Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

cleavers said:
moomba said:
we got 7 points from the same fixtures last season
We lost at Arsenal, so we could only have got 6.

True, sorry about that. Don't think there is any of the next four that we are incapable of winning though. Heres hoping.

moomba said:
cleavers said:
I agree, but don't kid yourself that he's not under presure after yesterday, he is, 7 points as we know from last year is not a huge gap, but we have 3 difficult games to come, 2 of them away from home, if the gap widens considerably to united, we'll have been caught by Chelsea (and maybe others). The pressure to win on Saturday is now very great in the context of where the club wants to be.

I wouldn't have thought it's a pressure that he hasn't been under before at the club.

Three difficult games, but all winnable (we got 7 points from the same fixtures last season).

Out of interest, if we win all three and then beat Fulham at home we'll be 1 point ahead of our points tally against the same sides last season and only 3 points behind our points tally at the same stage of last season.

how does the scums tally compare?

moomba said:
cleavers said:
moomba said:
we got 7 points from the same fixtures last season

True, sorry about that. Don't think there is any of the next four that we are incapable of winning though. Heres hoping.

there is not a fixture in world football that we are incapable of winning.

joe mancini said:

Currently 1 point ahead of last year on like to like basis, and 1 point ahead of their points tally at the same point in the season.

We're currently 2 behind on like for like and 6 behind after 19 games.

moomba said:
joe mancini said:

Currently 1 point ahead of last year on like to like basis, and 1 point ahead of their points tally at the same point in the season.

We're currently 2 behind on like for like and 6 behind after 19 games.

cheers,thanks bud,all is not lost,57 points to play and we will get better.

You'd think that going from eight points behind in April to winning the league in May would have taught a few people the wisdom of patience. Apparently not.

Pam said:
You'd think that going from eight points behind in April to winning the league in May would have taught a few people the wisdom of patience. Apparently not.

please get over that it is very very very rare, bookies paid out it wont keep happening

de niro said:
moomba said:
cleavers said:

there is not a fixture in world football that we are incapable of winning.
i agree.

i just don't think we utilize the plethora of talent we have at our disposal and play to individual players strengths and benefit the team.

For instance Dzeko a big target man,banging them in for fun with Wolfsburg,scores with his left foot,right foot,and head.Goals mostly scored from wingers lobbing the ball over.Yet we sign him to hold up play,the worst part of his game.Why sign him when we don't play to his strengths and don't use wingers ?.Makes no sense.

Defeat is easy to take when you know your not as good as the opposition.But our defeats are more self inflicted than anything,poor tactics,individual errors mostly.I have also noticed a few of our players are looking a bit over weight,that could also be a factor .

poor mancini he must be looking at his front players and wondering what the hell they are doing at the moment not scoring for fun in most games we have played!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.