Isco

Re: Isco (Part 8 (weekend saga part 3))

grim up north said:
argyle said:
cityfan41 said:
Tolmie strings the audience along St Helens Blue.
I'm still not sure how ITK he really is, but he seems
to know a lot more than anybody else.

Don't know why people are blaming the ITK'ers, they aren't at fault for him not signing. Everyone thought he was signing for us. Plus the deal hasn't been done yet so there is always a chance, however unlikely that is right now.

Everyone?

Ok, most people. For weeks there were stories saying he will most likely be coming with Pellegrini.

SKY's transfer web page saying likely to be Madrid.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8790619/Transfer-news-Isco-admits-lure-of-Real-Madrid-amid-claims-he-has-rejected-Man-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... d-Man-City</a>

Text says:

Isco has admitted that the prospect of a move to Real Madrid is 'exciting' as Spanish reports claim he has rejected Manchester City to seal a move to Santiago Bernabeu.

Real and City have been leading the chase for the Spain international, who helped his country to European Under-21 Championship glory this summer.

Both teams have been locked in talks with Malaga, as Manuel Pellegrini looked to raid his old club for the brilliant young playmaker.

However, it now appears that Real Madrid, despite being without a coach, are set to win the race for his coveted signature.

Speaking to AS, Isco refused to confirm who he would be signing for but did say of Real: "Madrid excites me.

"They are one of the best teams in the world."

It is claimed that Madrid have agreed to a deal worth €30million (£25million), with the possibility of Denis Cheryshev joining Malaga.

As well as City, Isco is also reported to have shunned approaches from Monaco and Borussia Dortmund.

Betting suspended

Meanwhile, Sky Bet have suspended betting on Isco's next club after he was heavily backed to join Real.

The Malaga playmaker had been backed at as short as 1/2 to follow Pellegrini to the Etihad Stadium but the recent money has predominantly suggested he will sign for the Spanish giants.

The online bookmaker saw the Spaniard backed at as short as 1/8 to join Real Madrid before suspending betting.

Sky Bet Football Trader Chris Spicer said: "It has been a see-saw market with City and Real exchanging favouritism, but things have become very one-sided over the last 24 hours with the money and media implying he will sign at the Bernabeu.

"It also raises the question as to where City will turn next in the transfer market with Edinson Cavani, who had also been backed to arrive at the Etihad Stadium, also seemingly favouring a move to the Spanish capital."

argyle said:
cityfan41 said:

Don't know why people are blaming the ITK'ers, they aren't at fault for him not signing. Everyone thought he was signing for us. Plus the deal hasn't been done yet so there is always a chance, however unlikely that is right now.

Indeed. The vast majority on here post in good faith. We don't always agree with each other, but most are genuine posters.

Young Spanish player has his head turned by Real Madrid..it's not a massive surprise is it ?

As some have said earlier, we've got a great squad and there are plenty more fish in the sea.

Onwards and upwards :)

dancity19 said:
I guess the fact he appears to be an easier transfer is a reason people would be more disappointed. He seems very attainable, and we have his "footballing father" as manager.
Would Suarez, bale, even rues be better- probably yes, but nowhere near as achieve able (and of course we haven't been linked).

I guess it's the "so near but so far" feel about this that would disappoint so many.

I honestly don't know why people think that Isco is a winger. Anyone who's seen him play for Malaga or at the under 21's will know that he's no more a winger than Silva is.

For me alternatives to Isco are Thiago, Eriksen, Adam Maher, Marco Van Ginkel, etc. Not Reus, Bale, or Suarez.

argyle said:
grim up north said:
argyle said:

Everyone?

Ok, most people. For weeks there were stories saying he will most likely be coming with Pellegrini.

Most normal people rely on the OS for information on signings

Raggi01 said:
Saif1994 said:
Raggi01 said:
I wish :(
His whereabouts is not too far from mine though

?? What are you on about...
I live in Abu Dhabi, as does he...

Haha thats exactly what I found funny. That means everyone who lives in Abu Dhabi is not too far from Sheikh Mansour... :P

argyle said:
cityfan41 said:

Good god, THIS!

These deals are crazy and take all kinds of twists. An ITK could be 100% right and then 5 minutes later completely off the string through no fault of his own. IIRC Robinho was done to Chavski and actually said something about being happy to have signed there - AFTER we had officially inked it with his people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.