Islamophobia in the Conservative Party

FGM, antisemitism and persecution of homosexuals has nothing to do with Islam. They may be common problems in majority Muslim countries, but they are overwhelmingly cultural issues rather than religious issues.

Lol bollocks I work with Muslims and they are homophobic as fuck. All UK born and bred.

Lol bollocks I work with Muslims and they are homophobic as fuck. All UK born and bred.

It doesn’t mean that it is a issue in Islam. There is nothing in the Quran about homosexuality other than the Biblical story of Sodom and Gomorrah. It is an entirely cultural issue.

FGM, antisemitism and persecution of homosexuals are not tenants of Islam. They may be common problems in majority Muslim countries, but they are overwhelmingly cultural issues rather than religious issues.
Most Muslims I know and have worked with can't stand Jews.

You're talking shit as usual.

FGM, antisemitism and persecution of homosexuals are not tenants of Islam. They may be common problems in majority Muslim countries, but they are overwhelmingly cultural issues rather than religious issues.
Persecution of homosexuals really is a religious issue in both Islam and Christianity although the latter is improving.

Most Muslims I know and have worked with can't stand Jews.

You're talking shit as usual.

You seem to be unable to differentiate the people from the religion, of which you clearly know nothing. The religion grants Jews an elevated status over other adherents to non-abrahamic religions. It is no more antisemitic than Christianity.

You seem to be unable to differentiate the people from the religion, of which you clearly know nothing. The religion grants Jews an elevated status over other adherents to non-abrahamic religions. It is no more antisemitic than Christianity.
The 'people' who constantly make vile remarks... represent the religion so I decide not to 'differentiate' them.

Persecution of homosexuals really is a religious issue in both Islam and Christianity although the latter is improving.

But you would agree that there is nothing in Islam that is more homophobic than in Christianity? It is simply a fact that the Biblical story of Sodom and Gomorrah is the only reference to homosexuality in the Quran. So how can it be more homophobic than Christianity.

The Christian religion doesn’t change. The behaviour and beliefs of its followers may change, but the religious doctrine set in stone.

So how can it be more homophobic than Christianity.
I’ve not said that it is.

What I will say though is that Christianity has been forced to reform and can no longer get away with throwing gay people off buildings or executing them. Islam should try that next.

As soon as there are no groups running around imprisoning or killing gay people then I’ll agree that that they are as bad as each other. In the mean time, one is miles ahead. Islam needs a reformation, you’re quite right. What it is doing instead is lurching to the right thanks to our Wahhabi friends in Saudi.

Luckily, in a century, no fucker will need their oil and they can go back to goat herding and being of absolutely no significance in the world.

The 'people' who constantly make vile remarks... represent the religion so I decide not to 'differentiate' them.

So I take it that you hold equally disparaging views of Christians because of the behaviour and beliefs of some fundamentalist Christians? The same also of Jews. And of Buddhists. And of atheists.

And of atheists.
Oh go on. There been many suicide bombings, planes flown into buildings, gays thrown off buildings or similar recently in the name of... oh that’s right. Not in the name of anything.

Care to run a tally of all the various different beliefs (or lack thereof).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.