is there any friendship between city and another club

kippax88 said:
schalke 04 fans made us extremely welcome and had a great sing song with them in their supporters bar and they hate utd also :)

i was in that bar was awsome. were you on the coach with us lot and howard brown?

bluechris106 said:
I am sure we are liked with Glasgow Rangers and United are with Celtic!! There used to be scarves with both clubs on!

I remember this, as i had a wolly hat with City on one side and Rangers on the other, bought in the mid 80's, my mate had a rag/celtic one, dont know why this was but allways liked Rangers since.

Monkey Boy Blue said:
Martin MCFC UK said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Us fans seem to have struck up a good bond with the lads from Hamburg
hamburg also have a good friendship with my team rangers citys my 2nd team

Is there not some historical link between City and Rangers?
None whatsoever.

This all stemmed from the fact Celtic seemed to get on with United. That in itself may have stemmed from the fact that Busby claimed some years back United were a Catholic club - despite George Best being a Northern Irish Protestant!

Bottom line is, as per earlier post, any tie ups are purely at the behest of small groups of fans and not necessarily representative of the majority.

From my own viewpoint, I loathe Celtic and Rangers in equal measure.

I also have diffiuclty, with my limited intellect, understanding how you can support more than one team - particularly if City are one of them given the stress and aggrevation they put us through!

Toro !!!! For the obvious reasons

As stated earlier in this thread the friendship goes back quite a while. When I first went there I was amazes to see

a. A bunch of City fans on the number 4 tram on the way up to the game against Atalanta. They were from Lincolnshire and travelled over every year

b. Toro fans with City hats on

I have a flag with the Toro bull and the City crest on it and it has the logo underneath that says

"Manchester+Torino...Questro sono le NOSTRE Cittia"

This has been displayed on the Curva Maratona , home of Toro's Granata Korps Ultras.Nice guys who wouldnt let me pay for me beer !!

I've posted piccys on here before of this flag

theres a link with malaga a lot of ex pat blue go to there games and bring malaga fans over here for games[/quote]

Thats good for me then I might consider going to a few of their games cos I'm out that way quite alot. Always take city shirts etc to fuengirola which is quite near to malaga.

To be fair they've had a good season this time round in la liga.

ctid[/quote]

Get to a few games a season myself. I know it's not about City but anyone fresh from S.Africa or not going might want to take in The Peace Cup and watch Villa and Celtic get stuffed!

Group C fixtures
July 25th Malaga v Villa
July 27th Malaga v Celtic
July 29th Villa v Celtic
All games at the Rosaleda.
If Malaga win their group, they will stay in La Rosaleda for the semi-final om July 31st.

Try the site <a class="postlink" href="http://www.malagafootballenglish.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.malagafootballenglish.com/</a>

isgeorge said:
bluechris106 said:
I am sure we are liked with Glasgow Rangers and United are with Celtic!! There used to be scarves with both clubs on!

I remember this, as i had a wolly hat with City on one side and Rangers on the other, bought in the mid 80's, my mate had a rag/celtic one, dont know why this was but allways liked Rangers since.

I hope this isn't true as I always look out for Celtic due to my grandad, who's second team is Celtic, probably due to the catholic connection.

Plus rangers are linked with Chelsea who are mostly racist scum and rangers fans acted like proper animals when they were in our city so f**k them!

isgeorge said:
bluechris106 said:

They also sold City/Celtic hats at the souvenir shop. Never saw the point in either of them tbh.

nigel said:

As stated earlier in this thread the friendship goes back quite a while. When I first went there I was amazes to see

a. A bunch of City fans on the number 4 tram on the way up to the game against Atalanta. They were from Lincolnshire and travelled over every year

I have a flag with the Toro bull and the City crest on it and it has the logo underneath that says

This has been displayed on the Curva Maratona , home of Toro's Granata Korps Ultras.Nice guys who wouldnt let me pay for me beer !!

Sorry mate realise you've posted the pic before but I'd love to see it if you could post it again?

nigel said:

Do we really have a friendship with Torino!? What do they think to the decades of (our extremely sick and stupid fans [although i used to sing the songs when i was younger, but have grown up abit now and after watching the derby last year and realising how bad it was and finding out about Frank Swift(City legend) etc - i dont sing them anymore! and dont use the word!) taunting United about the Munich air disaster!? Because in 1949, after the club winning 4 consequetive league titles, their plane cracshed killing 31 people, inc 18 players!
Do you think we really have a link with them!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.