Isco

CityForever45 said:
Good news on the Mail about him. How much is realible this David Kent ?

As daft as this may sound...'David Kent' doesn't actually exist, he's a mate of mine who works for the Mail part-time as their Manchester teams reporter. Not sure what the point of the alter ego is mind....

Anyway I've messaged Kenty, so hopefully he'll tell me straight whether it's truthful or not

Cityisland said:
Independent also running a story saying we are close to signing him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-close-to-signing-malaga-midfielder-isco-8658973.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 58973.html</a>

Manchester City 'close' to signing Malaga midfielder Isco
Midfielder set to follow Manuel Pellegrini to the Etihad as City continue their summer spending spree

Manchester City are close to making their third signing of the summer with Malaga’s Isco reportedly ready to follow Manuel Pellegrini to the Etihad.

City hope to announce Pellegrini as their new manager over the weekend, and it seems his first signing will be his former midfielder, who is keen to leave Malaga for Champions League football.

Uefa have banned Malaga from both the Champions League and Europa League due to their failure to adhere to the financial fair play regulations, which Isco labelled “embarrassing and shabby”.

On his personal Twitter account, the Spanish Under-21 star said: “It is embarrassing and shabby. It is completely unfair that they have treated Malaga different than many other teams with many more irregularities and debts.

“They have taken away what we have earned on the field. Neither the players nor the fans deserve this. I have no more to say.”

The 21-year-old developed an attacking role last season, scoring 12 goals from midfield, and he is currently with Spain’s Under-21’s at the European Championships in Israel where he finished a delightfully taken effort in the comfortable win over Holland.

Should the deal go through, Isco will join new recruits Jesus Navas – signed from fellow La Liga club Sevilla – and Fernandinho, who has joined City in a £30m transfer from Shaktar Donetsk.

Isco’s fellow countryman Navas cost the Manchester club a further £14.9m, and the addition of the Malaga playmaker would rocket City’s increasing summer spending as they look to cope with life after Roberto Mancini.

Real Madrid – another club without a current manager – were also keen on the talented youngster’s signature, but City seem to have leaped ahead of the Spanish giants in the race for his services.

Liverpool had been linked with the midfielder but the allure of Champions League football has taken the Spaniard away from Brendan Rodgers grasp and into the hands of City. This is no doubt helped by the influence of former Barcelona directors Txiki Begiristain and Ferran Soriano, who have led the club into a change of direction in terms of recruitment.

Isco would join a long list of former La Liga stars now at Eastlands with Pablo Zabaleta, Yaya Toure, David Silva and Navas all joining from the Spanish top flight.

Makes my day if we sign him, sell Nasri and Garcia, keep Millie, keep Edin at all costs, 20 plus league goals guaranteed from him, even Cavani can't guarantee that.

Marvin said:
Kun and Dzeko are great strikers, but they don't complement each other. 12 months ago I'd include Carlos in that bracket as well. After the last season, I think Tevez's game has gone. Having two, or three really good strikers does not guarantee goals. Last season was the proof of that.

Injury-free, I think Aguero could get 20 plus League goals, but we need another striker who can cover, or play with him.

I think Isco is being elevated above his current ability. He has played very well in the U21s, but I watched him in La Liga, and apart from a good goal, he was not impressive over the last 2-3 games

Even if you are right about Isco's superior attacking skills, he still isn't a substitute for a striker and i can't see his addition suddenly transforming the Aguero - Dzeko partnership which has been awful

The first few months of the 2011-2012 season we were magnificent and played the best football in the Mancini-area. Dzeko and Aguero were the two upfront. Even the Munich-incident with Tevez didn't interrupted the combo. When Baloteli came back from injury, it did.
In the 2012-2013 season all combo's of Aguero/Dzeko/Tevez were disappointing and I truly think it was lack of confidence (Dzeko), and injury (Aguero). Aguero/Tevez started most games with succesfull outcomings, but often the latter was subbed for Dzeko who went on being a supersub.

As for Isco not impressive for the last 2-3 games, the last game was at barca with nothing at stake, the one before that he was terrific as of playing a farewell match with Malaga qualifying for European football (that has been taken away from them). The player has been a revelation for the last 2 seasons in Spain and his performances at CL-level vs the likes of Shaktar, Porto and esp. Dortmund (away) he showed what a mature player he already is at his age. At the U-21 tournament he easily stands out.

He surely isn't a striker, and who knows if he's to change the Aguero/Dzeko combo (if Pellegrini decides to play them both with Navas brought in for widt and pace). If it was Isco or Cavani, I'd say we need Isco more.

g180aj said:
Plain Speaking said:
Marvin said:
That's my view as well.

He has great potential, but you can only play 11 players and for the moment our problems are not in midfield. There's a big difference between his performances for the U21s and Malaga which is logical. You'd expect that he'd improve, but the point is if we signed him now, we wouldn't see any immediate benefit as it would mean the loss of Nasri or Milner, and it wouldn't address our goal-scoring problems
There is only Yaya and Milner who have looked any sort of goal threat from midfield. Barry, Silva and Nasri were all disappointing in this respect.
Isco has a good eye for goal. The more danger we pose from multiple positions the harder it will be to defend against. His speed and creativity should bring the best out of our other players.

I disagree i think the only midfielder who has looked like scoring every game he has played is rodwel, just a shame he didn't play that much. We need thiago and isco as both would add at least 20 goals a season each and take the weight off silva's shoulders and give him more room to play thus creating more chances for the strikers.

at least 20 goals a season from each of Isco and Thiago is surely a joke?

Golden Slumbers said:
CityForever45 said:
Good news on the Mail about him. How much is realible this David Kent ?

As daft as this may sound...'David Kent' doesn't actually exist, he's a mate of mine who works for the Mail part-time as their Manchester teams reporter. Not sure what the point of the alter ego is mind....

Anyway I've messaged Kenty, so hopefully he'll tell me straight whether it's truthful or not

Wasn't he the bloke off the bill who also had HIV from Eastenders?

No?

Marvin said:
Kun and Dzeko are great strikers, but they don't complement each other.

Sorry Marvin, but I'm going to have to go through your post line by line to be clear. How do you believe forwards compliment each other? The obvious way is having different characteristics which together provide all the attributes you need in a forward line. Dzeko and Kun clearly do that as one is fast and agile, the other is powerful and direct.

12 months ago I'd include Carlos in that bracket as well. After the last season, I think Tevez's game has gone. Having two, or three really good strikers does not guarantee goals. Last season was the proof of that.

Last season was proof of nothing other than that having a squad which really hates the manager means the entire squad will underperform. You're judging our forwards on one season in isolation which is pointless.

Injury-free, I think Aguero could get 20 plus League goals, but we need another striker who can cover, or play with him.

So you think Tevez and Dzeko can't play with Aguero. Sorry but that's just fucking stupid.

I think Isco is being elevated above his current ability. He has played very well in the U21s, but I watched him in La Liga, and apart from a good goal, he was not impressive over the last 2-3 games

I've watched Isco for two season now, and personally I think he's the nearest thing to Iniesta in world football and will be one of the best midfield players in the world within two years.

Even if you are right about Isco's superior attacking skills, he still isn't a substitute for a striker and i can't see his addition suddenly transforming the Aguero - Dzeko partnership which has been awful

Haha. We had an awful manager who slowly sucked the life out of our forwards. Pellegrini will give them some belief back and they'll be absolutely fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.