Is the league cup enough for you?

will be gutted to not win the league this year as i think we have played some great football and scored a lot of goals but if we dont i will be very happy to have the league cup on the table there is allways next year and i do believe we will win it next year MP will of learnt a lot from his first year and hopefully fix all the very little mistakes made with the obvious adition of a couple of world class additions that will make us very stong for next season.
We have seen us win all 4 domestic trophys in the last 3 years so lets not get to down boys and girls theres plenty more where they came from.

Top 3 and league cup then Yes
Change of manager, change of style and key players injured for large parts of the season.
Squad not as strong as the media makes out and poor quality in reserve in defence and midfield.

Finish in the top 3 (not a given as many think, Everton breathing down our necks and them to play and Arsenal have easyish run in) and winning the cup and I think its a decent season. Strengthen in the summer esp in CB and CM positions and next season can be no excuses

No team has a divine right to win anything so to get a trophy is good going and I think regular Champions League until we settle with new stadium, Academy and FFPR is all we need.

I would like to see more work rate and energy in the side and maybe let some of the skill go.

There were times during the rag dominance that it was all they won. If they weren't happy they kept it to themselves. Whilst rueing what might have been if we don't win the league, it is a step forward from last season and something to build on next. All I ever asked of City is that they try and improve season on season.

To be honest, I'd come at this from a different direction.
I've seen, both at the Etihad, and on telly, some of the best football I've ever seen from City in more than forty years of following them, this season. I know that there are a number who'd agree with me. So in a sense, forget trophies, the football they've played has been, yes, enough for me. It's given me huge pleasure and helped me to remember why I fell in love with this game all those decades ago.
But what I really feel is that the league cup is not enough for them, the lads, given the quality of what they've produced. I don't feel it's sufficient reward for what they've done, and I'll be sad for them if they don't do it. That's all, really. We know we're in it for the long haul, and this team will come back even stronger next year.

Pam said:
Why do people throw in the trial prematurely? Win our games in hand and we are a point off the pace. We're not out of it yet and there's still time for the dippers to bottle it and the Chavs to get distracted. Stop writing us off.
What trial?

Years are passing by so quickly.

This squad of players should be dominating English football.

It's not about being greedy, it's about fulfilling our potential.

I am sure Blues of a certain age look back on the late 60's and 70's and think the same.

At the start of the season, with a new manager, a new style of play, and three or four new players, I said then I would settle for a cup and a champions league place. I still feel that is a result.

People allowed themselves to get a bit giddy a month or so ago, talk of a quadruple. For fucks sake!

We are in a period of redevelopment, this is his first season as manager, he has seen who/what works and who/what doesn't. He has also learned some tough lessons on the way. I have no doubt he will correct these.

league cup enough ? its another trophy we havent won for nearly 40 years , definite champs league qualification , and if we dont win the premiership , we will push whoever wins the title right to the last game , and its not that long ago our seasons ended in january (unless we were in a relegation battle)

At the start of the season, with a new manager, a new style of play, and three or four new players, I said then I would settle for a cup and a champions league place. I still feel that is a result.

People allowed themselves to get a bit giddy a month or so ago, talk of a quadruple. For fucks sake!

We are in a period of redevelopment, this is his first season as manager, he has seen who/what works and who/what doesn't. He has also learned some tough lessons on the way. I have no doubt he will correct these.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.