Is the league cup enough for you?

RandomJ said:
Blue Tooth said:
RandomJ said:
Even more reason to be frustrated by this star studded team underachieving then. If indeed this success is temporary then we should win as much as humanly possible before it does go.

...and if we win the league your position will be?

That it was a successful season. The thread is if we only win the league cup is it good enough and the answer is no.

and as that is not yet the outcome perhaps your observation is moot right now.

Blue Tooth said:
RandomJ said:
Blue Tooth said:
...and if we win the league your position will be?

That it was a successful season. The thread is if we only win the league cup is it good enough and the answer is no.

Sorry didn't know you were the hypothetical situation police.

We're not really here said:
robbieh said:
So who is that man?

Well, if Ancelotti gets the sack from Madrid I'd certainly go with him. Is Klopp getting fed up of selling players?

Ancelotti gets sacked? If they fail to win either the Euro cup or the league he would be a far far greater failure than Manuel. As for Klopp, I like him but what a gamble.

Ancelotti a gamble. You do realise that apart from winning our league he has also won the CL twice. It's not just about losing the league, it's also about a man's past which is a good indication of his future. In Pellegrini's case his CV is nowhere near Carlo's.

robbieh said:
robbieh said:
Well, if Ancelotti gets the sack from Madrid I'd certainly go with him. Is Klopp getting fed up of selling players?

Ancelotti gets sacked? If they fail to win either the Euro cup or the league he would be a far far greater failure than Manuel. As for Klopp, I like him but what a gamble.

Ancelotti a gamble. You do realise that apart from winning our league he has also won the CL twice. It's not just about losing the league, it's also about a man's past which is a good indication of his future. In Pellegrini's case his CV is nowhere near Carlo's.

Pellegrini's got a three year contract and is going nowhere this summer, which is all that matters right now.

There is a light said:
We've had the best squad for four seasons IMO so one league title to show for it is poor.

This group of players, especially Aguero, Kompany, Yaya and a Silva should have a cabinet full of league medals and they'll know we have underachieved time and time again.

Sad reality but true. With better managers at the club in last 4 years we easily could have 2-3 league titles, 2 FA cup wins and some great CL runs instead of finally not making fun of ourselves not getting out of the group.

Its hard to see how Pelle will be the man that next year will start to win trophies. We wont have as easy cup run as we had in League Cup. PL wont be any easier if Chelsea gets a top class striker thats at least 5 points for them extra, easily could be around 90 points next year with Mourinho. They are doing 85 points now probably without a striker that scores 12-15 in PL.
CL wont be easier, and we finally had some luck not getting some crazy team from lower pots at the draw only CSKA and Plzen. What if we are back again on the unlucky draws? Real, Barca, Bayern nearly guaranteed anyway rom pot 1 or Atletico that is hardly easier based on this season. ..

RandomJ said:
Blue Tooth said:
RandomJ said:

Sorry didn't know you were the hypothetical situation police.

I'm not the one saying we have under achieved already.

Look, I hate to point out the obvious but if we win our two games in hand, we are only one point off the pace with a further twelve to play for. Premature obituaries are pointless, which is what we found out in 2012, when we were in a much weaker position than now and still managed to pull it off in the end. This is a lost battle, not the whole war.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:

Pellegrini's got a three year contract and is going nowhere this summer, which is all that matters right now.

I agree that it is unlikely he'll get the sack as that would reflect poorly on the guys who selected him, but contract's count for nothing as Mancini found out a year ago.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:

Agreed; he won't be going anywhere this summer. Our owners will give him another year anyway. But the pressure will be on him to deliver big time next year. Not sure that ''just'' winning a domestic knockout cup will qualify as delivering. As for someone saying that the current quality of football is something we like, and that that should count for something; not sure the owners would go with the whole ''well; we're playing fantastic football and we've won the league cup'' if this season replicates itself next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.