Israel-Palestine Conflict

Are cooler headers rising in Washington?

More like they are panicking, probably what is occurring on the ground is not what the Israelis said would occur? Unfortunately it won’t be the first time American trust has been betrayed meanwhile the $14 billion dollars had not left America, which is interesting because Israel can’t afford this level of expenditure for that long, I wonder if there is some carrot and stick going on ?

But it would further harm American strategic interests in the region if they’ve not been harmed enough

Plus the basic fact is that no country is willing to take on millions of refugees or expelled people, it’s a wet dream of the Israeli far right that’s about all

I understand what you are saying, but I prefer to judge people by what they do, rather than what they say.

So, to me, for example, Hamas is a terrorist organisation with limited capability, not an existential threat to Israel.

The Israelis are bombing Gaza indiscriminately without due attention to the fate of civilians, they aren't carrying out precision, targeted bombings.

And the US is doing nothing about the creeping occupation, and presumably eventual annexation, of the West Bank, so I see no reason, when push comes to shove, that they will stand up to Israel when it becomes clear they want to do the same in Gaza.

Not trying to be clever here, or some sort of supreme military or political strategist, just saying what I have seen with my own eyes the last 20 years.

A drone being downed will unlikely warrant a response. The attacked on bases got a bare minimum response too so they are holding back.

But as for the highlighted part. International water is exactly that. Everyone has the right to be there.
It was off the coast of Yemen. I suspect a Yemeni drone would not be flying off the coast of Boston.

As many have mentioned the governments of neighbouring Arab countries couldn't give jack shit about the Palestinians. But just like in the UK the general public are not fooled by their leaders.
And the wider Arab/Moslem world will want serious redress. If the US and Israel don't fund a marshall type plan then we will be revisiting this again in a few years.

I understand what you are saying, but I prefer to judge people by what they do, rather than what they say.

So, to me, for example, Hamas is a terrorist organisation with limited capability, not an existential threat to Israel.

The Israelis are bombing Gaza indiscriminately without due attention to the fate of civilians, they aren't carrying out precision, targeted bombings.

And the US is doing nothing about the creeping occupation, and presumably eventual annexation, of the West Bank, so I see no reason, when push comes to shove, that they will stand up to Israel when it becomes clear they want to do the same in Gaza.

Not trying to be clever here, or some sort of supreme military or political strategist, just saying what I have seen with my own eyes the last 20 years.
The economic factors are against this the $14 billion dollar aid has not arrived it’s been held up by arcane issues in Washington, although it does not seem that way but Israel has to function economically as well as politically, they can’t afford this level of expenditure for the long term, it’s a country that has suffered from hyperinflation before

The economic factors are against this the $14 billion dollar aid has not arrived it’s been held up by arcane issues in Washington, although it does not seem that way but Israel has to function economically as well as politically, they can’t afford this level of expenditure for the long term, it’s a country that has suffered from hyperinflation before

Well, possibly. I may be an old cynic, but I am guessing they will get their money whatever they do. Especially with an election coming up. I imagine Netanyahu guesses this as well. I suppose we will see.

They have been known to, but I think it's 'frowned upon' now, however what's does one more war crime matter when you have shown blatant disregard for International laws and have gotten away with so many in the past month
Just for balance. It was a month that started with the Palestinians killing 1400 Israelis. That also is against International Law.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.