Istanbul | It’s been a blast - Thank You!

Amazing city, fascinating history, friendly locals and an incredibly inexpensive experience when you're there.

The ticketing worked well, the stadium was impressive, inter fans are a really decent bunch.

10/10 if we exclude the worst shuttle bus service man has ever known
Controversial, but for me, perfectly put.
I cant add to that sentiment. So I won't.

my street, i told you. thats where i live. some of you stayed there... ( a fan stayed in the best apartment in turkey, i wonder his experiences )
i ve been all over euorpe... barca was great. i hate paris. london is great for sure. lived in amsterdam 5 years. it is different.
i believe, yes, bagdat street, top 3 maybe.. ( it also changed a lot lately, but still good)

next time you ll come to kadıkoy. (acrually that will be the safe side you should stay and enjoyif city and gala will be in the same groups / nevizade - european side belongs to gala) ( that time Fb fans will be your best friends :))) )...
i hope i ll meet you again, so i want city in gala's group. but i dont want it, probably 9-0 in city, and we ll lose in istanbul also.... :)))
cheers.
I'm not sure if you mean me or not as I did message you about an apartment in Kadikoy. I had a great time over there and was really impressed/surprised with now many bars and restaurants on that street! Every place we went in was very friendly and welcoming.

The metro over to Takism was easy aswel and would definitely visit Istanbul and stay around Kadikoy again!

There was a half marathon in Kadikoy on the Sunday, which made it difficult to get back to our apartment as the police blocked the road. We had to walk 5km to get back, but it was all worth it as we rolled in at 8am!

I'm not sure if you mean me or not as I did message you about an apartment in Kadikoy. I had a great time over there and was really impressed/surprised with now many bars and restaurants on that street! Every place we went in was very friendly and welcoming.

The metro over to Takism was easy aswel and would definitely visit Istanbul and stay around Kadikoy again!

There was a half marathon in Kadikoy on the Sunday, which made it difficult to get back to our apartment as the police blocked the road. We had to walk 5km to get back, but it was all worth it as we rolled in at 8am!
good morning, glad to hear that you liked.

were you the one that stayed at below mentioned place? i wonder how the flat was. i like those aparments a lot. was it like it is in the b/m link? cheers

The lack of free WiFi in the city, airport and fan zone was disappointing for a venue hosting a major event with around 100k influx of visitors. Connectivity should be high on the priority list imho.

The lack of free WiFi in the city, airport and fan zone was disappointing for a venue hosting a major event with around 100k influx of visitors. Connectivity should be high on the priority list imho.

Being able to get to the ground & back easily & being able to get a drink of water in the stadium would have done for me!

My trip didn't start so well. I arrived at the hotel I booked near Taksim square to be told I would have to go to another hotel as they had no room. I was put in a hovel in an area called Tarlabasi. When googled it says this is one of the most dangerous places in Istanbul.
I checked out in the morning and booked myself into a hotel in Sultanahmet. Best move I made. Sultanahmet was brilliant.

ok last friday was my best night.
but you wanna see the moment, thats what i am most proud of.
ok i am drunk. i am going out now for drinking, come back at night.
but the moment in my life, thats what i am most proud of this thing below.

me taking sport management master diploma, from cruyff himself... edwin van der sar is in the back. he does not clap :))) i ll tell you about it later.... cheers

Got back last night after 5 nights in Bodrum relaxing after the final.
Istanbul is a truly fantastic city, that I will go to again. Great for meeting up with mates with great nightlife but hard work.
I got the metro to and from the match so was not caught up with the match day travel drama but as we all experienced, the concessions were a shambles.( Never been more relieved to get a Sprite in my life)
It’s a great city to visit but I think it would be better if they only held something like the Super Cup final. Much smaller scale for them to manage.

good morning, glad to hear that you liked.

were you the one that stayed at below mentioned place? i wonder how the flat was. i like those aparments a lot. was it like it is in the b/m link? cheers

The flat was nice, the place was same as shown on the photos. Short walk to the coast or go left and 2 min walk onto badger Street. No issues at all and the guy got us a transfer to and from hotel

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.