Isco

TexasBlueMoon said:
City Raider said:
if you grew up in spain and real madrid are calling as opposed to a team in a different country who have only recently come to your attention - how is pellegrini supposed to be responsible for that decision?

our hope is that conversation began months ago whereas madrids is recent interest and that somehow the kid feels committed to us or even a loose agreement is in place - similar to silva

even then you couldnt blame him for changing his mind - we just dont really know how serious madrids interest is

Even if we did manage to get him.. realistically speaking, how long would he stay with us, assuming he actually lives up to his potential and grows into a 5-star Iniesta like play-maker? Sooner or later he would be Barca/Madrid bound, just like Aguero as most fear.

So what should we do ? Never try and sign a world class non-english player in case they want to join Barca/Real etc ?

I don't think you're understanding where our owners are taking us.

Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:
citizens_1976 said:
Idiot talk.

Isco, and only Isco will be the judge of wherever he will go and not Pellegrini, Zidane or whoever involved in any potential deal. This comment sounds Jeremy Cross-like. Calm down with the negativity and stop putting pressure on our new manager before he has even led his team out on the field. We might not even want Isco.

Supremely argued. The best posts always start with an insult I find, its so much better than having to think. My post is positive not negative and states a fact. I really doubt that Pelligrini is thinking that he is under pressure from me and I think it is more than safe to assume we are trying to sign Isco. Of course his decision will be influenced by who his manager will be.

I wonder which part of "either way I have faith in him to succeed" you are deeming to be negative? Toodle pip old bean.

There are plenty of people on the internet dropping in little tasks for Pellegrini to trip up on, so they can dig it up if it doesn't work out & they are all as much bollocks as the one you've set him.

There can be ABSOLUTELY no fault attached to Pellegrini, if Isco goes to Real Madrid. It doesn't matter if his man management skills are the best in fucking history, you don't man manage a player who doesn't even work at your club.

He's a fucking manager not a hypnotist.

Tad defensive there Mr Nevillie.

I never realised I had so much sway. I can just imagine Pelle munching his crunchy nut cornflakes and thinking to himself " hmmm, five trophies in five years no problem but what's this? Cobwebcat on Bluemoon is expecting me to help bring Isco to the club.... I can't take it it's too much pressure....it's like he things i can hypnotise people. Ah crap I resign"

Do you not think that if and when Isco comes people wont pat Pelle on the back and rightly so?

Seems I have more faith in our new Manager than you do.

Speculation and rumours are one thing, facts and money are another and on that note, Isco has moved into 1/5 to join us (Sky bet) this morning, and 1/3 (Victor Chandler). Might be a false marke however fairly significant movements.

Money moves the market and the bookies are normally on the money. Lets hope so.

This kid seems to be quite brazen and potentially brilliant on the field yet quite a level headed kid off it, I certainly hope we have the pleasure of seeing him in Gods own team, this coming season.

Kun Aguero said:
Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 12h
BREAKING: I can confirm Isco has agreed terms with Manchester City and is set to sign after the U21s.

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v_NtoHriqc[/youtube]

TexasBlueMoon said:
Even if we did manage to get him.. realistically speaking, how long would he stay with us, assuming he actually lives up to his potential and grows into a 5-star Iniesta like play-maker? Sooner or later he would be Barca/Madrid bound, just like Aguero as most fear.

Why, if we dominate the Prem and Europe as is the goal. Why would these players move, everybody seems to base everything on how the footballing hierarchy stands as of today, we intend to change that and are already making in roads. When we dominate the C/L and Prem in the next couple of years players will be fighting to join us, just as they do with the established current day dominant forces.
May sound all ideal but if we don't believe then no one else will and it just won't happen ;o)

Cobwebcat said:
Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:
Supremely argued. The best posts always start with an insult I find, its so much better than having to think. My post is positive not negative and states a fact. I really doubt that Pelligrini is thinking that he is under pressure from me and I think it is more than safe to assume we are trying to sign Isco. Of course his decision will be influenced by who his manager will be.

I wonder which part of "either way I have faith in him to succeed" you are deeming to be negative? Toodle pip old bean.

There are plenty of people on the internet dropping in little tasks for Pellegrini to trip up on, so they can dig it up if it doesn't work out & they are all as much bollocks as the one you've set him.

There can be ABSOLUTELY no fault attached to Pellegrini, if Isco goes to Real Madrid. It doesn't matter if his man management skills are the best in fucking history, you don't man manage a player who doesn't even work at your club.

I never realised I had so much sway. I can just imagine Pelle munching his crunchy nut cornflakes and thinking to himself " hmmm, five trophies in five years no problem but what's this? Cobwebcat on Bluemoon is expecting me to help bring Isco to the club.... I can't take it it's too much pressure....it's like he things i can hypnotise people. Ah crap I resign"

Do you not think that if and when Isco comes people wont pat Pelle on the back and rightly so?

No, you have no sway at all & nobody has a clue who you are, but you are setting up the parameters for a good old internet moan on here & I'm not falling for your 'I have faith' routine, it's just a front.

There are plenty of people up to the same trick. Imo just building up the ammo ready to start taking pot shots at the first opportunity.

Your comments are unreasonable & I don't trust the motives behind them.

Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:
Pelligrini's first task will be to persuade Isco to come to us. I would expect him to succeed as he is famed for his man management skills and is a reason we brought him in. If he fails to bring in a player he is closer to than just about any other, it would not be an impressive start.

I have faith in Pelligrini and that he will do his job well.

Utter fucking bollocks.

It won't be Pellegrini's fault if Isco goes to Real Madrid anymore than it was Ferguson's fault Ronaldo went there.

I agree.

The very fact we are in the race,and probably still leading it...... is a huge testament to Pelle's pulling powers and management ability.
I doubt very much Isco would be still considering us,over Madrid or Barca,if any one different was our manager.

If he does end up choosing Madrid over us,which must be hugely tempting for any player,let alone the next Spanish superstar,I cant say I would be hugely surprised or disappointed and,certainly,that will not be a benchmark in which to judge Pellegrini's ability to manage.

Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:
Neville Kneville said:

No, you have no sway at all & nobody has a clue who you are, but you are setting up the parameters for a good old internet moan on here & I'm not falling for your 'I have faith' routine, it's just a front.

There are plenty of people up to the same trick. Imo just building up the ammo ready to start taking pot shots at the first opportunity.

Well that's your like of faith in me and isn't my problem I'm afraid. You have made a generalisation and an assumption both of which are incorrect.

If you can be bothered and look at my previous posts both on Mancini and my general dislike of Bluemoaners you will see you are far from correct.

I know however that it's only a matter of time before you apologise though so I won't be too hard on you.

Ole!

Cobwebcat said:
Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:

Well that's your like of faith in me and isn't my problem I'm afraid. You have made a generalisation and an assumption both of which are incorrect.

If you can be bothered and look at my previous posts both on Mancini and my general dislike of Bluemoaners you will see you are far from correct.

I know however that it's only a matter of time before you apologise though so I won't be too hard on you.

Ole!

I will apologise in advance if I have misjudged your motives, but that won't change the fact that your initial conditions for judging Pellegrini's ability as a 'man manager' are grossly unfair.

Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:
Neville Kneville said:

Ole!

I will apologise in advance if I have misjudged your motives, but that won't change the fact that your initial conditions for judging Pellegrini's ability as a 'man manager' are grossly unfair.

Well at least that's much more civil and I appreciate that. I think the decision to appoint Pelle is a good one as, even as a Mancini fan, I can see his time had come to an end.

Again, whether Pelle helps bring Isco to city or not he has my full support and admiration for his past achievements and style of play.

Where we differ is that I do not think it unreasonable to think Pelle can play a significant part in bringing Isco to City and that if he doesn't it is not as good as if he does. Pelle will be tested on many fronts and I see this as his first task. I will certainly not be one of those waiting for him to fail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.