Istanbul | It’s been a blast - Thank You!

Ha, you should've said hello mate! That queue was an absolute nightmare though, an hour and a half to get a tepid water for 5 euros!

One of the very few regrets I had in Istanbul :-)

Indeed should have popped by & said hello to you fella - maybe at the Eithad next season!

You should have heard some of the stories on food & drink at the stadium. Some lads sitting next to me returned after HT shocked at learning some staff charging 90 Euros, not Lira for 3 of those 50ml water ‘bottles’.

Wasn't there something in the evening news that said 100,000 blues flew out of Manchester or did I imagine that?!
absolutely...
also istanbul saw the greatest fan gathering in Nevizade.... also greatest gathering in a pub street (apart from sports, regular night lifewise). believe me. friday night was crazy. i ve never seen such a thing. ok, gala games, the street becomes very crowded, but i ve been there in gala games. never been like last friday.

you guys are also great singers, rock guys. and so positive... thats important. the atmosphere was incredible. we, gala fans, can not do it. the mood is important...we are more oriental. turkish fans are not rock n rolll guys. that makes the fucking difference.

Wasn't there something in the evening news that said 100,000 blues flew out of Manchester or did I imagine that?!

The majority of the 100,000 was city fans.
I think it was 100,000 people used the airport that day. Not all we’re blues flying to Istanbul.
On an average day 70,000 use the airport.

can someone write the lyrics of this chant pls...

“You thought you’d won the league at Sunderland, you’d not
You thought you were the champions, you’re not, you’re not
‘Cos up stepped an Argentine
To score a goal in Fergie time
Sergio Aguero made City champions
Na na na na na”

“You thought you’d won the league at Sunderland, you’d not
You thought you were the champions, you’re not, you’re not
‘Cos up stepped an Argentine
To score a goal in Fergie time
Sergio Aguero made City champions
Na na na na na”
thanks... great lyrics..

Last edited:
I was a little apprehensive about Istanbul, I'd been to Turkey once before and wasn't that impressed, in fact I thought it was shit.
How wrong was I, I had 3 fantastic nights there, loved it, loved the food, drink, people, atmosphere, the only down side was getting too and from the stadium, but that was down to uefa and not the turks.
I've promised the Mrs I will take her there coz I've not shut up about the place, plus I never got her a present, too busy drinking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.