Isco

They seem very positive comments from Isco which is great

For me, if he signs it should be nasri and milner that could be sacrificed (and I like both players and would keep them both)......Those talking of sacrificing Tevez for Isco though clearly need to look again.

If Tevez wants to go/wont sign a contract extension then fine (but every effort should be made to keep him).

However if he will stay another year or two then he has to be kept for a number of reasons

Firstly he has proven time and time again that he is a world class player who can perform at the very highest of levels in all competitions and especially in the premiership. Last year he was the best of our attacking players. He didnt score as many because he was plying a lot deeper but he creatred an awful lot and constantly made things happen. He is the only one of our forwards that looks like he can change a game when things arent going our way.

The other reasons we should keep him and sacrifice others are:

MIlner - as mucha s I love his work ethic and commitment, he just doesnt create or score that many......in fact he is extremely frustrating as he gets into great positions but his crossing/final ball is woeful a lot of the time.........defensively great, work rate fantastic and team ethic all wonderful......creativitiy is poor.

Nasri - I supported NAsri when many were calling for him but he is inconsistent, and he needs to address this; but Id keep him without a doubt

Isco himself - we are talking about this lad as though he is already proven...he is far from that....many good players have come to the prem and not been able to adapt.....we just dont know how he will fair.....He looks hugely talented but there are no guarnatees that he will be able to re produce it here, and he is young and it could take him time to adapt...that extra year or so on tevez's cntract would give him time to adapt and take the pressure off a very young player.

I just dont get why people are on one hand trying to improve our team by buying Isco and then significantly weaken it by selling tevez.....Its a squad game and both Tevez and isco can be a part of it...especially if you want to compete on all fronts

The report I read is, alas, from the Daily Mail but it does use direct quotes from the lad. These are very interesting indeed. He tells us that, "There is an offer from Manchester City" and continues a few sentences later to say "I know Pellegrini likes me. He told me and I'm proud that he wants me.. The only conclusion from what the lad says is that accepting the City offer would be the way to continue playing for Pellegrini. Some agreement between City and Pellegrini would appear very close if not actually signed, and was agreed long enough ago for the future to have been discussed with Isco! Isco certainly seems more than keen to continue his association with Pellegrini and will, I think, sign soon after the manager. Presumably, as some have pointed out, unlikely that Pellegrini is keen to bring one of Spain's brightest young prospects to Manchester to sit on the bench, and so someone else will have to make way. Pellegrini may, or may not, know who that is.

If he has the man management skills that our owner believes he has adding Isco to the squad will not cause a problem. I don't believe any player at City would for one moment believe they had a right to play every man over a season it is how you inform players and maybe tell them why they are not starting and why you have subbed them in particular games which may count.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.