Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

I for one have never really been critical of Bobby manc and have always believed he was doing a great job.
However, I am starting to doubt my belief in him after yesterdays game and this is mainly centred around our lack of a plan b which has to be his fault.
Tactics are down to the manager. I have finally sat through too many games where we have spent 90 minuted trying to batter down a brick wall through the centre without succes and ended up being caught out.
The last three Sunderland away games have all followed the same pattern has have many more in a three year period.
yes, I accept we have had success in that time, there have been many times its gone wrong away from home because we have run out of ideas.
At this stage, I dont want to lose the manager but I do think its time for a change of tactic in some away games and if Bobby cant do that then we will have to find somebody else who can.

lindy64 said:
I for one have never really been critical of Bobby manc and have always believed he was doing a great job.
However, I am starting to doubt my belief in him after yesterdays game and this is mainly centred around our lack of a plan b which has to be his fault.
Tactics are down to the manager. I have finally sat through too many games where we have spent 90 minuted trying to batter down a brick wall through the centre without succes and ended up being caught out.
The last three Sunderland away games have all followed the same pattern has have many more in a three year period.
yes, I accept we have had success in that time, there have been many times its gone wrong away from home because we have run out of ideas.
At this stage, I dont want to lose the manager but I do think its time for a change of tactic in some away games and if Bobby cant do that then we will have to find somebody else who can.
Ive sat watching these threads on Mancini all day , and this post sums up my feelings perfectly ..

moomba said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Oh come on seriously any member of this forum could set out a side from our squad to beat Villa at home.

Don't be silly.

You just illustrate what an impossible job it is for any manager of ours to be seen as doing a good job.

100% criticism for the bad, 0% praise for the good.

Too extreme a statement. He does get plenty of praise after wins on here, although its often more for the performances of individual players rather than for him. Yet when we lose it's individual players get plenty of criticism as well as him.

For me I think in retrospect a lot of our success recently has not been down to his man management skills, which are poor this year and were poor the year we won the title - that's consistent.
I think he's a good manager, but there are better, with better man management skills. If you take the view that the players are primarily responsible, always, for success and lack of, then when things aren't going well you expect the manager to take the key role in holding those players to account in terms of his selection. That's why the 100% - 0% argument is too simplistic and misses the point.

sky tot said:
lindy64 said:
Ive sat watching these threads on Mancini all day , and this post sums up my feelings perfectly ..

i agree as well, i really want Bobby to be a success and will forever be thankful for the Title and Fa cup he has already won us. However i am getting really concerned with his tactics and the apparent lack of vision to see what is wrong and how to fix it. I do believe that he is being let down big time by a number of players and no longer feel that they will run through walls for him ( except the f**king madman that is Zabba ).

You have to question why this is the case, he bought most of the current squad, has brought success and medals to the players and yet they don't appear to be giving him thier all?

We need an alternative to this tippy tappy football that although it can be marvalous to watch is getting less and less effective,

LoveCity said:
chicagoblues said:
This is Manchester city FC NOT Chelsea FC

How would replacing a manager after 3+ years in charge resemble Chelsea FC's treatment of their managers? Not that I am endorsing it but if he is replaced it will have been a carefully considered move by our highly qualified men in charge.

Exactly, if he's replaced by a better manager, is that a problem? I think it would be for some on here, who seem to suggest that for some kind of 'moral' reasons, of 'natural justice' it would be wrong to upgrade only months after winning the title. I don't think we can be that way, and if some think that ruthlessness would make us more like Chelsea then I couldn't care less

abu13 said:
sky tot said:
lindy64 said:

i agree as well, i really want Bobby to be a success and will forever be thankful for the Title and Fa cup he has already won us. However i am getting really concerned with his tactics and the apparent lack of vision to see what is wrong and how to fix it. I do believe that he is being let down big time by a number of players and no longer feel that they will run through walls for him ( except the f**king madman that is Zabba ).

You have to question why this is the case, he bought most of the current squad, has brought success and medals to the players and yet they don't appear to be giving him thier all?

We need an alternative to this tippy tappy football that although it can be marvalous to watch is getting less and less effective,

To be fair I think the majority of fans feel the same

chesterbells said:
LoveCity said:
chicagoblues said:
This is Manchester city FC NOT Chelsea FC

How would replacing a manager after 3+ years in charge resemble Chelsea FC's treatment of their managers? Not that I am endorsing it but if he is replaced it will have been a carefully considered move by our highly qualified men in charge.

Exactly, if he's replaced by a better manager, is that a problem? I think it would be for some on here, who seem to suggest that for some kind of 'moral' reasons, of 'natural justice' it would be wrong to upgrade only months after winning the title. I don't think we can be that way, and if some think that ruthlessness would make us more like Chelsea then I couldn't care less

An upgrade isn't an automatic guarantee of success, many clubs have tried it and many have failed. Clubs that upgrade every time they have a bad run generally do not succeed in the long term.

Personally I believe that we gave our manager a five year contract around 4 months ago. And in my book 4 months, no matter how disappointing is not enough time to determine that decision was wrong. If things haven't turned around by May then he'll be under pressure, if they haven't turned around by this time next year I'd say there is no chance he'll still be here.

But people would have Mancini "upgraded" before the FA Cup, and they would have had him "upgraded" before our run to win the title. Generally supporters are too quick on the trigger finger, so I'm glad the people in charge of our club have a bit more patience.

lindy64 said:

he can do himself a favour by picking his best team and sticking to it. we only have the fa cup and the prem to go for, no excuse to rotate anymore.

de niro said:
he can do himself a favour by picking his best team and sticking to it. we only have the fa cup and the prem to go for, no excuse to rotate anymore.

To be fair though mate, our injury list isn't making it much easier to pick any other side.

The only option he took yesterday was to play Garcia instead of Barry which tbh was hardly the reason behind the result, imo of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.