personally I think it's more than just praising Bob after a win like the Villa match, it's about looking at the whole picture and judging us on our performances over the first 4 months of the season and not individual games...I'm sure you are well aware that Chelsea stuck 8 past Villa and Spurs notched up 4 away from home last night which makes our result look a little less praiseworthy perhaps?
I really like Bobby boy, I like the way he sticks up for us and for the passion he shows at times but I'm just not convinced that he is getting the best out of the squad at the moment and I wonder if the players are not responding to his man management techniques.

MSP said:
Mourinho who has done nothing in the Champions League with Real Madrid with the same resources Mancini has here?

Except 2 semifinals compared to 2 group drops which one was caused by Mourinho's team itself.

:momentwhenyouneedrollingeyessmileywhilefeelingapaininstomachafternonsenseyouhavejustread:

eyeroll.gif

moomba said:
So 5-0 is now the minimum expectation against Aston Villa at home.

What have we become?

LOL, not from me mate! I still expect us to lose at home to every second team.....that's what supporting City for 40 years plus does to you!

TFC said:
MSP said:
Mourinho who has done nothing in the Champions League with Real Madrid with the same resources Mancini has here?

Except 2 semifinals compared to 2 group drops which one was caused by Mourinho's team itself.

:momentwhenyouneedrollingeyessmileywhilefeelingapaininstomachafternonsenseyouhavejustread:

eyeroll.gif

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.