Is Rodri better than Yaya ?

Tough question.

Yaya was a big game player so is Rodri.

Yaya drove us forward in the early days of our accession. Rodri is keeping us there.

Yaya was a head case, Rodri is not.

Those amazing runs from Yaya were something special as was his free kicks and pens.

Rodri controls the game and we are not the same team when he is unavailable.

If you combine all elements then Yaya comes out on top as the more complete player.

The Fa cup winner was important at the time but not as important as the champions league goal from Rodri.

Both massive players. For me personally it’s Rodri. World class player who has kept us top, no Rodri no treble.

For me as a 30 something I think Aguero is "the greatest player" I've seen. But I think if you scored all the attributes of every City player ever and added them up Rodri would have the highest score - just to give a bit of context to my opinion.

He'd be one of the best passers, dribblers, tacklers, organisers and long shooters. Plus he turns up in the biggest moments.

He's probably the most rounded player I can think of, alongside someone like Ballack or Essien. And I do think he's better than both of those.
Thank you for the clarification, the older players didn't have a way that there attributes could be measured I think it was Sam Allardyce who brought this into football, speaking as some one in his mid 60's whilst Aguero was a really good player he wouldn't be in my top 3 City players.
That doesn't mean you are wrong its just my opinion, you should have seen the King my friend he played on a green field called Maine Road.
The older Bluemooners will tell you of many great players from the past, but for me our best 3 modern day players for me are and were David Silva, Yaya Toure and KDB.
Sergio gave us our greatest moment,

Yaya at full pelt took some stopping and was a reliable penalty and free kick taker but other than that they have similar skill set. Both are equal for me as well.

Rodri is a great threat at set pieces. Yaya couldn’t head the ball at all, I think he scored 1 header in 10 years here.

More than makes up for the free kicks in Yaya’s favour.

Rodri has 100% penalty success, but he’s only taken 3. Might be an area of his game he shows more of in the next 5 years.

Rodri by far. Yaya at his peak (which was short) was in the conversation for best midfielder in the world. Rodri right now is in the conversation for best player in the world along Mbappe.

Besides that, if you ask me I can only choose one player in my team, I would choose Rodri 100%. He makes the team around him so much better, while Yaya not as much. IMO, only Messi, Xavi and Henry are that level of I am so good and I define the way my team plays so much that I make the team around me better.

Seeing City rock up at the Emirates quite a few times over the years, and watching players first hand I'd say the most impressive City players I saw were David Silva and Sergio Aguero.

Rodri is a great threat at set pieces. Yaya couldn’t head the ball at all, I think he scored 1 header in 10 years here.

More than makes up for the free kicks in Yaya’s favour.

Rodri has 100% penalty success, but he’s only taken 3. Might be an area of his game he shows more of in the next 5 years.
Yaya is still a goal threat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.