Isco

Guys I posted this before, Malaga's owner has confirmed Isco to Madrid on his twitter account.

kp789 said:
BringBackSwales said:
MihaiCity said:
read again not my comment on that but what i put from the OS about txiki not going back to get an alternative to isco...you think is a good deal that??? not having an alternative???

how the heck do you know that he has no alternative? We are hardly likely to be going after the alternative when we are still after the number 1 target - we are still in June FFS
We also do have Nasri!

personally I don't think the French surrender merchant can be depended upon, got the ability but no bottle!

charliebigspuds said:
kp789 said:
BringBackSwales said:
how the heck do you know that he has no alternative? We are hardly likely to be going after the alternative when we are still after the number 1 target - we are still in June FFS
We also do have Nasri!

personally I don't think the French surrender merchant can be depended upon, got the ability but no bottle!

I'd like to see what Pellegrini can do with Nasri before I write him off completely. I do not think that Mancini's management style suited Nasri at all. Like my Dad says, A pat on the back is better than a kick in the bollocks.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Chippy_boy said:
The Man With The Stick said:
Bang on post... Nice mate

No, not really.

Anyone in sales knows that you have to find your own unique USP's - unique sales proposition. What is it that differentiates you from your competitors. And you try to move the goalposts so that your potential buyer sees more value in these things than in other things that your competitor has.

Then there's another old saying in sales; "there's only 2 reasons for losing a sale - either you were outsold, or you should not have been bidding in the first place". Harsh, but true.

All of the above is relevant to the Isco saga.

Of course we can't match the history of Real Madrid, but we shouldn't try to. We have a different proposition. How many players - out of the countless hundreds who have played in title winning teams at Real are truly remembered? A handful. Winning is a tradition at Madrid, not an exception. If you want to go to a team, be brilliant and be ignored and forgotten there is no better place to go.

On the other hand, our "project" turning an ugly duckling CIty into a majestic swan City, on a par with Real, Barca, Bayern etc, dominating our domestic league and winning CL trophies too, is a fabulous prospect for the early joiners. To be worshipped by the fans, and by new fans all over the world. And to move to a new city, a new country, England - capital of the civilised world, at age 18. What a prospect. How many 18 year old cannot be sold on the opportunity to see the world, to experience life in other countries? Staying home is for old men.

Silva, Aguero, Navas - they have all seen this opportunity and decided to grab it with both hands.

The fact that we could not persuade Isco means we were outsold, or we should not have been persuing him in the first place. What on earth can Madrid and Zidane have possibly told him that he did not know already??? Nothing. If all they had to do was pick up the phone and he's there's we shouldn't have been chasing him, wasting our time and effort.

I don't think that analogy really works, we do have USP's and Ferran and Txiki are fully integrated into how the club is being run and the direction of the club and what we can offer. The market for footballers, for people as tradeable commodities is a lot different to selling inanimate objects. You have to analyse the person's feelings and thought patterns and judge whether it's going to work. It seemed encouraging until Madrid came in, and they have seemingly secured the deal with a great deal of effort by playing on the natural advantage(which does matter when dealing with humans) of their global appeal and their location relative to the player. We can counter that with guaranteed first team football and big status here but only if Madrid don't make the huge effort to persuade him they will match that, and ultimately if he succeeds at Madrid he will become a bigger star especially at home than he ever will do here, that's the way it goes. Therefore our meaningful sales advantage has gone, and the only reason we've been "outsold" is because of the history of the two clubs. You can then point to your second reason, but there was no indication before Madrid came in that this wasn't a viable deal, and when you've gone to the trouble of establishing contact and trying to do the deal you don't give up because a bigger competitor comes in late on.

It's not just a simple sales pitch when it comes to real people and involves issues such as relocation and new climates. When the product's are very similar it's a natural reaction to err on the side of caution.

All sales pitches involve real people ;-) Selling is a people thing.

But I accept there is an element of hindsight being 20:20 vision in what I said and in life you can't tell how things are going to pan out.

It's a lesson though, because however we got the end holds true. Either we were outsold - i.e. he could have come here if we had sold it better than Madrid did. Or no matter what we did, he would always have gone to Madrid when they decided they were interested. It's either one or the other.

Personally, I think it's the former. We should have wrapped the deal up weeks ago before his joining Madrid was even on the cards. And once they were involved, we should have tried harder. Lesson learned imho.

charliebigspuds said:
kp789 said:
BringBackSwales said:
We also do have Nasri!

disagree mate-Mancini didnt get anywhere near like out of him than what hes capable of

flb said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
flb said:
Its a tough one mate, Cavani seems overpriced, Id like to take a punt on Benteke but hes only really done it for one season at Villa, after that im struggling to see who.

Could do a lot worse than getting David Villa for a season or two.

Its a very very good shout to be fair,sure Tolm said his agent had been in touch but wanted massive wages-hes a player who doesnt need to rely on pace, hes lethal in and around the box-especially with the likes of Navas and Silva around him.

I agree but i'm not paying the wages. would be great for two seasons and would give us time to find a suitable replacement.

Say there are no more incomings and no more outgoings,
would people be happy that the current squad could compete
on all four fronts next season. I think yes.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
lost_n_spaced said:
Do any of you fucking wonder why I wouldn't give you the URL to the site where I was told that 'we'd be happy on Tuesday' ?

Bluemoon Transfer forum is THE place for childish bickering and, on the off chance that Isco has been taking English lessons in anticipation of coming, I hope to god that he hasn't stumbled onto this thread.

You can't post shit like this without explaining.
So basically what you are saying is that he is coming to City guaranteed and he has been learning English? oh and it will be concluded today??

I'm bookmarking this

Lost basically said yesterday that an ITK on another form (Blue Vibe I believe) had a text from an English city player saying they believed Isco was signing on Tuesday.

The info Lost gave was exciting but it got lost in the banter about him being a bit snobby that ensued.

By the way what has Bibby added to the mix this morning mate?

charliebigspuds said:

He's one in a long line of excellent wide players who think they have what it takes to play central midfield. Never good enough for that role. Needs 5 touches before moving off the spot. Slooooooooows play riiiiight down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.