Is the league cup enough for you?

Disappointing if that's all we end up with. The question should actually be rephrased to ask if it's enough for our owners. At a guess, I would say they'll be underwhelmed if it's all we end up with. Don't think MP will get the bullet though; he'll get another season, but the pressure will be on for him to deliver next season.

mammutly said:
Pam said:
We're not really here said:
Winning any trophy is good enough! Stop being spoilt twats.

Some of them will never stop being spoilt twats.

Winning any trophy is not enough. That's the mentality of losers. You can be absolutely sure that the people running City these days do not think winning the league cup is success.

Correct. I'm not that arsed, but if someone wants/expects more from a team of sturdy professionals at their peak of their abilities (more so than any top team in the league), they're simply mirroring the expectations of the club they support.

No one upstairs at City will be pleased with a League Cup being the only tangible success from two seasons*, from the Premier League's most wealthy club (although maybe not the biggest spenders in the past 2 seasons).

* if we don't win the league that is

jake28 said:
RandomJ said:
Pam said:

How is recognising the team has underachieved being a spoilt twat? It's time some people move on from the days when we were shit and realise City is a very different club these days with better players, facilities and better everything which brings with it higher expectations and targets.

They will never move on and are part of the problem.

I have moved on. The thing is there are only 4 trophies to go for. In reality the European Cup was never a true target. So out of the 3 we won one, blew another and are still in the running for the third.
In sport shit happens and you don't always win. Grow up. We are moving forward all the time. In a few years it won't be enough but it is still progression.

RandomJ said:
Pam said:
We're not really here said:
Winning any trophy is good enough! Stop being spoilt twats.

How is recognising the team has underachieved being a spoilt twat? It's time some people move on from the days when we were shit and realise City is a very different club these days with better players, facilities and better everything which brings with it higher expectations and targets.

Spot on and why Bobby's treatment was all the more despicable.

jake28 said:
RandomJ said:
Pam said:

so what will you do if it all goes tits up ,'move on' ? I think some people know as quickly as success as come it can disappear, just look at the rags, so winning cups, any cups is good

Last year an FA Cup final was being looked on as a failure. After all Mancini was getting the sack whatever. I acknowledge there were other issues like him not being Txiki's man. But if we go on failing Txiki might not be Khaldoon's man for very long.

The reality is a top squad, and that is what we have got needs a top coach, otherwise why bother. Mancini wasn't that man and neither is Pellegrini.

kev20971 said:
jake28 said:
RandomJ said:

so what will you do if it all goes tits up ,'move on' ? I think some people know as quickly as success as come it can disappear, just look at the rags, so winning cups, any cups is good

Even more reason to be frustrated by this star studded team underachieving then. If indeed this success is temporary then we should win as much as humanly possible before it does go.

robbieh said:
Last year an FA Cup final was being looked on as a failure. After all Mancini was getting the sack whatever. I acknowledge there were other issues like him not being Txiki's man. But if we go on failing Txiki might not be Khaldoon's man for very long.

The reality is a top squad, and that is what we have got needs a top coach, otherwise why bother. Mancini wasn't that man and neither is Pellegrini.

So who is that man?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.