Isco

Cobwebcat said:
Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:
Well that's your like of faith in me and isn't my problem I'm afraid. You have made a generalisation and an assumption both of which are incorrect.

If you can be bothered and look at my previous posts both on Mancini and my general dislike of Bluemoaners you will see you are far from correct.

I know however that it's only a matter of time before you apologise though so I won't be too hard on you.

Ole!

I will apologise in advance if I have misjudged your motives, but that won't change the fact that your initial conditions for judging Pellegrini's ability as a 'man manager' are grossly unfair.

Well at least that's much more civil and I appreciate that. I think the decision to appoint Pelle is a good one as, even as a Mancini fan, I can see his time had come to an end.

Again, whether Pelle helps bring Isco to city or not he has my full support and admiration for his past achievements and style of play.

Where we differ is that I do not think it unreasonable to think Pelle can play a significant part in bringing Isco to City and that if he doesn't it is not as good as if he does. Pelle will be tested on many fronts and I see this as his first task. I will certainly not be one of those waiting for him to fail.

Whatever Pellegrini says to Isco, it will make no difference if Real Madrid can convince him of the same. It will become a simple choice of Real Madrid v City, under the same conditions. He is Spanish, he will go to Real Madrid.

We have to hope that either Real are not as serious as we are about signing him or that he doesn't believe he will get enough games. Pellegrini will have no trouble whatsoever selling City to him, indeed he's probably done it already.

The problem is Real Madrid.

Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:
Neville Kneville said:
I will apologise in advance if I have misjudged your motives, but that won't change the fact that your initial conditions for judging Pellegrini's ability as a 'man manager' are grossly unfair.

Well at least that's much more civil and I appreciate that. I think the decision to appoint Pelle is a good one as, even as a Mancini fan, I can see his time had come to an end.

Again, whether Pelle helps bring Isco to city or not he has my full support and admiration for his past achievements and style of play.

Where we differ is that I do not think it unreasonable to think Pelle can play a significant part in bringing Isco to City and that if he doesn't it is not as good as if he does. Pelle will be tested on many fronts and I see this as his first task. I will certainly not be one of those waiting for him to fail.

Whatever Pellegrini says to Isco, it will make no difference if Real Madrid can convince him of the same. It will become a simple choice of Real Madrid v City, under the same conditions. He is Spanish, he will go to Real Madrid.

We have to hope that either Real are not as serious as we are about signing him or that he doesn't believe he will get enough games. Pellegrini will have no trouble whatsoever selling City to him, indeed he's probably done it already.

While Real Madrid pose a significant threat I disagree with some of your points.

"Whatever Pellegrini says to Isco will make no difference" I can't see that. If he says, for example, I will make you an integral part of the team and continue to help you to improve, that would be better than come to city if you like. I'm sure he has already done the former as you suggest.

"He is Spanish he will go to Real Madrid" there are plenty of Spanish players in The Premiership and I think I can remember Silva saying Real Madrid wanting him but he chose City. Isco may also consider that he will get more playing time with City than at RM as you also point out and that we have a manager he regards as a father figure.

I think Pelle can make the difference. It's not a question of judging Pelle more that I have faith in him and his relationship with Isco to outweigh even serious interest from RM. Of course I could be wrong but I think Isco will come here and that Pelle will play a large part in that and that Isco will say as much himself when he gets here.

Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:
Neville Kneville said:

I don't think real have a cat in hells chance of signing him, he's city bound of that I'm sure.

Real are a pain in the arse at the moment. With them not having appointed a manager, or made any moves in the market, or sorted Tranny out, it means they are just fishing with all the best players and keeping their options open. Can't blame them but I wish they'd hurry up. It would be ideal for us if they went for Bale and Suarez.

FantasyIreland said:
Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:
Pelligrini's first task will be to persuade Isco to come to us. I would expect him to succeed as he is famed for his man management skills and is a reason we brought him in. If he fails to bring in a player he is closer to than just about any other, it would not be an impressive start.

I have faith in Pelligrini and that he will do his job well.

Utter fucking bollocks.

It won't be Pellegrini's fault if Isco goes to Real Madrid anymore than it was Ferguson's fault Ronaldo went there.

I agree.

The very fact we are in the race,and probably still leading it...... is a huge testament to Pelle's pulling powers and management ability.
I doubt very much Isco would be still considering us,over Madrid or Barca,if any one different was our manager.

If he does end up choosing Madrid over us,which must be hugely tempting for any player,let alone the next Spanish superstar,I cant say I would be hugely surprised or disappointed and,certainly,that will not be a benchmark in which to judge Pellegrini's ability to manage.

Id be disappointed if he ended up at Madrid because we wouldn't match their terms, which according to Graham Hunter is the only stumbling block.

Decc66 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Neville Kneville said:
Utter fucking bollocks.

It won't be Pellegrini's fault if Isco goes to Real Madrid anymore than it was Ferguson's fault Ronaldo went there.

I agree.

The very fact we are in the race,and probably still leading it...... is a huge testament to Pelle's pulling powers and management ability.
I doubt very much Isco would be still considering us,over Madrid or Barca,if any one different was our manager.

If he does end up choosing Madrid over us,which must be hugely tempting for any player,let alone the next Spanish superstar,I cant say I would be hugely surprised or disappointed and,certainly,that will not be a benchmark in which to judge Pellegrini's ability to manage.

Id be disappointed if he ended up at Madrid because we wouldn't match their terms, which according to Graham Hunter is the only stumbling block.

and who do you think has told Graham Hunter this, I mean really, who? These fuckers have to make shit up to get noticed

mcfc2607 said:
i assume hunter means Malaga's terms not Isco's.

No I think he was referring to Isco's terms but I really don't think a third party would know, but I can see that a third party might want to pretend to be in the know

BringBackSwales said:
mcfc2607 said:

No I think he was referring to Isco's terms but I really don't think a third party would know, but I can see that a third party might want to pretend to be in the know

I'm with mcfc on this and think Hunter is referring to Malaga's terms. Chris Bailey on twitter said that Malaga had asked for an extra 5m on the original agreed fee. I think it's just Malaga trying to squeeze us for a couple more quid and expect us to stay with the original valuation of the player. I'm guessing 20m plus add ons will be the final deal imo

BringBackSwales said:
mcfc2607 said:

He was refering to Isco's terms, which according to Hunter he had agreed, he went on to say that Madrid then came in with better terms which we have failed to improve on but we are hoping that Pellegrini's influence will seal the deal.

Thats pretty much the jist of what he said, whether its true or not who knows, but there are plenty of other jurno,s out there who I would write off before him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.