Isco

borninm14 said:
There must be some money put on us in the last 24 hrs RM odds slashed from 1/20 to 1/3 , still strong favourites but drifting fast.

We have shortened from 8/1 to 9/4 in the same time

Could be that the tide is turning again[

The Flash said:
pudge said:
sergiokun said:
Malaga's owner Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser Al-Thani confirmed the intention on his Twitter account by stating: "No.22 shirts will not be available to any other player at Malaga CF as a courtesy to the player Isco."

Would love to see him at City but its looking more likely he will go Madrid
They've retired Isco's number?

Seems a little extreme

More Than Words?

LOL - Don't worry mate I got it!

johnmc said:
blueboyforever said:
I'm of the same opinion mate something just doesn't quite add up. If Madrid have agreed a deal with both Malaga and the player, what's the hold up? I think Perez have seriously over played his hand. He's used the media to try to manipulate the situation and put pressure on Isco. That's fine when it works and the player signs, when it doesn't your left with egg on your face. I genuinely believe Isco wants to carry on under Pellagrini and is sat back chilling, happy with the knowledge that it'll all work it's self out this week. City will agree a fee with Malaga and he'll have a medical.

That's my take anyway, in reality he'll probably sign for Madrid in an hour :)

A lot of people take this view - that if he is signing for Madrid then whats the hold up. Well if he isnt signing for them whats the hold up for us?

Isco said himself that his future would be decided last Sunday - something must have happened that either changed his mind or is delaying him announcing his decision. Unfortunately on Monday a lot of people said Ancelotti would be announced on Wednesday and Isco on Friday so part one is done.

Lets hope Part 2 doesnt come to fruition
Madrid may just want to show due respect to their new manager.
It gives greater authority to Ancelotti if he is well in post before a major new signing rather than just being a puppet for Perez/Zidane.

Neville Kneville said:
johnmc said:
blueboyforever said:
I'm of the same opinion mate something just doesn't quite add up. If Madrid have agreed a deal with both Malaga and the player, what's the hold up? I think Perez have seriously over played his hand. He's used the media to try to manipulate the situation and put pressure on Isco. That's fine when it works and the player signs, when it doesn't your left with egg on your face. I genuinely believe Isco wants to carry on under Pellagrini and is sat back chilling, happy with the knowledge that it'll all work it's self out this week. City will agree a fee with Malaga and he'll have a medical.

That's my take anyway, in reality he'll probably sign for Madrid in an hour :)

A lot of people take this view - that if he is signing for Madrid then whats the hold up. Well if he isnt signing for them whats the hold up for us?

Isco said himself that his future would be decided last Sunday - something must have happened that either changed his mind or is delaying him announcing his decision. Unfortunately on Monday a lot of people said Ancelotti would be announced on Wednesday and Isco on Friday so part one is done.

Lets hope Part 2 doesnt come to fruition

Possibly he expected to be doing the deal with City on Sunday, then Real stepped in on the Friday?

And then apparently PSG came knocking

Plain Speaking said:
It gives greater authority to Ancelotti if he is well in post before a major new signing rather than just being a puppet for Perez/Zidane.

that'd be a new one for Real Madrid.

I'm no cynic said:
There's still a betting market open on his transfer which is unbelievable after all the innuendo that he joined Real days ago. The odds are still short, but to make a 25% profit on an absolute certainty seems too good to miss. Unless of course, it isn't a certainty.

Real's price was 1/4 when I posted this message. Half an hour later, the price has lengthened to 1/3. Something is going on behind the scenes.

poyntontom said:
johnmc said:
flb said:
Also seems a bit odd that there's not a single word from Isco or any of his advisers and agent.Its pretty common knowledge that hes leaving Malaga so whats wrong with a simple statement stating the fact his future will be sorted out soon.If Madrid were that close to bagging him and hed agreed to go there then thats all he has to say.

The silence is deafening-it smacks of a player waiting for his club to agree terms with a buyer-sounds like Isco is in limbo to me.

Hes under no obligation to make a statement
malaga excs told isco to remain silent last weekend.

As in "You have the right to remain silent" ??? This is getting seriouser and seriouser!

Andouble said:
Plain Speaking said:

that'd be a new one for Real Madrid.
Haha, yes they have a fast turn around of managers.
It would undermine Ancelotti if Isco arrived, before he had time to assess and review his squad?

we've had enough odds posts.

They didn't mean anything when he was nailed onto us, nor when he was nailed onto madrid, nor when he was back to odds on to us, nor back to them, nor do they mean anything now that they've shortened a bit. They're going to move until the transfer happens, they don't indicate anything, especially in regards to this transfer, clearly.

I can accept the viewpoint that sometimes bookies may learn something or know about a transfer here or there early. But this saga has clearly shown that they don't have a good read on this one. This thread is long enough without some idiot posting the latest odds every 10 minutes.

When have City come out on the right side of a long, protracted transfer tug-of-war like this? Can only see him going to Madrid now....

I think we really p*ssed off Malaga with the Pellegrini transaction and that has not helped our case, it would have been prudent to keep good relations with them with the Isco deal in the pipeline, it seems we saved a few million but probably will be missing out on top target Isco now, someone at City needs a kick up the arse!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.