Isco

Pellegrini59 said:
onceabluealways said:
MSP said:
Isco is obviously one that might be great for future and in that part I'd be delighted if he was signed.

I do, however, have problems with fact that nowadays players for the future are being priced as players for today. And if that is the reason why he is not coming (obviously with fact that Madrid are barely not attractive club to sign for) I'm fine with that.

ISCO is not a player for the future - he is good enough to play in most teams now - he is the star player for Malaga who got robbed against Dortmund in CL QF so is well capable of playing at the top level.

What he also has is the POTENTIAL to be one of the best players around on the planet.

This is exactly the same as Hazard - I'm not flapping but I believe these are both players that we could have bought and sold 3 / 4 years later and made money - IMHO we let both of these players slip through our fingers due to c*ck ups - Both should have been done and dusted before other clubs showed their hands. Thats if it was possible of course as i only have opinion not all the facts

That's not the way it works, though. You can't just sneak up and sign someone when nobodies looking. You have to go through the agents. The agent is usually the first person to ring Madrid et al and inform them that City have made a bid. This is to start a bidding war. The player and the agent always get a better deal from this, the more clubs that are interested the more cash gets thrown into the mix.

The only occasion when a club can snap up a player without competition is when the player's agent contacts the buying club direct and says he wants to sign for you. Everything else is a circus.

We have addressed two important areas of our squad, back up and competition for Yaya with Fernandinho and width/pace/delivery with Navas. Another season with Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Guidetti is hardly the end of the world, like!
It will be the end of the world if we dont get a world class striker. We missed out on Van persie and the Rags got the title. If AGAIN.... THE POWERS THAT BE DONT FUCKING WAKE UP AND SHAPE UP ,AND PAY UP, it will happen again and i can assure you it will feel like the end of the world.

PUTTYBLUE said:
Thought this was great from a Malaga Fan!

Man City Fans
From a Malaga fan.....

Hello! Greetings from Malaga! I support Malaga all my life, I go to many many games. Pellegrini is the BEST manager we have ever had. He is loved here. And I think you will love him also!

Isco is very good but not consistent over the length of a season. Isco will not win you the league. Do not worry. Let Isco go to Madrid and sit on their bench. David Silva under Pellegrini will be much better!

Good luck and best wishes from Malaga. Many here hope Man City win the league! I think you will! :D

Was posted on Facebook, sad if we didnt get Isco but life goes on.
I hope you passed on our your thanks

I think he's right about Isco's consistency. I watched Malaga's last 3 games and couldn't get why we were in for him. Then along came the U-21s

I don't think you can expect a player of his age to be consistent, but the point regarding next season is right. He wouldn't add much. It would be too soon.

Marvin said:
PUTTYBLUE said:

Man City Fans
From a Malaga fan.....

Hello! Greetings from Malaga! I support Malaga all my life, I go to many many games. Pellegrini is the BEST manager we have ever had. He is loved here. And I think you will love him also!

Isco is very good but not consistent over the length of a season. Isco will not win you the league. Do not worry. Let Isco go to Madrid and sit on their bench. David Silva under Pellegrini will be much better!

Good luck and best wishes from Malaga. Many here hope Man City win the league! I think you will! :D

I hope you passed on our your thanks

I think he's right about Isco's consistency. I watched Malaga's last 3 games and couldn't get why we were in for him. Then along came the U-21s

I don't think you can expect a player of his age to be consistent, but the point regarding next season is right. He wouldn't add much. It would be too soon.

So why the million posts on this thread then?

PUTTYBLUE said:

Man City Fans
From a Malaga fan.....

Thanks for posting the message Putty Blue :).

tijuana tev said:
Pellegrini59 said:
onceabluealways said:
ISCO is not a player for the future - he is good enough to play in most teams now - he is the star player for Malaga who got robbed against Dortmund in CL QF so is well capable of playing at the top level.

What he also has is the POTENTIAL to be one of the best players around on the planet.

This is exactly the same as Hazard - I'm not flapping but I believe these are both players that we could have bought and sold 3 / 4 years later and made money - IMHO we let both of these players slip through our fingers due to c*ck ups - Both should have been done and dusted before other clubs showed their hands. Thats if it was possible of course as i only have opinion not all the facts

That's not the way it works, though. You can't just sneak up and sign someone when nobodies looking. You have to go through the agents. The agent is usually the first person to ring Madrid et al and inform them that City have made a bid. This is to start a bidding war. The player and the agent always get a better deal from this, the more clubs that are interested the more cash gets thrown into the mix.

The only occasion when a club can snap up a player without competition is when the player's agent contacts the buying club direct and says he wants to sign for you. Everything else is a circus.

We have addressed two important areas of our squad, back up and competition for Yaya with Fernandinho and width/pace/delivery with Navas. Another season with Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Guidetti is hardly the end of the world, like!
It will be the end of the world if we dont get a world class striker. We missed out on Van persie and the Rags got the title. If AGAIN.... THE POWERS THAT BE DONT FUCKING WAKE UP AND SHAPE UP ,AND PAY UP, it will happen again and i can assure you it will feel like the end of the world.

Dickhead.

ancelotti has his press conference tomorrow doesn't he? I am pretty sure we will have a definative answer then.

If there is nothing on Isco in his presser... game on.

Bluemanc100 said:
failsworthblueboy said:
aguerooooo said:
why is the failure to capture isco considered to be about city not having matched Madrid for money can it not be isco just wants to sign for real , for their rich history and the fact that as it stands they are on another level to us

Mmmmmmm ?????

Could easily be a Moyes deserter

I was thinking exactly the same thing........ If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck

It's a duck.....

Only a fuckin idiot thinks that todays footballers sign for clubs because of their history... Money and possibility of future trophies are the two main reasons. What they did 25 years ago is fuck all.

With the Tevez sale saving us around £27m altogether, I see no reason not to fully go to war with Madrid now to get Isco. Kinda like in this clip:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlST4zwGbzE[/youtube]

(Madrid are the Romans, we're obviously the Celts. Oh, and thats Perez on the horse).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.