Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

We beat both the CL finalist last season proving we can compete, maybe it's just getting used to the pressure of euro footie, we will get there sooner or later, no rush

inchy14 said:
forevermancity said:
FanchesterCity said:
A don't recall a single fan saying we'd regressed when we won the league.

You MIGHT argue we've regressed over the summer.

I would counter that with 'sometimes, you have to take a step back to move two steps forwards' - which I'll stand by, Fergie's done it countless times selling top players and bringing in younger ones.

I'd agree we don't look as good at the moment as we did last season, but it's still early days, and other teams have strengthened considerably. More progress on their part than regression on ours.

Lets not kid ourselves, we DO have financial restrictions. We aren't earning what the other clubs earn. There's no escaping it. It'll take years to catch up with them, and that's only with sustained top 4 presence.

We've not been shown up in the CL, we've simply had it illustrated to us how tough it is, and that nothing less than 100% will do in the CL, it's ruthlessly uncompromising.
This time last season we looked a hell of a lot better than we do now.

Yes without players having been away for the Euros etc.. Fucking clueless mate, clueless
Forgot that city were the only club to have players at the euros. You are fucking clueless!

Oh yeah, and a burnt out silva was played almost every game by Mancini. When everybody knew he was burnt, silva said it himself. That is 'fucking clueless' just like your blind faith to the manager, il just stick to having blind faith in my club. Fanboy.

Benitez couldn't manage a starving dog in from a snow storm with a pork chop.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:48 pm --<br /><br />
forevermancity said:
inchy14 said:
forevermancity said:

Yes without players having been away for the Euros etc.. Fucking clueless mate, clueless
Forgot that city were the only club to have players at the euros. You are fucking clueless!

Oh yeah, and a burnt out silva was played almost every game by Mancini. When everybody knew he was burnt, silva said it himself. That is 'fucking clueless' just like your blind faith to the manager, il just stick to having blind faith in my club. Fanboy.

Seriously, Mancini is fucking clueless now?

forevermancity said:
FanchesterCity said:
forevermancity said:
its not exactly rediculous.

Mancini has yet to convince many blues, hardly rocket science.

Yes he has won us the league, cup and charity shield, but considering the resources that should be a given.

His tactics are questionable

His plan B is to throw strikers on

His man mangement is very questionable

We have been outclassed in europe
All of the above are starting to weigh as much as his triumphs.

The jury is still out for me, and if fans 100% believe in him, fair enough, im not going to mock you, but please spare us the bullshit about how dare we question him

-- Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:10 pm --

we seem to have regressed in 12 months in terms of playing style and squad personel

I would counter that with 'sometimes, you have to take a step back to move two steps forwards' - which I'll stand by, Fergie's done it countless times selling top players and bringing in younger ones.

I'd agree we don't look as good at the moment as we did last season, but it's still early days, and other teams have strengthened considerably. More progress on their part than regression on ours.

Lets not kid ourselves, we DO have financial restrictions. We aren't earning what the other clubs earn. There's no escaping it. It'll take years to catch up with them, and that's only with sustained top 4 presence.

We've not been shown up in the CL, we've simply had it illustrated to us how tough it is, and that nothing less than 100% will do in the CL, it's ruthlessly uncompromising.
But we haven't played the teams we played last season in the first few months. We had a much easier Champions Lg group (one much better team than us, one team that finished fifth in Serie A, and one team relegated from La Liga) and played eight easy games in our first ten.

So far this season we're in the toughest Champions Lg group of all time (we're the third best team in it) and have been away to Liverpool Stoke Fulham and West Brom where we only picked up four points from last season and this season we've picked up eight points from these games. So really we're doing better than last season.

danburge82 said:
forevermancity said:
FanchesterCity said:

But we haven't played the teams we played last season in the first few months. We had a much easier Champions Lg group (one much better team than us, one team that finished fifth in Serie A, and one team relegated from La Liga) and played eight easy games in our first ten.

So far this season we're in the toughest Champions Lg group of all time (we're the third best team in it) and have been away to Liverpool Stoke Fulham and West Brom where we only picked up four points from last season and this season we've picked up eight points from these games. So really we're doing better than last season.

It is n't the domestic form that is the issue though, Mancini is the business when it comes to domestic honours but he will never create a platform for success in Europe, Inter got sick of it, eventually City will as well. It may be better to have a manager that is not as good domestically but will most likely qualify from the group and take his team towards the latter stages of the CL.

I'm bowing out of this thread, the amount of Mancini fanboys who can't see his flaws is worse than dzekos.

Ciao Mancini fans, il stick to supporting city

forevermancity said:
I'm bowing out of this thread, the amount of Mancini fanboys who can't see his flaws is worse than dzekos.

Ciao Mancini fans, il stick to supporting city

I'm no fanboy, and I can certainly see his flaws But to call him, "fucking clueless", is taking the piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.