Isco

whipper said:
Marvin said:
Neville Kneville said:
Still would have been absolutely fine with players like Silva & Aguero playing around him.

He was used to take players away from the rest of the midfield today & when he did come inside, they all came to him, it worked. Thiago got 2 from open play, the first a direct result of the defence watching Isco.
He played OK. I'd like to see City sign him, but tonight was not his best game of the tournament.

There's also a big difference between u-21s and the Premiership. Players like Borini have done well in the U-21s but been anonymous in the Premiership

Simple and obvious point, but if Isco came to City, we shouldn't expect him to be able to dictate and control games in the Premiership in the same way he has at the U-21s.

So your saying that the Spanish league isn't upto PL standard?

Hasn't he just been vote their version of young player of the year.
Put it another way - there's a big gap between the Spanish full side and the U21s.

Isco I'm sure could do a good job for us, but I think it's unlikely that he would be able to produce the level of performance he has shown in this tournament in the Premiership straight away. He's growing in confidence and needs games, but he's still developing.

I'd love to see City sign him. I have seen all of the U21 tournament and I started off being very sceptical about the point of City signing yet another midfielder ahead of a striker, but he's won me round. I can see him going on to become one of the top midfielders in the game, but at the moment he's one of the top midfielders in his age range. For Malaga I've seen him have some quiet and ineffective games that would not be good enough for a team like City who will be expecting to win trophies again next season.

He's still developing, like all the players should be at that level

Marvin said:
Sublime? Not tonight. You have to also remember that this is at U-21 level too

He did very well in Champions league
& was the most important player at malaga alongside Joaquin & lead them to 6th position

he has already proven him self at high level in champions league & La liga

all of that and his just 21 , IMO he will only get better IN SHAA ALLAH

NQCitizen said:
Plaything of the gods said:
NQCitizen said:
I do get that all too well.

In my opinion not scoring enough goals like last season and not winning the title is a bigger deal than only having Silva, Nasri, Navas, Yaya and Milner able to play attacking mids.

Surely someone agrees?
You're worrying about the past.

How does the team with no new striker score 80 goals or so needed to win the title?
Because we now have a manager who likes to score more goals, we also already have 3 of the best strikers in the world, presuming they stay.

Isco got a good amount last year from midfield, we also have Navas who will provide more opertunities from a combination of good crosses, speed and width to give us more space to create in the middle, whilst also chipping in with a few himself.

We also have Fernandinho who will score more than Barry/Garcia tend to, also Aguero is hopefully fully fit now and Dzeko should suit Pellegrini's style more.

Oh and it's only half way through June so we could still sign a striker. ;)

Isco's Disco-biscuits said:
Marvin said:
Neville Kneville said:
Still would have been absolutely fine with players like Silva & Aguero playing around him.

He was used to take players away from the rest of the midfield today & when he did come inside, they all came to him, it worked. Thiago got 2 from open play, the first a direct result of the defence watching Isco.
He played OK. I'd like to see City sign him, but tonight was not his best game of the tournament.

There's also a big difference between u-21s and the Premiership. Players like Borini have done well in the U-21s but been anonymous in the Premiership

Simple and obvious point, but if Isco came to City, we shouldn't expect him to be able to dictate and control games in the Premiership in the same way he has at the U-21s.

How exactly has Borini done well in this tournament? He has been shite. Isco created the most chances in the tournament and netted four goals. What more do you want him to do exactly to impress you?
He does impress me very much. I just didn't think he had the greatest game tonight. It was Alcantara's night

keemcfc said:
NQCitizen said:
Plaything of the gods said:
You're worrying about the past.

How does the team with no new striker score 80 goals or so needed to win the title?
Because we now have a manager who likes to score more goals, we also already have 3 of the best strikers in the world, presuming they stay.

Isco got a good amount last year from midfield, we also have Navas who will provide more opertunities from a combination of good crosses, speed and width to give us more space to create in the middle, whilst also chipping in with a few himself.

We also have Fernandinho who will score more than Barry/Garcia tend to, also Aguero is hopefully fully fit now and Dzeko should suit Pellegrini's style more.

Your talking like isco is already signed... I wish!

NipHolmes said:
FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
Sublime? Not tonight. You have to also remember that this is at U-21 level too

You're right,he's no Garcia.
Beat me to it ;)
Not all teams play with a holding midfielder, but if you want a player for that role, Garcia is one of the best. Real Madrid, Benfica and Spain national managers are wrong are they?

he plays in a totally different role. And he can also play central defence - which shows you what a good player he is.

I think we might lose a central midfielder now that Fernandinho has signed, and it might be Garcia or barry

spinzer said:
keemcfc said:
NQCitizen said:

I am utterly convinced that he'll be joining us.

Marvin said:
Not all teams play with a holding midfielder, but if you want a player for that role, Garcia is one of the best.

He's miles away from being one of the best, he's been very inefficient in the role for us. Not just from a fans point of view (and most recognise he has been garbage... you don't seem to see that though) but statistically he is very poor for a holding MF with some of the worst defensive stats of any semi-high profile DM. Even mid-table players like Mulumbu broke up play more efficiently than Garcia.

Pam said:
spinzer said:
keemcfc said:

I am utterly convinced that he'll be joining us.

Fingers crossed but we need to get this done ASAP now.

Marvin said:
whipper said:
Marvin said:

So your saying that the Spanish league isn't upto PL standard?

Hasn't he just been vote their version of young player of the year.
Put it another way - there's a big gap between the Spanish full side and the U21s.

Isco I'm sure could do a good job for us, but I think it's unlikely that he would be able to produce the level of performance he has shown in this tournament in the Premiership straight away. He's growing in confidence and needs games, but he's still developing.

I'd love to see City sign him. I have seen all of the U21 tournament and I started off being very sceptical about the point of City signing yet another midfielder ahead of a striker, but he's won me round. I can see him going on to become one of the top midfielders in the game, but at the moment he's one of the top midfielders in his age range. For Malaga I've seen him have some quiet and ineffective games that would not be good enough for a team like City who will be expecting to win trophies again next season.

He's still developing, like all the players should be at that level

I completely agree with you. I would say that tonight's game was a fairly typical example of the way Isco is on average for Malaga. But, he still did some brilliant stuff which was wasted by unintelligent play from team mates. The same performance in a City shirt would automatically be more effective because the players around him would work at a higher level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.