Istanbul | It’s been a blast - Thank You!

First impressions weren't great, but that was probably down to weariness after a long flight and coach transfer. Grew to love the place though, and had an amazing weekend. All the locals I encountered were really friendly and helpful. Bit of a nightmare getting anywhere by road, but the underground was fine. Only real complaints were about UEFA's shambolic organisation rather than the place itself.

Should have mentioned earlier I managed to get a glimpse of the ubiquitous @Ric before the game whilst you were standing in what seemed an eternity at the drinks & food concession stand.

Only clocked when a lady went over to hug you & rejoined at the back stating you had helped her out on a matter.

Felt too embarrassed to say hello, plus didn’t want to lose my place in the queue. You never stopped smiling in that godforsaken queue & this was before we had won!

Reactions: Ric
Should have made the effort.

Might go back to Istanbul in the future now I know what’s involved getting there and what to do and what not to do. Pre plan trips to the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazar, Bagdat Street, etc.

Bagdat Street.

Bağdat Avenue is one of the most important high streets on the Anatolian side of Istanbul, Turkey. It runs approximately 14 km from Maltepe in the east to Kadıköy in the west, almost paralleling the coastline of the Sea of Marmara.

According to a study conducted by a French company, the Bagdat Street has been ranked as the 4th best shopping street in the world.

The region around the street is also a rich settlement area for the Istanbul locals. There are also some very beautiful mansions around.

You can find numerous luxury cafes, new generation coffee houses, restaurants and shops along the streets. The numerous bars, pubs and clubs also great night out activities for the visitors to enjoy a lively night in Istanbul.

61FD3DB1-8B25-417B-BEFA-53D05BFA1405.jpeg

A9FCE0EF-F906-4A3D-ADA1-A7E46D3C1135.jpeg

Should have made the effort.

Might go back to Istanbul in the future now I know what’s involved getting there and what to do and what not to do. Pre plan trips to the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazar, Bagdat Street, etc.

Bagdat Street.

Bağdat Avenue is one of the most important high streets on the Anatolian side of Istanbul, Turkey. It runs approximately 14 km from Maltepe in the east to Kadıköy in the west, almost paralleling the coastline of the Sea of Marmara.

According to a study conducted by a French company, the Bagdat Street has been ranked as the 4th best shopping street in the world.

The region around the street is also a rich settlement area for the Istanbul locals. There are also some very beautiful mansions around.

You can find numerous luxury cafes, new generation coffee houses, restaurants and shops along the streets. The numerous bars, pubs and clubs also great night out activities for the visitors to enjoy a lively night in Istanbul.

View attachment 83688

View attachment 83687

my street, i told you. thats where i live. some of you stayed there... ( a fan stayed in the best apartment in turkey, i wonder his experiences )
i ve been all over euorpe... barca was great. i hate paris. london is great for sure. lived in amsterdam 5 years. it is different.
i believe, yes, bagdat street, top 3 maybe.. ( it also changed a lot lately, but still good)

next time you ll come to kadıkoy. (acrually that will be the safe side you should stay and enjoyif city and gala will be in the same groups / nevizade - european side belongs to gala) ( that time Fb fans will be your best friends :))) )...
i hope i ll meet you again, so i want city in gala's group. but i dont want it, probably 9-0 in city, and we ll lose in istanbul also.... :)))
cheers.

Last edited:
Should have mentioned earlier I managed to get a glimpse of the ubiquitous @Ric before the game whilst you were standing in what seemed an eternity at the drinks & food concession stand.

Only clocked when a lady went over to hug you & rejoined at the back stating you had helped her out on a matter.

Felt too embarrassed to say hello, plus didn’t want to lose my place in the queue. You never stopped smiling in that godforsaken queue & this was before we had won!
Ha, you should've said hello mate! That queue was an absolute nightmare though, an hour and a half to get a tepid water for 5 euros!

my street, i told you. thats where i live. some of you stayed there... ( a fan stayed in the best apartment in turkey, i wonder his experiences )
i ve been all over euorpe... barca was great. i hate paris. london is great for sure. lived in amsterdam 5 years. it is different.
i believe, yes, bagdat street, top 3 maybe.. ( it also changed a lot lately, but still good)

next time you ll come to kadıkoy. (acrually that will be the safe side you should stay and enjoyif city and gala will be in the same groups / nevizade - european side belongs to gala) ( that time Fb fans will be your best friends :))) )...
i hope i ll meet you again, so i want city in gala's group. but i dont want it, probably 9-0 in city, and we ll lose in istanbul also.... :)))
cheers.
What a legend you’ve been @kerem gokmen, giving great advice to everyone on this forum - top man, I’m sure every forum user agrees

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.