Israel-Palestine Conflict

I don’t blame them because Israel’s actions are indefensible but I won’t wish for the end of Israel as I believe there are plenty who oppose the current regime but the Israeli government being gone and replaced by a group who aren’t hellbent on war, don’t encourage illegal settlements, return the land stolen, and believe in a solution that works would be a good start.
There has never been an Israeli government like that though. Sure we are at the extreme end here but Netanyahu has been in the hot seat for the majority of the last 28 years. People will inevitably cite Rabin and the Oslo process but it's worth remembering that until last year the highest rate of West Bank settlement occurred during the "peace process". 20 odd years dominated by various RW coalitions with Netanyahu at the helm and only now are they exceeding the rate of expansionism and ethnic cleansing as the so called moderates.

There has never been an Israeli government like that though. Sure we are at the extreme end here but Netanyahu has been in the hot seat for the majority of the last 28 years. People will inevitably cite Rabin and the Oslo process but it's worth remembering that until last year the highest rate of West Bank settlement occurred during the "peace process". 20 odd years dominated by various RW coalitions with Netanyahu at the helm and only now are they exceeding the rate of expansionism and ethnic cleansing as the so called moderates.

It's also worth reiterating that the early Zionists were part of the Labour movement in Israel.

And they were also deliberately occupying areas in Palestine so the Arabs couldn't have it before WW2 and the holocaust. Some of the settlements invaded on October 7th date back to this period.

I don’t blame them because Israel’s actions are indefensible but I won’t wish for the end of Israel as I believe there are plenty who oppose the current regime but the Israeli government being gone and replaced by a group who aren’t hellbent on war, don’t encourage illegal settlements, return the land stolen, and believe in a solution that works would be a good start.

There will never be peace. It just isn't possible. The Zionists won't budge, they won't give up the law of return, they won't cede territory. There's too much hate for people to live side by side and the two state solution is just a fantasy to let them fudge it and kick the can further down the road.
I choose the Palestinians.

If Palestinians were to be moved to a new country there would just be a new PLO conducting overseas terrorist activities as previously happened in Jordan.

Israel has made enemies of almost all it's neighbours.

I don't have any patience for a society that would drag the world into WW3 and use nuclear weapons as described in the Samson option.

A truly remarkable feat. Reckless, but superbly executed.

Remarkable and reckless, yes. But superbly executed? We don't know that, do we? We don't know anything about how successful the operation was, how many didn't explode, the Intel that Hezbollah will have gained by examining the unexploded devices, the intel Israel will have lost by destroying communications devices they had access to, and the rest ...

I don't suppose we will ever know how to "successful" this operation was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.