Israel-Palestine Conflict

Absolutely sickening, and indefensible. Does this just continue until an entire population is wiped out? The shoulder shrugging shows just how complicit the US and others are in this, for me.
I'm afraid it does. Billions of dollars more of Military weapons currently on there way over curtesy of the Yanks.

And not One fuckin thing anyone can do to stop it.

I don’t think you and I will agree on much based on the exchange thus far; we seemingly have very different approaches to assessing current events, and lens through which we see said events. And I don’t want to divert the thread to discussions of Trump, Biden, Putin, and other wars ongoing, given there are other threads for that.

So I will just say that I don’t see the far-right Israeli government campaign in Gaza and the West Bank as just another East-West Proxy war. Nor do I see Trump and Biden as equally unviable for addressing this conflict or even the others ongoing. Nor do I blame most Palestinians (who are children) for the genocide currently being carried out against them, whether they nominally support Hamas or not.
You cannot isolate what is happening by not addressing the greater picture. My opinion is that this is a pointless conversation because Hamas can never win and Israel will continue whilst Hamas remains because the greater picture is an existential threat to Israel. Therefore, there is no future for the Palestinians and there will be no end to the suffering and war whilst a Russia-Syrian-Iran aligned Hamas remain in power in Gaza.

If your view is that only Israel is responsible for this and the rest is irrelevant then the only conceivable thing that needs to happen for peace is regime change in Israel but that isn't going to happen anytime soon is it? I'd love to see regime change in Russia to end the war in Ukraine but that definitely isn't going to happen and we can't make it happen without risking nuclear war.

In the meantime nobody in the west is going to sanction or harm Israel given the factional threats that now exist against the west in the Middle East. The west is far more likely to help Israel more given what Russia, Syria and Iran are doing in the region. Those countries have chosen to isolate Israel and that in itself is a much larger threat to Israel and it's why western support has never been more important to it.

For a minute there, I thought I’d dropped in on the Joke Thread @Gorton_Tubster!

Boycott anything Israeli??
What, like Jesus???
And I suppose you boycotted Easter this year and explained it to your kids, right?

When are some on Bluemoon going to wake up to the fact that Netanyahu wants all the hostages back and Hamas obliterated? Has he been too subtle?

When is the global community going to demand the hostages be returned?

And, don’t get me wrong…I think aid should be allowed in by road and that emergency services restored, but Hamas is using human shields and when they get hurt, who is getting the blame? War is hell. I get it.

No easy solutions, but a few of the obvious Starters for 10 wouldn’t go amiss.

As for the U.S. providing munitions, get over it. It is a vital geopolitical ally and can’t be left bare-arsed with Iran playing silly buggers. Now, though, it’d be nice if Congressional Republicans could spare a thought for the Ukrainians!!!

For a minute there, I thought I’d dropped in on the Joke Thread!

Boycott anything Israeli?? What, like Jesus??? And I suppose you boycotted Easter this year and explained it to your kids, right?

When is Bluemoon going to wake up to the fact that Netanyahu wants all the hostages back and Hamas obliterated? Has he been too subtle?

When is the global community going to demand the hostages be returned?

And, don’t get me wrong…I think aid should be allowed in by road and that emergency services restored, but Hamas is using human shields and when they get hurt, who is getting the blame? War is hell. I get it.

No easy solutions, but a few of the obvious Starters for 10 wouldn’t go amiss.

As for the U.S. providing munitions, get over it. It is a vital geopolitical ally and can’t be left bare-arsed with Iran playing silly buggers. Now, though, it’d be nice if Congressional Republicans could spare a thought for the Ukrainians!!!
Ah so these weapons are to deal with Iran. There's me thinking they keep getting used to murder Tens of thousands of Palestinians. Glad you've cleared it up.

You cannot isolate what is happening by not addressing the greater picture. My opinion is that this is a pointless conversation because Hamas can never win and Israel will continue whilst Hamas remains because the greater picture is an existential threat to Israel. Therefore, there is no future for the Palestinians and there will be no end to the suffering and war whilst a Russia-Syrian-Iran aligned Hamas remain in power in Gaza.

If your view is that only Israel is responsible for this and the rest is irrelevant then the only conceivable thing that needs to happen for peace is regime change in Israel but that isn't going to happen anytime soon is it? I'd love to see regime change in Russia to end the war in Ukraine but that definitely isn't going to happen and we can't make it happen without risking nuclear war.

In the meantime nobody in the west is going to sanction or harm Israel given the factional threats that now exist against the west in the Middle East. The west is far more likely to help Israel more given what Russia, Syria and Iran are doing in the region. Those countries have chosen to isolate Israel and that in itself is a much larger threat to Israel and it's why western support has never been more important to it.
You're opinion is very west centric. For you the baddies are Syria and Iran who actually are situated in the middle east whilst countries who've been interfering in the area for years, like the US, France and Britain, are many thousands of miles away.
Israel itself is a western construct that was obviously going to be a cause for concern amongst the countries adjoining it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.