Islamic Terrorism: is religion/belief no matter how misguided, the main motivator?

The father of the main recruiter for IS in Moss Side was laughing off any involvement by his son. Probably believes he was working at Greggs.

I thought it was pretty much out of order for Sky to ambush him on the street.

He may know everything, but he may know nothing. Wouldn't surprise me if he was targeted by vigilantes!

Oh please! Do me a feckin favour. They 'sometimes' bomb a village? You say that as if it's some kind of intentional strike, as if it's going to get other nations on their side? Nobody would ever intentionally target civilians as a way to win a propaganda war - unless you either have a media blackout or are corrupt. Are you willing to say that the killing of our children on Tuesday at the Arena was some kind of targeted missile that went astray, leading to 'collateral' casualties? If not, then I'd suggest you've either got some explaining to do, or should perhaps shut the fuck up.

One thing you need to be sure about before we continue this discussion: I do not give any excuses or justification for those killers. I hope they all go to hell and be punished. I am a Muslim and father and have allot of non muslims friends.
And yes some of rockets lands on civilians and caused death of innocent people. This is fact unles you think rockets are bullet that will only kill the targeted person!!!!

Just tell me how many innocent Iraqi died because of American invasion to Iraq based on lies and falsifications evidence?

And again I am not trying to give any excuses for crimes against humanity , I am just trying to give you one of many possible reasons of why this reaction is happening.

I went to United States many times and I loved the place and the people in general are supportive and helpful. And I love people in general and believe they are good and kinds.

One of the biggest problems we are facing today is lack of honesty. We need to be honest to fight together all wrong doings and crimes against humanity.

Last edited:
One thing you need to be sure about before we continue this discussion: I do not give any excuses or justification for those killers. I hope they all go to hell and be punished. I am a Muslim and father and have allot of non muslims friends.
And yes some of rockets lands on civilians and caused death of innocent people. This is fact unles you think rockets are bullet that will only kill the targeted person!!!!

Just tell me how many innocent Iraqi died because of American invasion to Iraq based on lies and falsifications evidence?

And again I am not trying to give any excuses for crimes against humanity , I am just trying to give you one of many possible reasons of why this reaction is happening.

I went to United States many times and I loved the place and the people in general are supportive and helpful. And I love people in general and believe they are good and kinds.

One of the biggest problems we are facing today is lack of honesty. We need to be honest to fight together all wrong doings and crimes against humanity.
I don't mean to get at you as I have a few Muslim friend's, but I am allowed to have Muslim friend's. According to the Koran you are not allowed to have non Muslim friends.

And if you don't pay it ?

The Islamic law is easily misunderstood, even by those who believe they are practicing it correctly, which is why the state mufti and its council shall present the edicts based on the context of that limited region. Let's talk about jizya.

If you don't pay it. You are refused stay in that state. It is a form of tax imposed on able men who can bear arms in times of war. When you pay jizya, you are not only exempted from being part of the Islamic military, but also protected from enemies of the jizya payer, even when the enemy is an ally of the muslim leaders.

Jizya is a tax paid yearly by men who have reached puberty. It is the only tax imposed on non-muslim citizens of the state, which is also valued far less than the zakat paid by muslims. The zakat is valued at approximately the amount of rice you can hold in both cupped hands. Yearly. So basically you pay a zakat, or jizya which is relatively less, at a value of two cups of rice, or bread, or corn, per year. I pay my zakat each year, which is roughly around 3-5quid I can't remember. It is so low that I prefer to overpay because the money goes back to the poor and needy.

The jizya is compulsory but not overburdening. It is only asked from those who afford to pay, and those who are not people of the cloth of the different Abrahaman religions. If they cannot pay then the state will use compassionate grounds to pay for the unable. However, if the person can pay yet refuse to, then he is exploiting the state and its benefits and is not being communal. They are to be refused stay, or they can join the military. There are records where some refuse to pay because they want to be part of the military itself, this is their choice if they so wish such as the case of al-Jurajima. There is also a clear record of jizya being returned to their payees (Christian Arabs) because the state realised that the impending Roman army was too big to protect the non-muslims and muslims from, so they returned the jizya because they thought it unethical to take money for what they can't provide in return. The state still went to war against the Romans but the Christian arabs wished the Islam army victory against the Romans.

The jizya was an instrument of peace between the many faiths of the Arab world. Those who pay for jizya only pay for the jizya, there are no other taxes. The same with muslims who pay the zakat, there is no discrimination and many faiths lived in harmony and protection.

Compare the jizya with the taxes we pay today. Every time you buy a coffer you pay VAT, when you earn your salary a big chunk is taken from it. My tax is at least 1200 quid per year. Compare that to my zakat at 4 quid. When I was in the States and selling my books, I have to pay all these taxes. I also know of mates who got in trouble with the IRS for not paying their taxes. Even Messi is given jail term for 2 years. That's the tax we all pay today in the modern concept of tax. The jizya and the zakat for thousands of years have not changed in value.

Let's not go there, it's a family show. :)

If they refuse to pay when they are able to do so, they are simply refused part of the community and refusing to perform what is nowadays we call 'social responsibility' to provide for those who cannot provide for themselves. That is selfish. So they cannot cultivate land, breed animals, sell goods and exploit the poor people of the community. They are simply driven out. I don't know what you are implying but it seems you are an expert in this so please enlighten us.

I have always felt those who follow religion are also hedging their bets, wanting to believe there is something else after this short time spent on a freak of nature.

As long as it doesn't impact me or my family, I'm cool with it.

I suspect so many lives would be saved if they believed there was jack shit, and made the most of the time we all have.

Love thy neighbour?

I don't need to have any book tell me that we should be kind and not kill people.

Last edited:
I have always felt those who follow religion are also heading their bets, wanting to believe there is something else after this short time spent on a freak of nature.

I suspect so many lives would be saved if they believed there was jack shit, and made the most of the time we all have.

Love thy neighbour?

I don't need to have any book tell me that we should be kind and not kill people.[/QUOTE]

Aye but that will surely be in no small part down to your upbringing and moral standards that are based on the ten commandments?

I'm not religious and my parents were from different faiths (so obviously not deeply religious) but I was brought up a as a christian and that has undoubtedly set my moral compass.

Wow, Watching the queen visiting the kids in hospital and talking to the families and staff, just seeing the kids in the beds has me welling up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.