is there any friendship between city and another club

Danamy said:
levets said:
Danamy said:
blue jim said:
I heard the link with Torino was that a couple of City fans went to a Torino match when in Italy and brought their City flag with them and had a laugh with the locals, who hadnt a clue what was going on.

The link with Torino came when City done a pre-season tour of Italy in 1992 and played them in one of the 3 games.
I don't know if anyone else on here attended that tour but i was on Big Bernards coach and we stayed in Lake Garda for the duration.
It was a great tour and it was also on that tour the infamous Niall Quinn's Disco Pants song came from!!

Oh the memories..........

Hi mate... i was there as well... The link with Torino is a bit older than that... There was a group of city fans who set up a 'toro club' manchester and designed a flag with the toro bull on one side and the city crest on the other.. they went to a few games in turin and the friendship was born... just before that pre season trip, we got a lot of info from the 'toro city' club in Turin... I've still got it... it had facts and info... oh and what to chant at the other games... Juve insults etc....

Great piss up that was levets wasn't it?
It was Torino, Verona and what was the other team we played? can't remember now?
Vicenza & Brescia..
We played Torino & Brescia at the training camp in the mountains... and we played Vicenza and verona at their own stadiums

there is always a city flag at Palmerston when we play Queen of the South and of course when the blues head to visit me we go to the Morton games fu*k the Old Firm !!! The lads love the old terracing at Cappielow !

blue jim said:
not sure, they're being built the more we play in europe. i seen a fair few city tops at the oval in belfast, home of glentoran.
o no u dont wana be friends with these! Scum begs! I remember city playing linfield a few times when i was a pup.thats when i watchd irish league footy(then i wised up) but as sum1 said ballymena have same colours and there is a few city supporters club up there and was up at that friendly and plenty of support about. Ive been brought up supporting rangers and i like to tell myself that city and the gers have a link but ive noticed on here that after uefa cup final use arnt happy with the gers men! :( aww well still love them both!lol

wrongun73 said:
vonksconk said:
wrongun73 said:
Perth-Blue said:
A lot of my mates up here follow City as well as the local team Saintjohnstone (league Div 1 winners and back in the SPL next season)
funny you should say that when i was a kid collecting the panini stickers i took a shining to st. johnston, dont know why, i must have liked the kit or badge or something. i still always look for their results.
lol i still do that, i have vivid memories of my panini books, happy days
we could get a few together and do a trip up there for a game and they come down here for a game, go on the piss etc. i used to know a few lads in the denton area that used to do a similar thing with raith rovers
sorry vonks conk just got back on, im in manchester mate

r.soleofsalford said:
theres a link with malaga a lot of ex pat blue go to there games and bring malaga fans over here for games

Thats good for me then I might consider going to a few of their games cos I'm out that way quite alot. Always take city shirts etc to fuengirola which is quite near to malaga.

To be fair they've had a good season this time round in la liga.

ctid

I am sure we are liked with Glasgow Rangers and United are with Celtic!! There used to be scarves with both clubs on!

Tennis Borussia Berlin (or TeBe - hence the name)

Not a real link, just that Uwe played for them.... ;-)

TeBe said:
Tennis Borussia Berlin (or TeBe - hence the name)

Not a real link, just that Uwe played for them.... ;-)

You can`t be serious. Never saw a City top or flag in your ground.
Uwe played in Germany also for Leipzig, Magdeburg, Dresden, Nuremberg, K´lautern and U`haching btw.

kippax88 said:
schalke 04 fans made us extremely welcome and had a great sing song with them in their supporters bar and they hate utd also :)

germans in generall are quality guys, they all love footy for the right reasons. the only hate they have is the rags!

Keith Moon said:
Are Shanghai Shenhua, Thanda Royal Zulu, FC Moscow, Grasshoppers, Chonburi and Perth Glory still our partner clubs?

Yes i think so!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.