Is this wrong or right??

Wrong, not so much about missing the day off school work, you can get back that missed schooling easy enough if you have half a brain.

Imho, it's teaching the wrong values. The parent is saying it's OK to skive off school if you feel like it.

Maybe once in a blue moon (pun intended) it's OK but if it gets repeated several times then maybe the lad begins to think "I can skip school whenever i feel like it, Dad lets me skip for City games". That would definitely affect future schooling and potentially future jobs......

themadinventor said:
marco said:
Cheesy said:
I think it did do you harm. Your punctuation and grammar are terrible.

are you on the right forum matey this is football if you want to be a snob go elswhere

So are you saying a snob cant follow football or join a football forum and give his opinions, even if they do differ from your's ??

Edited to answer the O.P.
I think deep down you know he should be in school, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to ask the question in the first place.

i think my post must have wound you up not the spelling oh by the way are you an out of work traffic warden, your level of reply would indicate your in enforcement or have been in the past or just maybe your another wanabe

themadinventor said:
marco said:
Cheesy said:
I think it did do you harm. Your punctuation and grammar are terrible.

are you on the right forum matey this is football if you want to be a snob go elswhere

So are you saying a snob cant follow football or join a football forum and give his opinions, even if they do differ from your's ??

I think deep down you know he should be in school, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to ask the question in the first place.
no Mr madman,deep down in my heart i know its right that he should come,i only asked the question to create an internet football forum type discussion on 'taking 15 year olds out of school on educational field trips'.

salfordpaul said:
agreed unsworth....in order to fullfill this young mans education in life i suggest you take the following appropriate actions on the day:

take him to the old kent rd in a city top shouting at regulars of the Thomas a Beckitt.." do you want sam...?"

then a quick meal of jellied eels nearby

followed by a trip to the "queen anne " pub in Kennington (jack the ripper pub 24/7)

get him pissed and stumbling round highbury so he can see what it used to be like....furthermore hope arse do us 4-0...again so he knows what it used to be like!

wag school next day with a hangover and sore nose
Haha, you're always trying to get people to that pub with the 24/7 strippers on London trips. You must be on commission or something.

LongsightM13 said:
salfordpaul said:
agreed unsworth....in order to fullfill this young mans education in life i suggest you take the following appropriate actions on the day:

take him to the old kent rd in a city top shouting at regulars of the Thomas a Beckitt.." do you want sam...?"

followed by a trip to the "queen anne " pub in Kennington (jack the ripper pub 24/7)

get him pissed and stumbling round highbury so he can see what it used to be like....furthermore hope arse do us 4-0...again so he knows what it used to be like!

Haha, you're always trying to get people to that pub with the 24/7 strippers on London trips. You must be on commission or something.
haha,used to live in a squat in Elephant n Castle in 1990 whilst grafting in London,the Thomas a Beckett was just up the Old Kent Road from where we lived,a proper lively place that was,Millwalls 'manor'.fond memories of that place!

LongsightM13 said:
salfordpaul said:

hehe!! first time i went longsight was the 80's...walked in with a motley crew and was faced by an even motleyer crew!! and that was "the entertainment" it was like that bar in Star wars!! that'd give the lad his wings!! ;)

unsworthblue said:
themadinventor said:
marco said:

no Mr madman,deep down in my heart i know its right that he should come,i only asked the question to create an internet football forum type discussion on 'taking 15 year olds out of school on educational field trips'.

No need to resort to name calling, just because we don't agree, i thought you wanted to set up a "forum type discussion", different opinions etc, if not just call it "I'm keeping my lad off school to go to the match, like it or not".

It'll be right. Be a good experience for him and something he'll never forget.

But don't make a habit of it though. At 15 he's approaching an important time that will affect the rest of his life one way or another. Just remind him that if he wants to go to away games etc when he's left school, then he'll need the money to pay for himself, and these days the JSA just isn't enough!<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:01 pm --<br /><br />
themadinventor said:
unsworthblue said:
themadinventor said:

No need to resort to name calling, just because we don't agree, i thought you wanted to set up a "forum type discussion", different opinions etc, if not just call it "I'm keeping my lad off school to go to the match, like it or not".

Er... He's referring to your username.

1.618034 said:
It'll be right. Be a good experience for him and something he'll never forget.

But don't make a habit of it though. At 15 he's approaching an important time that will affect the rest of his life one way or another. Just remind him that if he wants to go to away games etc when he's left school, then he'll need the money to pay for himself, and these days the JSA just isn't enough!

-- Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:01 pm --

themadinventor said:
unsworthblue said:

Er... He's referring to your username.

believe it or not I got that , madman has a whole different meaning.

themadinventor said:
unsworthblue said:
themadinventor said:

'name calling' haha,he's not my lad by the way,its my nephew i'm talking about,if it was a regular occurance then i would say its wrong as education for children is very,very important but its just one day,he's a belting lad who isn't a scrote and has good values

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.