Isco

alky313 said:
LoveCity said:
ayrshire_blue said:
Mark Ogden running the story in the telegraph today that Isco will be our top summer target as we are unlikely to spend in January.

I don't understand this thinking if it's true, which I have my doubts of. It's simple - if we have a target and he's available now, allocate some of the summer budget to January and spend it then instead of summer. This is what Barcelona did to get Sanchez before us (and Fabregas in the same window), they used almost two summer's worth of money right then and spent little the year later (just Jordi Alba for a cut price).

If it's left till summer he might have signed a new contract with increased buy-out by then.

Your statement is riddled with falsehoods LoveCity, I'm surprised.

Barcelona purchased both Alexis Sanchez and Cesc Fabregas in the summer where we lost the inevitable "bidding war" for a player we likely were never going to land. Fabregas was purchased with cash set aside for his transfer over 2-3 years. In th following summer window, Barcelona also purchased Alex Song along with Jordi Alba for a net spend closer to 30-40m in the same summer window.

They rarely purchase in the winter time.

I think all he meant was they used earmarked funds for the following summer in one summer window to get both Alexis and Fabregas, otherwise it would have just been Cesc. Hes just suggesting that if we're so sure we'll buy him in summer, why not use that money to just get him in Jan and save the drama. Means we'd finally buy a player who can have a proper preseason too.

Regarding the funds, did Platini ever opened his mouth and criticized PSG for their spending ?

alky313 said:
LoveCity said:
ayrshire_blue said:
Mark Ogden running the story in the telegraph today that Isco will be our top summer target as we are unlikely to spend in January.

I don't understand this thinking if it's true, which I have my doubts of. It's simple - if we have a target and he's available now, allocate some of the summer budget to January and spend it then instead of summer. This is what Barcelona did to get Sanchez before us (and Fabregas in the same window), they used almost two summer's worth of money right then and spent little the year later (just Jordi Alba for a cut price).

If it's left till summer he might have signed a new contract with increased buy-out by then.

Your statement is riddled with falsehoods LoveCity, I'm surprised.

Barcelona purchased both Alexis Sanchez and Cesc Fabregas in the summer where we lost the inevitable "bidding war" for a player we likely were never going to land. Fabregas was purchased with cash set aside for his transfer over 2-3 years. In th following summer window, Barcelona also purchased Alex Song along with Jordi Alba for a net spend closer to 30-40m in the same summer window.

They rarely purchase in the winter time.

Read adrianr's reply as it saves me a lot of typing. It was well documented that Barca surpassed their transfer budget to get both players which meant less funds a year later (they wanted Thiago Silva as well as Alba but couldn't afford him). Quotes from Javier Faus:

"Last year we surpassed our transfer budget with the signings of Cesc Fabregas and Alexis Sanchez."

"We cannot overspend our budget by €20 or 30 million each year. It would put our business plan at risk. It would not be sustainable."

"The club needs to be cautious if it is to be able to take on ambitious future projects. We have to look to the medium and long-term stability of the club. Rational and austere measures need to be applied in order to secure a positive balance sheet."

"The club must reduce the debt to sustainable levels and, above all, not take on more debt. We have to prepare for what could happen in the near future and have stronger assets. For ambitious real-estate projects, we need a healthy balance sheet."

Malaga insist highly-coveted youngster Isco, who is wanted by Manchester United and Manchester City, is on course to sign a new long-term deal at the Spanish club.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham have also been keeping tabs on the 20-year-old, who has shot to stardom since joining Malaga last year.

The Spain Under-21 international has sparkled during his debut campaign in the Champions League this season and Malaga sporting director Mario Husillos feels the player is keen to continue his progress in Spain.

Speaking to Malaga Hoy, Husillos said: "Talks for renewal [of his contract] are still on track.

"The boy wants to stay at the club because it is clear that this is best for his development. Isco is intelligent and young and hasn't played that many La Liga matches."

Husillos also believes Isco will be more likely to move to Barcelona or Real Madrid than the Premier League if he leaves Malaga.

He added: "He will soon be in the Spanish national team and that will be the ideal time to exit. If in two or three years Real Madrid or Barcelona show their interest we will all understand that this is a step forward."

LoveCity said:
Malaga insist highly-coveted youngster Isco, who is wanted by Manchester United and Manchester City, is on course to sign a new long-term deal at the Spanish club.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham have also been keeping tabs on the 20-year-old, who has shot to stardom since joining Malaga last year.

The Spain Under-21 international has sparkled during his debut campaign in the Champions League this season and Malaga sporting director Mario Husillos feels the player is keen to continue his progress in Spain.

Speaking to Malaga Hoy, Husillos said: "Talks for renewal [of his contract] are still on track.

"The boy wants to stay at the club because it is clear that this is best for his development. Isco is intelligent and young and hasn't played that many La Liga matches."

Husillos also believes Isco will be more likely to move to Barcelona or Real Madrid than the Premier League if he leaves Malaga.

He added: "He will soon be in the Spanish national team and that will be the ideal time to exit. If in two or three years Real Madrid or Barcelona show their interest we will all understand that this is a step forward."

Hmmm, David needs to have a word maybe<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:

Hmmm, David needs to have a word maybe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.