Isco

Saif1994 said:
sam-caddick said:
Saif1994 said:
Isco insists he will not be rushed into a decision about where he will ply his trade next season, but admits he would be happy to still be under the orders of Pellegrini.

"He's been my footballing father and I know that he likes me and, for me, of course I would like to continue with him because he's given me all the confidence in the world."
Isco
"He's been my footballing father and I know that he likes me and, for me, of course I would like to continue with him because he's given me all the confidence in the world," he told reporters after joining up with the Spain Under-21 squad on Monday.

On the subject of which club he might move to, Isco says the key thing for him is the amount of time he gets on the pitch.

He said: "It's a very important decision for me and I don't want to get it wrong.

"I have doubts because I want to play, wherever it is, and that's the most important thing. I don't want to regret it after not getting many minutes."

He added: "I'm not closing my door to anyone but my priority is to play and I don't want to be on the bench. We'll see what happens in the summer."

The latest quotes not only show that he is interested in a City move, but also that it is unlikely he will go to madrid unless they offer him a clause in his contract that guarantees a first team place. Seems unlikely with Ozil, Cristiano, Modric, Di Maria and Kaka all fighting for 3 spots.

Maybe, but whatever top team he ends up at he will have to rotate.

He won't play every week with us.

That is true, but if he does come here he will only be competing with Silva, Nasri and Milner to some extent. Yaya plays as a defensive mid. Isco likes to predominantly play on the left, and at Real Madrid we all know who occupies that spot, whereas at City its Nasri who can't play every game. If we miss out on Isco for some bizarre reason we'll have to make Pellegrini work his magic on Denis Suarez who turns 20 next year.

Exactly and all four of those, were either injured at some point, or fell out of form and in Silva's case simply overplayed. He will be an asset allows us to bring some game changers of the bench when we need to.

Saif1994 said:
LoveCity said:
Isco was in Valencia's B team when Pellegrini signed him. Pellegrini seems to have the Midas touch, not just Isco but a load of big club rejects like Santa Cruz, Baptista, and Saviola played really well for him. Will definitely be interesting to see if he identifies any of our kids as good enough to 'do an Isco'.

+1

John Guidetti will get his chance, im sure txiki already knows what he is all about and can do.

Plain Speaking said:
There cant be a better vote of confidence for Isco that Pelligini intends to play him than asking him to join his new club. With so many Spanish speakers Isco will quickly feel at home ;-)

Spot on, this will probably be pelegrini first man management task? Can he pursuade isco to join him at city rather than join the joint biggest club in Spain / world football.

These type of players are priceless for managers as isco will tell all the other city players how good a coach pellegrini is.
Assuming he signs of course.

MSP said:
Neville Kneville said:
MSP said:
I'm keen for City selling Tevez anyway but with Isco that feeling would just be stronger.

I'm not really in "he gives it all and runs all the time" stuff, I don't care about that if there's no final product.

Tevez indeed runs all the time and gives all he can but he doesn't offer enough for position he is taking and often slows down the attacking part or picks wrong, often very selfish solutions. He is in decline as much as lot of people here don't want to see that.

Both Nasri and Isco could play his role and in my opinion both would be better.

No final product ? What a load of absolute bollocks.

Sure he makes the wrong decision sometimes but no way does he waste as many positions as Aguero or Dzeko.

Last time I looked he was top of assists & close to top scorer.

How many times do Silva & Nasri thread a shitty, hopeful pass through a packed penalty area & give the ball away ? But that's better than Tevez having a shot instead ? Bollocks.

If you don't like the geezer, fair enough, but that's just nonsense.

Nothing with liking or not, forgot his Munich part somehow though I certainly wanted him out back then.

Yep, no final product. He made his stats to look good near the end of the season with 4-5 goals in CUp and few in the league, couldn't score to save his life before that. Most of his assists came when he would be forced wide, he is to busy to pass the ball when there's 1% chance to do something on his own. Broke zillion attacks and momentums trying to do such stuff.

Carlos obviously is or maybe was the world class player but if you can't see that he is in decline and not as sharp as he was before and as such not worth to be paid that amount of money in wages it's up to you. I never thought my opinion about him will be cheered by everybody, I know very well what lot of people think here about his football but that certainly doesn't mean I have to agree with it ;)

I never said anything about Silva, he had pretty average season too but if I go with it it might cause more angry responses and I need coffee right now, not arguing about football :).
got to say that i feel that Tevez is one of our very best players ever, never mind in this squad, his movement and intelligence is far better than others, no-one else in the squad could play his role as playmaker/striker and 17 goals/10 assists is a good season by anyones standards in that role

coulsonblue said:
please. stop with the guidetti nonsense. he's shit. end of
The best thing for Guidetti would be a PL loan? As Chelsea did with Lukaku, he needs regular games at a high level to prove his calibre.

Isco: Pellegrini's offered me the chance to join him at City... but Real Madrid are also in the running

source:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2331628/Manchester-City-Manuel-Pellegrini-offer-says-Malagas-Isco.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Isco.html</a>

hope he will be our first signing alongside pelle ISA :)

coulsonblue said:
Please. stop with your constant bashing of City players.

Starting to question your allegiances mate.

coulsonblue said:
certainly not fair to say he's shit, but this injury/illness this year has definitely set him back. He will not be at the club next season - probably out on loan is most likely imo. Then if he is still capable of scoring 20 odd goals in a season, they he will be promoted to the first team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.