Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Solihull Samba Boys said:
I don't actively want Mancini out but were Mourinho available I really don't think our hierarchy could say no to him. The 'challenge' to build that dynasty at our great football club is surely one of the most appealing in world football and I think he would be the perfect fit.

Or perfect tit? My guess is Blue Mooners would be split down the middle. I think our hierarchy could and would say say no to a loose cannon who doesn't fit with either their values or the strategic plan.

Chippy_boy said:
Indisputable semantic bollocks. Foolish of me to momentariliy expect nothing more from you.

Thanks for reminding me not to bother.

Have a cry.

Chippy_boy said:
moomba said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's absolutely insulting to our owner and Khaldoon to suggest Mancini takes the credit for the progress which this club had made in four seasons.

Of course he should take some credit for the progress which the club has made. As should the people in charge, as should the players.

I wonder what his Highness thinks when he now sees people jumping to Mancini's defence, how he has earned the right to remain in the job.

Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have earned the right to call the shots as they see fit.

The correlation between our trophies in down to one man. They backed Mancini to the hilt in the market, and appointed him, knowing he could take us to the nest level.

They've absolutely earned the right to call the shots in regard to the manager. Currently their position is that Mancini is the right man for the club.

With the greatest respect mate, you have no clue whether that is true or not. And incidentally, I do not think it is.

They might well have already decided that he is not the right man, but are waiting for the best timing to replace him.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's the case. These are high class football men. They aren't the kind of idiots who give a manager 3 games to save his job or whatever. A managers fate is decided on his entire tenure and whether they believe he can fulfil the clubs future objectives- domestic domination and European success. I think they will have already seen enough this season to know that he can't. I think it's probably 'when not if' already, and I think that decision could have been taken as early as Ajax away.

Conjecture of course, but I believe these men know far more about football than khaldoon and the sheikh, and that gives me great hope that mancini's days are numbered.

chesterbells said:
sir baconface said:
chesterbells said:
Exactly, if he's replaced by a better manager, is that a problem? I think it would be for some on here, who seem to suggest that for some kind of 'moral' reasons, of 'natural justice' it would be wrong to upgrade only months after winning the title. I don't think we can be that way, and if some think that ruthlessness would make us more like Chelsea then I couldn't care less

The "moral" case is partly about fairness and partly about being pragmatic. The justice argument is that he has earned the right to stay the rest of the season to try to put things right. The practical side is that he has turned a no-hope situation round once before and ...who knows? Fair enough. We are a decent club and we owe Mancini some slack for making such big strides.

Nobody is saying for ever. Sentiment doesn't bring home the bacon. By all means take stock at the end of the season and make a considered decision in the light of progress, results, availability of better alternatives and all the other factors.

If he is replaced, this forum will probably end up no more (dare I say?) united. Mourinho would be a much bigger test of morals than anything we've seen so far.

"..bring home the bacon" very good ;)

Yeah mate, a fair response that. I suppose in my calmer moments I concede he probably should and will get till at least the end of this season. It's just frustrating that the cracks seem to be getting wider by the week. I hope whenever we do decide to make a change our owners do it when the timing is best for the club, that is, at a time when the highest calibre candidate
is available

Couldn't agree more. The derby result and yesterday were hard to stomach. The rags' defence is laughable and Bacon's behaviour continues to deteriorate. Frustrating it most certainly is.

sir baconface said:
Solihull Samba Boys said:
I don't actively want Mancini out but were Mourinho available I really don't think our hierarchy could say no to him. The 'challenge' to build that dynasty at our great football club is surely one of the most appealing in world football and I think he would be the perfect fit.

Or perfect tit? My guess is Blue Mooners would be split down the middle. I think our hierarchy could and would say say no to a loose cannon who doesn't fit with either their values or the strategic plan.

Well presuming he did sign up, it would be in the full knowledge of their 'strategic plan' - and as manager he would only be one component in bringing that plan to fruition, and if he left in the medium term it wouldn't affect that plan.
As for the values of the owners, how can you know that?
Yes, blue moon would be split, but y'know, who gives? And anyway, apart from title winning day, when isn't it?;)

Didsbury Dave said:
Chippy_boy said:
moomba said:
Of course he should take some credit for the progress which the club has made. As should the people in charge, as should the players.

They've absolutely earned the right to call the shots in regard to the manager. Currently their position is that Mancini is the right man for the club.

With the greatest respect mate, you have no clue whether that is true or not. And incidentally, I do not think it is.

They might well have already decided that he is not the right man, but are waiting for the best timing to replace him.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's the case. These are high class football men. They aren't the kind of idiots who give a manager 3 games to save his job or whatever. A managers fate is decided on his entire tenure and whether they believe he can fulfil the clubs future objectives- domestic domination and European success. I think they will have already seen enough this season to know that he can't. I think it's probably 'when not if' already, and I think that decision could have been taken as early as Ajax away.

Conjecture of course, but I believe these men know far more about football than khaldoon and the sheikh, and that gives me great hope that mancini's days are numbered.

You know my views Dave, without going into detail. But I think you are right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.