Israel-Palestine Conflict

If Hamas numbers are accurate ( they will be inflated ) nearly 10% of the population of Gaza has been killed since October.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but 40,000 is 2% of the population of Gaza. There are more bodies still under the rubble.

A couple more clumsy omissions by notoriously pro Hamas global media outlets.

Protesting too much there I think.

"Newborn twins were reportedly killed in an Israeli strike." First line in BBC story

"Israel began striking Gaza after Hamas-led militants stormed across the Israeli border on Oct. 7, killing about 1,200 people and taking some 250 others hostage. Israel seeks Hamas’ destruction and claims it confines its attacks to militants." AP last paragraph - just in case you didn't realise that all these deaths were because of Israeli attacks.

The BBC long gave up describing Hamas as "considered a terrorist group by some countries". It's hard to sustain that without saying about Israel ("which some countries accuse of genocide").

Last edited:
That was a cheap jibe and I apologise.

But my ancestors, the ones who didn't emigrate from Eastern Europe like my great-grandparents (and there were a lot who decided to sit things out) were murdered in pits, or burnt alive in locked buildings, by people who just hated Jews, something which pre-dates the establishment of Israel.

I'm not in the least proud of what Netanyahu is doing now, and it is very uncomfortable viewing. It's gone well beyond an understandable response to the events of last October. I have family and friends in Israel and worry for them, and I also grieve for those in Gaza, both groups having been horribly impacted by this senseless violence.

I was out with friends last night, all of whom would proudly claim that they're Zionists, but who all recognise that you can't kill an idea with bombs, bullets and rockets. But that applies to both sides, which some on here have always seemed reluctant to accept.
I’m sure there are many thousands of Jews who naturally support Israel who feel very conflicted by what is happening.

I’m sure there are many thousands of Jews who naturally support Israel who feel very conflicted by what is happening.
And millions totally unconflicted. If they think Hamas are monsters, then Nietzsche's words seem more than apposite. (And yes, I'm aware of the hazards of quoting Nietzsche.)

Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster...​

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.