Isco

Neville Kneville said:
Marvin said:
whipper said:
So your saying that the Spanish league isn't upto PL standard?

Hasn't he just been vote their version of young player of the year.
Put it another way - there's a big gap between the Spanish full side and the U21s.

Isco I'm sure could do a good job for us, but I think it's unlikely that he would be able to produce the level of performance he has shown in this tournament in the Premiership straight away. He's growing in confidence and needs games, but he's still developing.

I'd love to see City sign him. I have seen all of the U21 tournament and I started off being very sceptical about the point of City signing yet another midfielder ahead of a striker, but he's won me round. I can see him going on to become one of the top midfielders in the game, but at the moment he's one of the top midfielders in his age range. For Malaga I've seen him have some quiet and ineffective games that would not be good enough for a team like City who will be expecting to win trophies again next season.

He's still developing, like all the players should be at that level

I completely agree with you. I would say that tonight's game was a fairly typical example of the way Isco is on average for Malaga. But, he still did some brilliant stuff which was wasted by unintelligent play from team mates. The same performance in a City shirt would automatically be more effective because the players around him would work at a higher level.
Let's hope we can sign him now.

Been named player of the tournament. Not a bad year for Isco, the Golden Boy award and now this.

LoveCity said:
Marvin said:
Not all teams play with a holding midfielder, but if you want a player for that role, Garcia is one of the best.

He's miles away from being one of the best, he's been very inefficient in the role for us. Not just from a fans point of view (and most recognise he has been garbage... you don't seem to see that though) but statistically he is very poor for a holding MF with some of the worst defensive stats of any semi-high profile DM. Even mid-table players like Mulumbu broke up play more efficiently than Garcia.

544414_494781803919931_70910238_a.png

Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:
FantasyIreland said:
You're right,he's no Garcia.
Beat me to it ;)
Not all teams play with a holding midfielder, but if you want a player for that role, Garcia is one of the best. Real Madrid, Benfica and Spain national managers are wrong are they?

he plays in a totally different role. And he can also play central defence - which shows you what a good player he is.

I think we might lose a central midfielder now that Fernandinho has signed, and it might be Garcia or barry

Marv mate, please give over with the Garcia wummery.

Stoned Rose said:
Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:
Beat me to it ;)
Not all teams play with a holding midfielder, but if you want a player for that role, Garcia is one of the best. Real Madrid, Benfica and Spain national managers are wrong are they?

he plays in a totally different role. And he can also play central defence - which shows you what a good player he is.

I think we might lose a central midfielder now that Fernandinho has signed, and it might be Garcia or barry

Marv mate, please give over with the Garcia wummery.
I'm the one who's being wummed!

Marvin said:
Neville Kneville said:
Marvin said:
Put it another way - there's a big gap between the Spanish full side and the U21s.

Isco I'm sure could do a good job for us, but I think it's unlikely that he would be able to produce the level of performance he has shown in this tournament in the Premiership straight away. He's growing in confidence and needs games, but he's still developing.

I'd love to see City sign him. I have seen all of the U21 tournament and I started off being very sceptical about the point of City signing yet another midfielder ahead of a striker, but he's won me round. I can see him going on to become one of the top midfielders in the game, but at the moment he's one of the top midfielders in his age range. For Malaga I've seen him have some quiet and ineffective games that would not be good enough for a team like City who will be expecting to win trophies again next season.

He's still developing, like all the players should be at that level

I completely agree with you. I would say that tonight's game was a fairly typical example of the way Isco is on average for Malaga. But, he still did some brilliant stuff which was wasted by unintelligent play from team mates. The same performance in a City shirt would automatically be more effective because the players around him would work at a higher level.
Let's hope we can sign him now.

I really hope so. He has that ability to every so often produce a potentially game changing moment, even when he's not particularly standing out.

LoveCity said:
Been named player of the tournament. Not a bad year for Isco, the Golden Boy award and now this.
Amazing indeed. Quite deserved as well I'm really glad for him. Now all that's left for his year to become the best is to join City :P

Syth said:
LoveCity said:
Amazing indeed. Quite deserved as well I'm really glad for him. Now all that's left for his year to become the best is to join City :P

Fully agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.