Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

It’s like Covid, how do you think City could have envisioned this shit show? I and my group of FOC’s got through it but don’t blame it on the club, it’s down to the UEFA wankers.

They can't have envisaged how bad it was going to be and what happened isn't their responsibility. It's about time they developed a bit of backbone and stood up for us though. The escalating tensions with Liverpool aren't helped by them not doing right by us. If it was the other way round our experience in Istanbul would have been on the front page of the newspaper for a week and that poor lass that had her head slashed opens perpetrator would have been identified immediately. Our clubs strategy of dealing with stuff like this just seems to be ignore it and hope we forget.

I'd like to see the hierarchy go most of the day rammed onto an overcrowded, unroadworthy bus without any access to water or a toilet, queue for over an hour for food and spend a large chunk of their savings to have the privilege of doing so and see if it's for them.

Last edited:
I think this is exactly where UEFA show their contempt for match going supporters.
They open a fan park and 'encourage' fans to drink there. Don't forget Heineken is an official sponsor of the CL.
They then stick em on a bus for 2 hours without any toilet facilities.

It's ridiculous and they are so far out of touch with the real people who pay to watch these games.
But do they care? Do they f***.
They'll be busy being looking after the corporates.

I think this is exactly where UEFA show their contempt for match going supporters.
They open a fan park and 'encourage' fans to drink there. Don't forget Heineken is an official sponsor of the CL.
They then stick em on a bus for 2 hours without any toilet facilities.

It's ridiculous and they are so far out of touch with the real people who pay to watch these games.
But do they care? Do they f***.
They'll be busy being looking after the corporates.
They know, after the defeat at CAS it was another opportunity to shaft us, was it coincidence Milan got the Metro access?

They know, after the defeat at CAS it was another opportunity to shaft us, was it coincidence Milan got the Metro access?

To be fair there were loads of Inter fans on shuttle buses too, stuck in the traffic on the road next to us.

It’s like Covid, how do you think City could have envisioned this shit show? I and my group of FOC’s got through it but don’t blame it on the club, it’s down to the UEFA wankers.
Of course the main blame lies with uefa but you really don’t think that City don’t have a duty of care towards 20k to 25k of our supporters? Given Turkey isn’t an easy country, given they know what horrible negligent cunts uefa are you don’t think they should have done some risk assessment and checking in advance? Pretty sure that Alex from liverpool, City sorry, Matters, said that City had conducted a risk assessment then I suggest we did a shit job. It’s now over a week after the event and still not a word of support for us from our club, pathetic

You mean this queue? With another the same or longer. Absolutely scandalous.View attachment 83750
That’s the one bud.I mean I’d given up on a beer or food.It was just water I wanted as I’d left the flat a 11am and had my water confiscated at each entrance.
i’LL NEVER EVER COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FOOD INDEED ANY ASPECT OF PRICE,SERVIVE,WAIT AT THE ETIHAD EVER AGAIN:-)

That’s the one bud.I mean I’d given up on a beer or food.It was just water I wanted as I’d left the flat a 11am and had my water confiscated at each entrance.
i’LL NEVER EVER COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FOOD INDEED ANY ASPECT OF PRICE,SERVIVE,WAIT AT THE ETIHAD EVER AGAIN:-)
:)

Yeah, I've complained about the Asahi before but this was on a different level!

Pretty shite that the official sponsor's beer at the fan park was:

€7 Euros a 'pint'
Was decanted out of cans
The cans were warm after being left in sun
They ran out of beer before fan zone closed
Had to pay for water in mouthwash size cartons.

I really don't get why the official sponsor has to inflate the beer price at a fan park. If anything you would have hoped they would subsidise it substantially.

The food was worse. I queued for 1.5 hours but had to else I'd get hangry. Ridiculous but then I took the view I would just be standing still anyway singing so not a huge difference but in the end got a very raw burger. There was a crush around the food, especially burger section, was very dangerous.

Would anyone who attended the match know what time the last bus is back to Istanbul center from the stadium,as we have just sobered up and there is nobody to ask

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.