Isco

sam-caddick said:
Pellegrini is still contracted to Malaga right? That's why we are paying compensation for him and he had to get permission to talk to us?

Well surely if we're going for Isco Txiki will be trying to get both deals sealed from Malaga?

I have a feeling if we are signing Isco that we are going to announce them as a pair, either us or Malaga will.

What a great feeling that would be.

I don't think we ae paying malaga any compensation. He did a deal with them to leave with no compensation.

I thinkwe willwait until the mourinho hype dies down to announce pele

lmjones1uk said:
msl said:
So Navas has been confirmed and the Fernandinho deal is apparently done. I can't honestly say that I've seen too much of Isco, but SURELY some players have to make way to accommodate this guy if we've already added 2 attacking midfielders to the squad.

Again, this is not a 'why do we need another xxx' thread, as from what I hear, Isco is a top player, but we bleat on about consistency within the camp and it just seems to me that we're adding 3 midfielders to the club when in reality there are only a limited number of places with Yaya, Silva, Barry, Milner, Rodwell, Garcia, Nasri already competing - is this not going to breed petulance and discontent at lack of playing time at some point?

It pains me to say it but United have got it right with a balance of 'stars' and 'support' players in the past...I'm not a huge fan of Cleverly, Carrick, etc but they know their place. No egos you're almost guaranteed that they won't moan and bring disharmony into the squad if they don't play. Brought in by from lesser teams and can't believe their luck when one of the top 4 comes in for them.

I get the feeling that by adding more and more and more 'stars' to a competitive squad, at some point there's going to be some backfire and what looks like a world beating squad on paper won't be performing optimally on the pitch.

Hopefully Pelligrini has the masterplan to get around this.

*gets tin hat*...

I think this is a very good point, for every Yaya you need a Zabaleta

Exactly my point mate.

Surely some have to go. If it was my call I'd prefer Garcia and Nasri to go. Perhaps Barry has only got another 12/18 months left at this level? Perhaps we'll use Yaya more sparingly so he's firing on all cylinders for the big games? I don't know.

Hopefully this won't be a 'transition' year (I f'ing despise the use of this word in football!) where we have to blend the squad together due to all the new faces and personalities.

117 M34 said:
sam-caddick said:
Pellegrini is still contracted to Malaga right? That's why we are paying compensation for him and he had to get permission to talk to us?

Well surely if we're going for Isco Txiki will be trying to get both deals sealed from Malaga?

I have a feeling if we are signing Isco that we are going to announce them as a pair, either us or Malaga will.

What a great feeling that would be.

I don't think we ae paying malaga any compensation. He did a deal with them to leave with no compensation.

I thinkwe willwait until the mourinho hype dies down to announce pele
Yes they owe him about 18 months in wages so they deferred it for no compensation

msl said:
lmjones1uk said:
msl said:
So Navas has been confirmed and the Fernandinho deal is apparently done. I can't honestly say that I've seen too much of Isco, but SURELY some players have to make way to accommodate this guy if we've already added 2 attacking midfielders to the squad.

Again, this is not a 'why do we need another xxx' thread, as from what I hear, Isco is a top player, but we bleat on about consistency within the camp and it just seems to me that we're adding 3 midfielders to the club when in reality there are only a limited number of places with Yaya, Silva, Barry, Milner, Rodwell, Garcia, Nasri already competing - is this not going to breed petulance and discontent at lack of playing time at some point?

It pains me to say it but United have got it right with a balance of 'stars' and 'support' players in the past...I'm not a huge fan of Cleverly, Carrick, etc but they know their place. No egos you're almost guaranteed that they won't moan and bring disharmony into the squad if they don't play. Brought in by from lesser teams and can't believe their luck when one of the top 4 comes in for them.

I get the feeling that by adding more and more and more 'stars' to a competitive squad, at some point there's going to be some backfire and what looks like a world beating squad on paper won't be performing optimally on the pitch.

Hopefully Pelligrini has the masterplan to get around this.

*gets tin hat*...

I think this is a very good point, for every Yaya you need a Zabaleta

Exactly my point mate.

Surely some have to go. If it was my call I'd prefer Garcia and Nasri to go. Perhaps Barry has only got another 12/18 months left at this level? Perhaps we'll use Yaya more sparingly so he's firing on all cylinders for the big games? I don't know.

Hopefully this won't be a 'transition' year (I f'ing despise the use of this word in football!) where we have to blend the squad together due to all the new faces and personalities.

If anything, I'd say that last season was our transition season.

Confidence in the manager was clearly gone from an early stage and the decision was made to change him and numerous other backroom staff. The players look re-invigorated (which is the most important aspect), new manager should be in place early, along with some top quality signings, so there should be sufficient time for everything to gel before it all kicks off again next season.

I think we will come out all guns blazin' come August.

I wouldn't call Isco, Fernandinho stars... very talented, good players yes... stars? Not quite.... Isco might become one.

Same with Navas... again, great player, but not really a star.

Blue_Rossy said:
Who would you call stars? Messi, Ronaldo etc are stars. Isco, navas etc are top notch quality players, that would get in any Prem side.
Think Aguero was the last player with real 'star' quality to come to the Premier League. Possibly Hazard given the saga.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.