Isco

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Lancet Fluke said:
baldybouncer said:
Ermmm ... that's really good for us. It means you have to bet £57 to win £1. Which in effect means "keep your money in your pocket"!!
If it's 1/10 to 1/57 then odds are getting tighter and it would now take 57 quid to win 1. But if it's gone from 1.10 to 1.57 then odds are going out and has gone from ten to one on to more or less two to one on. I think!

These are decimal betting odds not old fashioned odds.

1.10 - each pound bet - £1.10 back
1.57 - each pound bet - £1.57 back

ie the odds are drifting out - but not by much.

I'd say they have drifted more than just a bit. They have gone from 1/10 to 4/7. There might not be much money in the market so it might not take much for the odds to change fairly dramatically though.

Thought i'd lend a hand on the betting as it looks as if some people have been getting confused.

According to oddschecker,

Isco is 2/5 with both Stan James and Ladbrokes to join City

He is 7/4 with Stan James and 21/10 with Ladbrokes to join Madrid.

To be odds-on in essentially a two horse race is very promising.

Crucially, and you can read into this as you wish, Madrid's odds have actually been on the DRIFT during the course of the day.

Lancet Fluke said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Lancet Fluke said:
If it's 1/10 to 1/57 then odds are getting tighter and it would now take 57 quid to win 1. But if it's gone from 1.10 to 1.57 then odds are going out and has gone from ten to one on to more or less two to one on. I think!

These are decimal betting odds not old fashioned odds.

1.10 - each pound bet - £1.10 back
1.57 - each pound bet - £1.57 back

ie the odds are drifting out - but not by much.

I'd say they have drifted more than just a bit. They have gone from 1/10 to 4/7. There might not be much money in the market so it might not take much for the odds to change fairly dramatically though.
Even when Isco was 1/10 he was readily available at 4/9 with other bookies,and still is
Skybet were just covering their arse,as they have more than likely taken the most money on him at decent odds
I also feel more confident about a transfer when the player is 1/50 to join us and 25/1 anyone else
If he was that certain to join us that 4/9 would have long gone
Who knows if its us or Madrid,hopefully the former :)

bigdavecox90 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
bigdavecox90 said:
Was just about to ask the same thing...

Since when has this turned into a betting thread?

Odds are odds.

He didn't ask anything.

*mention ;)

I know it may seem tedious to be discussing the odds but it could be relevant. Betting markets can indicate what is going on at times so it is relevant to the debate whether the odds have gone in or out. Someone thought the odds had come in dramatically when they had actually gone out. It was fair enough to clarify that they had gone out imo.

Lancet Fluke said:
bigdavecox90 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
He didn't ask anything.

*mention ;)

I know it may seem tedious to be discussing the odds but it could be relevant. Betting markets can indicate what is going on at times so it is relevant to the debate whether the odds have gone in or out. Someone thought the odds had come in dramatically when they had actually gone out. It was fair enough to clarify that they had gone out imo.

Oh of course mate, fully understand that. My point with 'odds are odds' is that "Jack's grandmothers next door neighbour might know someone who is friends with Isco's agent" so has spread the word about wacking money on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.