Is the league cup enough for you?

gmckennasell said:
There is a light said:
gmckennasell said:
league cup enough ? its another trophy we havent won for nearly 40 years , definite champs league qualification , and if we dont win the premiership , we will push whoever wins the title right to the last game , and its not that long ago our seasons ended in january (unless we were in a relegation battle)

Not the point, we are underachieving.

3 trophies in 4 years and champs league qualification guaranteed every season , 6 trips to wembley , soon to be 62,000 seat stadium sold out for every league game , trebled our revenue in 5 seasons , and the best pies in the premiership , steady progress , obviously not enough for the impatient and greedy amongst our bretheren , but good enough for the realists.

Give it a rest, I didn't call for Hughes head or Mancini's and I'm not calling for Pellegrini's either, so I'm hardly impatient or greedy.

I know we are passing up on a golden opportunity with the squad we have though. I'll say it again, this squad should be winning League titles not just League Cups. You will see this yourself when they are past their best or if they ever move on to another club.

We have four World class players in our side and I doubt they see winning the Capital One Cup as a success this season.

There is a light said:
gmckennasell said:
There is a light said:
Not the point, we are underachieving.

3 trophies in 4 years and champs league qualification guaranteed every season , 6 trips to wembley , soon to be 62,000 seat stadium sold out for every league game , trebled our revenue in 5 seasons , and the best pies in the premiership , steady progress , obviously not enough for the impatient and greedy amongst our bretheren , but good enough for the realists.

Give it a rest, I didn't call for Hughes head or Mancini's and I'm not calling for Pellegrini's either, so I'm hardly impatient or greedy.

I know we are passing up on a golden opportunity with the squad we have though. I'll say it again, this squad should be winning League titles not just League Cups. You will see this yourself when they are past their best or if they ever move on to another club.

We have four World class players in our side and I doubt they see winning the Capital One Cup as a success this season.

Barca have possibly 8 world class players , if they dont beat real in this weeks copa del rey , they will win nothing this season , (and la liga is far less demanding than the premiership) , therefore barca have under achieved this season , i am sure the barca forums are full of disgruntled supporters , and yet they have been the best team in the world for the last decade , perspective is required. Agree with you regarding our current players komps , spanish dave , zabs , hart , yaya are 27/28/29 years old , and in the their prime , its now or never for these lads , and they will be extremely difficult to replace in a couple of years.

gmckennasell said:
There is a light said:
gmckennasell said:

Barca have possibly 8 world class players , if they dont beat real in this weeks copa del rey , they will win nothing this season , (and la liga is far less demanding than the premiership) , therefore barca have under achieved this season , i am sure the barca forums are full of disgruntled supporters , and yet they have been the best team in the world for the last decade , perspective is required. Agree with you regarding our current players komps , spanish dave , zabs , hart , yaya are 27/28/29 years old , and in the their prime , its now or never for these lads , and they will be extremely difficult to replace in a couple of years.

In fairness I don't really care about Barcelona. You've summed it up there though, some of the best players ever to wear the shirt are in their prime. Four years in a row we've had the best squad and we have one title to show for it.

A League Cup is good enough for old City, not for the best team in the country and among the best in Europe. It's not enough.

As an old timer all of this 'look where we have come from' bollocks gets on my nerves.
It's where we are now.

If anyone thinks the Capitol Cup is good enough they are completely deluded.
It's all about where we are now.

Quite simply NO!

We do have the best squad in the league and this should have been reflected in or league position.

But it hasn't, mainly due to terrible bad luck with injuries to too many of our key players and our rather inept manager never learning from his previous mistakes (repeating them over and over again).

There is a light said:
gmckennasell said:
There is a light said:

In fairness I don't really care about Barcelona. You've summed it up there though, some of the best players ever to wear the shirt are in their prime. Four years in a row we've had the best squad and we have one title to show for it.

A League Cup is good enough for old City, not for the best team in the country and among the best in Europe. It's not enough.

barcelona have to be the comparison , because that is the club we aspire to be (whilst wee davey aspires to be city !!!! ) we will make mistakes on the way , not too many i hope, because at my advanced years , i want to see the champs league trophy at the etihad , just as much as much as you , i just dont consider this season to be a total failure , and no i wasnt at york away.

gmckennasell said:
There is a light said:
gmckennasell said:

barcelona have to be the comparison , because that is the club we aspire to be (whilst wee davey aspires to be city !!!! ) we will make mistakes on the way , not too many i hope, because at my advanced years , i want to see the champs league trophy at the etihad , just as much as much as you , i just dont consider this season to be a total failure , and no i wasnt at york away.

Fair play mate we all want that. I just think we can't forever be grateful to be merely competing. The best teams make history like Liverpool in the 70s and 80s and the Rags in the 90s and last decade. That should be our objective, it's not an unrealistic one. We need to move with the times, that is the level we should be playing at with the great players we have at the club.

Third most successful season in my lifetime if they don't win the league...City don't have a divine right to win every competition they enter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.