Is the league cup enough for you?

RandomJ said:
kev20971 said:
jake28 said:
They will never move on and are part of the problem.
so what will you do if it all goes tits up ,'move on' ? I think some people know as quickly as success as come it can disappear, just look at the rags, so winning cups, any cups is good

Even more reason to be frustrated by this star studded team underachieving then. If indeed this success is temporary then we should win as much as humanly possible before it does go.

...and if we win the league your position will be?

No, because I want us to do as absolutely well as possible in every competition.

But I am not going to be a spoit little baby about it if that is the way it falls in. I'm not going to whinge and attack other Blues and call for the sacking of the best manager we have had in my lifetime just because a couple pieces fell the wrong way at the wrong times.

The Hart/Nastasic cock-up. That totally buggered-up Villa fixture that we easily should have won. Today where Silva misses by inches, Komps makes a crazy error, and a bent twat of a ref carries around an eternal flame and sings YNWA while he, his missus, and their best mates Mr. and Mrs. Gerrard go hit the town.

That's football, FFS. Those things will happen. We are on the right track. Let's not be all Chavski about it and start wildly overreacting to every setback.

We've had the best squad for four seasons IMO so one league title to show for it is poor.

This group of players, especially Aguero, Kompany, Yaya and a Silva should have a cabinet full of league medals and they'll know we have underachieved time and time again.

We're not really here said:
robbieh said:
Last year an FA Cup final was being looked on as a failure. After all Mancini was getting the sack whatever. I acknowledge there were other issues like him not being Txiki's man. But if we go on failing Txiki might not be Khaldoon's man for very long.

The reality is a top squad, and that is what we have got needs a top coach, otherwise why bother. Mancini wasn't that man and neither is Pellegrini.

So who is that man?

Well, if Ancelotti gets the sack from Madrid I'd certainly go with him. Is Klopp getting fed up of selling players?

Blue Tooth said:
RandomJ said:
kev20971 said:
so what will you do if it all goes tits up ,'move on' ? I think some people know as quickly as success as come it can disappear, just look at the rags, so winning cups, any cups is good

Even more reason to be frustrated by this star studded team underachieving then. If indeed this success is temporary then we should win as much as humanly possible before it does go.

...and if we win the league your position will be?

That it was a successful season. The thread is if we only win the league cup is it good enough and the answer is no.

Pingu the Penguin said:
If I'm honest, I'd be disappointed with just the league cup

That said, to win the league you need things to go for you. No sergio, yaya injured early, and vinnie playing with a knock cost us today.

Imagine where we'd be with a fully fit sergio all year too.

Think Jovetic has been good when fit too. He'll be a nice addition when and if fully fit to play more than 20 minutes.

There is a light said:
We've had the best squad for four seasons IMO so one league title to show for it is poor.

This group of players, especially Aguero, Kompany, Yaya and a Silva should have a cabinet full of league medals and they'll know we have underachieved time and time again.

Agreed. We had the best squad last year, we've got it again this year. The biggest wage bill "should" equate to having the best players and therefore the best chance of winning trophies. Nothing about being spoilt brats, it's about realistic expectation. We should be doing better and winning more trophies with this squad. Having this group of players won't last forever and it's potentially an opportunity lost if we come away with 1 PL title, 1 FA Cup & 1 League Cup over a 4 year period.

robbieh said:
We're not really here said:
robbieh said:
Last year an FA Cup final was being looked on as a failure. After all Mancini was getting the sack whatever. I acknowledge there were other issues like him not being Txiki's man. But if we go on failing Txiki might not be Khaldoon's man for very long.

The reality is a top squad, and that is what we have got needs a top coach, otherwise why bother. Mancini wasn't that man and neither is Pellegrini.

So who is that man?

Well, if Ancelotti gets the sack from Madrid I'd certainly go with him. Is Klopp getting fed up of selling players?

Ancelotti gets sacked? If they fail to win either the Euro cup or the league he would be a far far greater failure than Manuel. As for Klopp, I like him but what a gamble.

mammutly said:
Billy, you take hypocrisy to the level of an art form, you really do.

The squad has underachieved this season by every arbiter you listed last year (ad nausea) as being absolutely pivotal to our future. We either win the league or your once so precious "momentum" simply isn't there and by your often ( very often) stated criteria we should sack the manager.

But. Hey ho! It's a new world now where supporting the club is suddenly sufficient to you, just as it was to the rest of us last season.

How is it hypocritical to be happy to be in the title race with five games to go? We were a million miles off last season. And yeah I don't recognise these traits because in my lifetime this is only the second time that we've been in this position. Yes I now expect to be here, but do I expect it to to be easy every year (which is what it sounds like a lot of people are saying) - then no. I don't.

If you want to make this an argument about Mancini, feel free. You'll lose all ends up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.