Islamic Terrorism: is religion/belief no matter how misguided, the main motivator?

I don't mean to get at you as I have a few Muslim friend's, but I am allowed to have Muslim friend's. According to the Koran you are not allowed to have non Muslim friends.
One word; bullshit
Muslims are allowed to have friends with any body. This is really joke

I have always felt those who follow religion are also hedging their bets, wanting to believe there is something else after this short time spent on a freak of nature.

I remember reading about a philosopher, I think, on his deathbed, when asked by the priest at his bedside ;-
'Do you reject the devil and all his works?'

'This is no time to be making enemies!'

Because it's a fight we won't win, we have already lost the battle of the minds and Islam will continue to dominate every country it reaches and wishes to destroy. Our only hope will be to flee when this terror reaches our shores with the increase of Muslims in the UK
What a load of bollocks. You clearly have a deep rooted issue with Islam and ALL muslims, the rest of us only have an issue with the radicalised ones who seek to harm innocent people and our way of life. No wonder you "didn't want to have this discussion on here", it's pretty obvious from this post you have some radicalised views yourself, the funny thing is you are sounding as fascistic as those who seek to divide us. I'd love to know how Islam is dominating the UK?

Aye but that will surely be in no small part down to your upbringing and moral standards that are based on the ten commandments?

I'm not religious and my parents were from different faiths (so obviously not deeply religious) but I was brought up a as a christian and that has undoubtedly set my moral compass.

Without wanting to be too philosophical, I don't think the 10 commandments set moral standards, Buddhists don't go around killing everyone, and Pagans seemed to cope.

I know there's been some research about babies having innate morality as well.

Without wanting to be too philosophical, I don't think the 10 commandments set moral standards, Buddhists don't go around killing everyone, and Pagans seemed to cope.

The 42 principles of Ma'at from the Egyptian book of the dead, predate the story of Moses and the Ten Commandments. A lot of stuff in the Old Testament can be found in earlier sources from the region.

The 42 principles of Ma'at from the Egyptian book of the dead, predate the story of Moses and the Ten Commandments. A lot of stuff in the Old Testament can be found in earlier sources from the region.

As can 'gods' with the same SP as Jesus. Mithras for one and Horus together with about 20 others most pre dating Jesus.

Without wanting to be too philosophical, I don't think the 10 commandments set moral standards, Buddhists don't go around killing everyone

As with many other religions, this is not representative of what Buddhism is but it goes to show that the evil that a few outliers of the religion can easily be construed as relative.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/Anti-Muslim-Buddhist-monk-in-Myanmar-Trump-‘similar-to-me’/article16667470.ece said:
Mr. Wirathu has been accused of inciting violence with hate-filled, anti-Islamic rhetoric in this Southeast Asian, Buddhist-majority country of about 55 million. Buddhist-led riots left more than 200 people dead in 2012 and forced hundreds of thousands more to flee their homes, most of them Muslim Rohingya in Rakhine state.

and Pagans seemed to cope.

I'm not sure we should gloss over their ritualistic child sacrifices for their gods, several pagan offshoots also have a dedicated God of child sacrifices. Moloch, Kronos, Tophet, you appease them by sacrificing children. The abrahaman religions at least got rid of a majority of these rituals.

Yes it was a research done together by Alfred Wallace and Charles Darwin. They found that babies had glimmers of morality. Wallace attributed this to the voice of God to which Darwin scoffed at the idea and told Wallace some bad things. This was the research that made both great minds parted ways. One to the evidence of God, another to the evidence of evolution. When Wallace suggest that we do good deeds because there is a divine moral compass in us, Darwin suggest that this moral compass was because we evolve to have vested interest. For example, a child who protects his pet from harm, is because he doesn't want to lose his pet. Wallace then argued with the help of a theologist disciplined D'Souza that evolution cannot account for these because not everyone exhibit them (you know like birds with wings, tigers with stripes) to which Darwin replied, well, sometimes evolution doesn't work.

It is an interesting topic which has been research by both branches of knowledge today.[/QUOTE]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.