Is something wrong?

its been obvious from the start of the season that are SQUAD is gash and our first 11 is one of the best, i hate banging on with I told you so but we all know.

chelea have EASILY the best squad and still drop bollocks.

This strongest squad in the league idea is a myth.
We have overpaid for average players who lack ability or attitude or BOTH.
A combined fee of £60M for Garcia, Kolarov & Dzeko is frankly embarassing.

Someone posted that performance last night reminded them of the Wigan final- at the stadium i was thinking exactly the same. The players excuse last season was Mancini's abrasiveness, whats the excuse this season? A few of them they need to take a serious look at themselves, not that they will whilst driving home in their Ferraris to their model wives, they are detached from reality.

Sunderland just like Wigan (twice) wanted it more, we lack the heart for a fight.
As blues we try to give the players every reason for these performances- tiredness, injuries etc

For me it is simple they are overpaid & lack the hunger & fight to be at a top club.

I would like to add that it is not all the players we do have a quality core & with the right outs/ins in the summer we can turn it around, but i have a horrible feeling we will get rid of the workers & quality & keep the ones not up to it.

This is NOT a knee jerk reaction after a bad night i have been thinking like this for over a year but hoped i was wrong........

Mancityfans.net'er said:
its been obvious from the start of the season that are SQUAD is gash and our first 11 is one of the best, i hate banging on with I told you so but we all know.

I'm not too sure about this whole First 11/Squad discussion, I think it's a question about attitude.

It feels weird to say but the possible PL Champions this season might replace a suspended Jordan Henderson with Joe Allen for three games. Although Henderson has been one of their most important players this season, I'm pretty sure that it will not affect their title bid. Why? Because the will to win and the attitude is there, they play like a team and they do everything for Rodgers.

If we take Silva out of our equation, we lose everything up front. He was a far bigger miss than Yaya yesterday, whose attitude also can be questioned at times.

As someone wrote earlier, something is missing, but what?<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:44 am --<br /><br />
porkchopsaplenty said:

Someone posted that performance last night reminded them of the Wigan final- at the stadium i was thinking exactly the same. The players excuse last season was Mancini's abrasiveness, whats the excuse this season? A few of them they need to take a serious look at themselves, not that they will whilst driving home in their Ferraris to their model wives, they are detached from reality.

Sunderland just like Wigan (twice) wanted it more, we lack the heart for a fight.
As blues we try to give the players every reason for these performances- tiredness, injuries etc

For me it is simple they are overpaid & lack the hunger & fight to be at a top club.

I would like to add that it is not all the players we do have a quality core & with the right outs/ins in the summer we can turn it around, but i have a horrible feeling we will get rid of the workers & quality & keep the ones not up to it.

This is NOT a knee jerk reaction after a bad night i have been thinking like this for over a year but hoped i was wrong........

Absolutely spot on mate

I agree that we do not have the strongest squad

That's just a medja myth

we are far too reliant on key players who leave a gaping hole when sidelined

Chelsea have far more strength in depth than we do

Should have backed Mancini in that window tbh

There is nothing wrong at City.

It is just that the normal City tendency to underperform has stayed at the club despite all the money our owners have put in.

Buying good players is not enough for consistent success. That requires good management from top to bottom, and I'm not convinced we've ever had that at City to the same extent other top clubs have.

noirish said:
Mancityfans.net'er said:

I'm not too sure about this whole First 11/Squad discussion, I think it's a question about attitude.

It feels weird to say but the possible PL Champions this season might replace a suspended Jordan Henderson with Joe Allen for three games. Although Henderson has been one of their most important players this season, I'm pretty sure that it will not affect their title bid. Why? Because the will to win and the attitude is there, they play like a team and they do everything for Rodgers.

If we take Silva out of our equation, we lose everything up front. He was a far bigger miss than Yaya yesterday, whose attitude also can be questioned at times.

As someone wrote earlier, something is missing, but what?

-- Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:44 am --

porkchopsaplenty said:

Absolutely spot on mate

I would only be bothered if we lost any of the following

Zab, Kompany, Fernandinho, Yaya, Aguero, Silva

None of the others would bother me.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Aphex said:
Of course there is. We struggled and laboured even though we still had a chance of the title.I can't see a repeat of eight points dropped like in 2012.

Although I hope I am proved very wrong

Give the opposition credit. They were fighting for a different cause. Maybe fighting more than we thought they were capable of. After 2 minutes I settled down more comfortably into the settee at work and dreamt of a cricket score. ....

The guy next to me suggested it would be 2-0 for City. I said that I would like an early goal and then not having to wait till 89mins for the second one!!

The thing is that nobody would even dream of asking this question had Clattenburg done his job on Sunday. Providing he got those decisions correct we would have had 5 points on Pool and 4 on Chelsea, and would not have put in that half-arsed effort last night.

Of course we should have been better last night but there's no need for an overreaction, considering we would have had one hand on the title if Clattenburg had done his job even half properly.

noirish said:
Can't help but to think that something was seriously wrong today. I had exactly the same feeling as when we played the FA Cup Final last year which ultimately led to Mancini's departure.

Could there be bad things going on behind the scenes? FFPR, the homegrown quota problem, etc? Has been a lot of negativity the recent week and I'm worried that there might be something to it.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but there were many things that felt strange today. Milner's performance and attitude towards the refs were maybe the most remarkable.
Funny, that perfectly summarises how I felt as well. I’ve supported Pellegrini this season but last night it hit me like a train. Something is wrong. It has been deteriorating at an alarming rate and this is reminiscent of Mancini when he had lost the dressing room. Some of our players should be ashamed of themselves and I’m not talking about the usual scape goats. I’m talking about Hart and Kompany.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I would only be bothered if we lost any of the following

Zab, Kompany, Fernandinho, Yaya, Aguero, Silva

None of the others would bother me.
I would be disappointed to see James Milner go too. I know he was terrible last night but he's a key member of our squad, someone every good squad needs and he shows an attitude week-in-week-out that only Zaba is on a par with.

Other than that, you could replace the other 18-20 players that play for us and I wouldn't be sorry to see any of them go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.