Is Rodri better than Yaya ?

With all due respect, regardless of 'how you meant it' some people are going to respond to the specifics of the thread title.

All of the team that are on the pitch/ squad are "players", regardless position, so if you're asking about "better players" you can't be kicking off over a posters definition when yours is not position specific in the title.

As has been said plenty, Touré has played in 4 positions as a "player", maybe even more than that as I don't know what he did at PSG, really.

Good news, you didn’t miss anything he did at PSG.

Bad news…he never played for PSG.

They are both excellent players but Rodri is lucky in that he was chosen by Pep for the key role in the team and coached to become the best in the world in that position. Yaya by contrast was on a decline when Pep arrived at City. He had done well for the two previous managers but he was not improved by them in the same way that Rodri has been by Pep.
I think Rodri may regarded as one of our very best players by the time he leaves but those runs by Yaya were absolutely iconic. Love them both.

Rodri has twice as many career goals as Yaya did at the same age.

You’re remembering 13/14 and pretending it applied to his entire 20 year career.

Now maybe Rodri won’t have a season where he scores 24 goals at 30, but he’s got 8 this season so far, I expect him to get comfortably in double figures without taking 10 pens like Yaya did (and as I previously mentioned Rodri does score 100% of his pens), so if given a bit more license to go forward (ie if we get another good defensive midfielder) then I think he could match Yaya for non-penalty goals.

I think Rodri’s shown he scores big goals in big games too, which Yaya was famed for.
I still don't think Rodri will match Yaya's goalscoring output at City although he is improving on that stat.

Don’t think they’re really a comparative, Rodri and Yaya together would be some midfield though.

Generally as a player though, yes, considerably so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.