Isco

Re: 15.Co

Andouble said:
Graham Hunter's tweeted an Isco to City story "with substance", can anyone c&p? On mobile and sites not working
I'd love Isco here and Hunter is usually well connected.
Again though I wonder are we overstocked in that area unless someone leaves?

Andouble said:
Graham Hunter's tweeted an Isco to City story "with substance", can anyone c&p? On mobile and sites not working
There was some subscription thing you had to do to access the article, i couldn't be bothered, but the description said there was definite interest from our side. Sounds like it's not just speculative media reports, but that we're watching the situation closely.

Fudge_bunny_rules_disco_diva.gif

Deepest Blue said:
Andouble said:
I'd love Isco here and Hunter is usually well connected.
Again though I wonder are we overstocked in that area unless someone leaves?
Definitely not. I'd say we can use one more AM and Isco fits the bill perfectly.

I think we are definitely short a creative player at the moment and probably have one too many strikers. If either Nasri or Silva are unavailable then we have to change the way we play, but if we had Isco as well then we'd have a lot more options. Dzeko out, Isco in and I think our attacking options would look a lot more balanced

BigOscar said:
I think we are definitely short a creative player at the moment and probably have one too many strikers. If either Nasri or Silva are unavailable then we have to change the way we play, but if we had Isco as well then we'd have a lot more options. Dzeko out, Isco in and I think our attacking options would look a lot more balanced

This.

Im not sure we actually need 4 strikers, especially when we play against the bigger teams with 1 up front. We could easily just rotate the 3 strikers and easily fit in Isco. Our fast paced game is where were heading and im afraid Dzeko is too slow for it.

Manchester City is on the prowl for Isco. The English set-up is waiting to see what develops with the man from Malaga, who is at present having a rough time of it with Real Madrid. The European U-21 champion is being overlooked by Ancelotti when deciding on the starting XI, and he is understandably miffed.
Despite the bright constellation of super-stars that City has at its disposal, Txiki Begiristain and Ferrán Soriano are still interested in the player, whose signing was the number one priority for Manuel Pellegrini last summer. A hostile attempt is out of the question, as the two clubs have excellent relationships, but if the player made a move of his own, he would be received with open arms at the Etihad. And being, City, money would not pose much of a problem.
Pellegrini this week let MARCA know that he still has eyes for the Spaniard: "I would have liked to have him. It would have been very important for him", he assured. At the Mancunian club, they are still kicking themselves for how they let the young talent slip through their fingers last summer. And City is not the only player out to sign him.
Milan has also expressed an interest in the player. The youngster has clearly grown as a player this season, but running into the decisive last stretch of the season, it doesn't look like he has much of a chance of being chosen as a starter for any of the big games.

Read more: City is coming for Isco - MARCA.com (English version)

Isco would give us another playmaker option (if Nasri/Silva not playing) and would be for the future but I think he'd experience here what he is at the moment in Madrid, not much game time. In the summer I thought he'd replace Nasri but Nasri has proven this season he can be an important player

We really only have 3 out and out CF's Jovetic is comfortable playing in a number of positions. Think we are in the position of selling before we buy due to our squad size. Think if Lescott goes we will sign a CB as cover or give Rekik a shout plus due to Rodwells fitness issues we may need a CM as cover. Cant see a player in the Isco mould being a priority for us. If he really is available which I doubt he has played in over 30 games this season I defiantly think we would check him out cause Manny is such a huge admirer of his talent but the price would need to be right to make the deal happen. If we are bring anyone for Real in I hope it would be Varane he isn't first choice at the minute has huge potential and can cover in CM.

I don't think he would sit on the bench. Even if Nasri and Silva are our starting players, he'd still be rotated in and out of the team, so all 3 of them would probably play 2/3rds of our games. Pellegrini also loves him and trusts him and we've seen just how much that means to Pellegrini this year with MDM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.