Is Rodri better than Yaya ?

Sorry LP but if you`ve been watching City that long then you should know there is only ONE KING !!

I know that vey well Oakie. Colin Bell was beyond being a King.. he was a footballing God. Yaya is the 21st century King in my book!

My dad would disagree, he was a big fan of Peter Doherty and Frank Swift and didn't see why I made so much fuss about Colin Bell...

To this day, my brother iwho's in his 80s) will argue to his last breath that Neil Young was a better and more important player for City than Colin Bell. Probably only because he was a mate of Neil's when they were lads!

Different types of players as others have said, so it's bit of comparing apples and oranges.

IMO though Rodri is a better overall player. Yaya had the greater peak (his 2013-2014 season) - but I believe Rodri has been the best midfielder on the planet for 2ish+ years now, and still should have several more seasons in his prime.
Both are central midfield players so the comparisons will always come up AND you never know Rodri might end up further forward as he has a great shot on him and a knack of scoring goals :)

The comparison should be with KDB given the positions they played, and KDB is the better player unquestionably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.