Isco

I'd take him anyday, people can say he burnt bridges or whatever.. it's difficult for any kid to turn down Real Madrid.

I hope we get him, MP was a massive part of making him the player he is, I think with more work he could be one of the best in the world.

Fingers crossed.

Tbilisi said:
Worst Case Ontario said:
Don't need him, don't want him, he's slow as fuck and traitorous little woman

Burnt his bridges,will be amazed if it happens
Burnt his bridges?
Why? Because the greatest midfielder of all time told him how much he personally wanted him to join the biggest and most famous club in world football, in one of the best cities in the world, in his home nation, for more money, and a huge lump sum for his family.

What a bastard.

chris85mcfc said:
bluechampion7891 said:
chris85mcfc said:
Que? Both play in totally different positions

madrid play 433 and Isco is a #10. He has to adapt his game to play as one of the midfield 3. Tell me, how can he get ahead of Kroos, Modric for CM, out wide they have Bale, Ronaldo and Jese. Di Maria too if he stays

I would have thought Kroos would be signed to replace Alonso who has probably only got another season left at the top level, he looked way off the pace in the World Cup.

Isco has never held a place down in Madrid's team and certainly wasn't signed to play in the midfield 3 so the signing of Kroos won't be to push him out. If they are selling Isco it won't be because they have signed Kroos, it will be more likely be because he simply doesn't fit into their team.

And for what its worth, i don't think Madrid play a 4-3-3. If anything it is more of a 4-2-3-1 with Modric and Alonso playing in front of the back 4. Di Maria, Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema as the front 4, none of them really hold their position.

In the games Isco played he played as one of the 2 attacking midfielders. Played the position DiMaria played when he wasn't playing or was being used as a winger on the right. Madrid seemed to play 4-2-3-1 when both Alonso and Khedera were fit and 4-3-3 when 1 was out. They are going to be interesting because Alonso can't play as a single pivot anymore so if Khedera leaves I guess Illianamendi will play unless they are going to just avoid defending all together and play Kroos with him which would be suicide since Kroos doesn't defend. People slag off Yaya for not tracking back but Kroos makes Yaya look like Zab.

I'm not going to hold Isco wanting to play for Madrid, the biggest club in his home country. Too many of these young guys overestimate themselves and underestimate just how hard it is to get into the starting 11 of a club that buys 50m players as often as most change their pants. Would be brilliant to get him on a loan and then buy him next summer when the transfer cap is gone. Can't have enough young dynamic players who can play in multiple positions and has UCL experience to boot.

Mr. Aguia said:
chris85mcfc said:
bluechampion7891 said:
madrid play 433 and Isco is a #10. He has to adapt his game to play as one of the midfield 3. Tell me, how can he get ahead of Kroos, Modric for CM, out wide they have Bale, Ronaldo and Jese. Di Maria too if he stays

I would have thought Kroos would be signed to replace Alonso who has probably only got another season left at the top level, he looked way off the pace in the World Cup.

Isco has never held a place down in Madrid's team and certainly wasn't signed to play in the midfield 3 so the signing of Kroos won't be to push him out. If they are selling Isco it won't be because they have signed Kroos, it will be more likely be because he simply doesn't fit into their team.

And for what its worth, i don't think Madrid play a 4-3-3. If anything it is more of a 4-2-3-1 with Modric and Alonso playing in front of the back 4. Di Maria, Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema as the front 4, none of them really hold their position.

In the games Isco played he played as one of the 2 attacking midfielders. Played the position DiMaria played when he wasn't playing or was being used as a winger on the right. Madrid seemed to play 4-2-3-1 when both Alonso and Khedera were fit and 4-3-3 when 1 was out. They are going to be interesting because Alonso can't play as a single pivot anymore so if Khedera leaves I guess Illianamendi will play unless they are going to just avoid defending all together and play Kroos with him which would be suicide since Kroos doesn't defend. People slag off Yaya for not tracking back but Kroos makes Yaya look like Zab.

I'm not going to hold Isco wanting to play for Madrid, the biggest club in his home country. Too many of these young guys overestimate themselves and underestimate just how hard it is to get into the starting 11 of a club that buys 50m players as often as most change their pants. Would be brilliant to get him on a loan and then buy him next summer when the transfer cap is gone. Can't have enough young dynamic players who can play in multiple positions and has UCL experience to boot.

I agree mate.

If we bring Isco then we are looking at having him, Jovetic, Lopes, Mangala and Rekik looking like definite future players for our next generation squad.

Hopefully some other academy lads can push through as well.

Worst Case Ontario said:
Don't need him, don't want him, he's slow as fuck and traitorous little woman

I don't know if he can cope well here and in the PL.

It was a big mistake on his part to go to Madrid for sure. I feel in a way sorry for him because of his naivety, although he knew about Real Madrid and how callous they were - they see players purely as goods. Within a year of getting Isco they are now on the verge of getting James and eager to sell Isco or loan him out.

richball_PF55 said:
I'd take him anyday, people can say he burnt bridges or whatever.. it's difficult for any kid to turn down Real Madrid.

hope we get him, MP was a massive part of making him the player he is, I think with more work he could be one of the best in the world.

Fingers crossed.

I'm the same. People need to get off their high horse and think about what's best for the club at Malaga under Manuel's guidance he helped transform him into one of Europe's hottest prospects. He's still young and just because he chose the worlds most prestigious club over us, we're going to get our knickers in a twist about it? Sorry but the option of "fucking him off" and allowing him to slip through our grasps to go to a rival club out of principle just doesn't appeal to me. Can't see us securing his signature this summer but a loan deal with the option to buy in January would be perfect in my eyes.

yatesy94 said:
richball_PF55 said:

hope we get him, MP was a massive part of making him the player he is, I think with more work he could be one of the best in the world.

Fingers crossed.

I'm the same. People need to get off their high horse and think about what's best for the club at Malaga under Manuel's guidance he helped transform him into one of Europe's hottest prospects. He's still young and just because he chose the worlds most prestigious club over us, we're going to get our knickers in a twist about it? Sorry but the option of "fucking him off" and allowing him to slip through our grasps to go to a rival club out of principle just doesn't appeal to me. Can't see us securing his signature this summer but a loan deal with the option to buy in January would be perfect in my eyes.

Why do we need him now, at this particular moment?
Are we looking for a #10?

If I remember correctly, Graham Hunter said the reason why City didn't get Isco was because the club didn't believe that Isco was valued at the price Real Madrid were willing to pay for him and therefore Malaga sold to the highest bidder.

His agent was or is his Father isn't he? I think he wanted a big fee if I remember correctly as well.

I think if he is on the market then Pellegrini will want him, either way if he is available on loan and we let him go to Liverpool we are fools if you ask me.

Isco could take a lot of weight of Silva's shoulders and in the long term we will have Isco as a successor to Silva.

cordonbleu said:
yatesy94 said:
richball_PF55 said:

Fingers crossed.

Why do we need him now, at this particular moment?
Are we looking for a #10?
As previously said, creativity pure and simple. Watch any match where either Nasri or Silva (and even worse, both) are missing and too often we've had to grind results out. That's maybe a bit overstated but regardless, we don't look as likely without them. And Silva needs rotation, his dodgy ankle(s) aren't getting any better with age and need to look to the future. That said a fit Jovetic would help enormously but all 4 would be awesome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.