Israel-Palestine Conflict

Israel is not going to eliminate Hamas as a force, political or military, anytime soon.
So the Israelis will kill more Hamas fighters than the soldiers they will lose but wars aren't decided by scores, they are decided by political outcomes, war being an extension of politics by other means.
What not many people have considered is what political effect this is going to have on the Palestinian population of the West Bank where Fatah is very much discredited and seen as an impotent Israeli stooge.
I predict, when the fighting stops and the dust settles,Hamas will end up stronger politically and therefore militarily.

On the brighter side, Netanyahu will be finished and probably in jail so we may just see a more reasonable government in Israel. Or not, of course.

Let's not be so arrogant to think that "the West" hasn't been in conflict long before there was a West.
I don't understand this response. It touches on nothing at issue.

I said nothing about an absence of conflict in the West. Rather that just like there was conflict in the West, there were conflicts in the middle East. Long before the West had any power to even influence anyone.

Israel is not going to eliminate Hamas as a force, political or military, anytime soon.
So the Israelis will kill more Hamas fighters than the soldiers they will lose but wars aren't decided by scores, they are decided by political outcomes, war being an extension of politics by other means.
What not many people have considered is what political effect this is going to have on the Palestinian population of the West Bank where Fatah is very much discredited and seen as an impotent Israeli stooge.
I predict, when the fighting stops and the dust settles,Hamas will end up stronger politically and therefore militarily.
Well, we are all about to find out how true that is.

What do you think Israel should do? Pat HAMAS on the back and say"Well Done - You got us there!!"
There are consequences for your homeland / fifedom if you declare war.
The terrorists have the hostages in tunnels
many metres below the ground. They aren’t in school classrooms, hospital wards or queues for bakeries. The military tactics to beat Hamas require Hamas to be defeated in those tunnels.

You still didn’t respond to my observation about the 2 million people protest through London before the second gulf war. Could it be that it doesn’t agree with your agenda?

Well this puts to bed any suggestion that Israel’s fight is with Hamas not the Palestinian people…….

'There will be no more Palestinian workers from Gaza'​

Gazans working in Israel will be sent back to the besieged enclave, the Israeli government has announced.
“Israel is severing all contact with Gaza. There will be no more Palestinian workers from Gaza. Those workers from Gaza who were in Israel on the day of the outbreak of the war will be returned to Gaza,” a post from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office on X, formerly Twitter, read.
Israel’s security cabinet also agreed to “deduct all funds designated for the Gaza Strip… from Palestinian Authority [PA] funds”. The PA has control over areas of the occupied West Bank, but not the Hamas-run Gaza Strip.

Some 18,500 Palestinians from Gaza had received permits to enter Israel before the deadly 7 October attack by Hamas militants, according to Cogat, the Israeli defence body responsible for Palestinian civilian affairs.
Since then, Israel has launched a retaliatory bombardment of the Strip. More than 9,000 people have been killed here, according to the Hamas-run health ministry.”

With Blinkin over there fighting fires that he and his boss helped start, we may see a humanitarian pause, they have certainly telegraphed it

All eyes on Nasrallahs Friday sermon, I suspect increasing American jitters about the huge amount of civilian casualties and this speech are certainly worrying the White House, also the amount of pressure they are under from allies around the world some of them are strategic allies as well

The Americans have not come across well, it’s actually been a diplomatic disaster for them, so they really need to pull a number of rabbits out of the hat

What they could do immediately is

Make further aid conditional on stopping the violence and land grabs on the West Bank

Make firm plans for a regional peace conference with all major powers including China

Go on then give me an alternative that prevents Hamas from appearing to advance to the goals laid out in its founding charter for the destruction of all Jews.
No one can, perhaps you can have a try.

Here's an alternative. Netanyahu stops supporting them and is also held to account for his role in helping them get to where they are.

While we're at it, let's also hold the bastard to account for his failures to protect his own people and for the genocide he's inflicting on thousands of innocent people.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.