Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wish the England fans would sing Swing Low Sweet Chariot or even Jerusalem. Our National Anthem must be the worst ever. As for the game itself, my gut tells me that Raheem may have used all his energy against the Danes and should be brought on in the second half when Italian legs are tired. Foden and Sancho should start.
I hate all religious shit. Jerusalem is just religious bollocks. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot is an African-American spiritual song, nothing to do with England, it’s also shite.

Since England doesn’t have a national anthem, we could adopt or create anything and sing it. It should simply have the requirement of having no reference to anything religious whatsoever.

I hate all religious shit. Jerusalem is just religious bollocks. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot is an African-American spiritual song, nothing to do with England, it’s also shite.

Since England doesn’t have a national anthem, we could adopt or create anything and sing it. It should simply have the requirement of having no reference to anything religious whatsoever.
My brother said last night sweet Caroline is spot on. It's been adopted by both the national cricket and rugby union teams which makes it an anthem of unification without religious/sectarian BS.

Need to change the flag too then.

Need to change the flag too then.
It would make a good debate downstairs.

I'm all for a reboot. New flag to shag etc.

As an aside. Where's that Gary James post where Mancini is telling his lads he'll get them pissed on Holt's if they win?

Part of me want to see England win a major trophy in my Lifetime. Sadly the jingoistic bollocks that will come with it concerns me.

Put his best team and go for it. Not one dictated by brand name players.
What’s concerning about everyone coming together as a country, celebrating, enjoying themselves, singing Three Lions, attempting the John Barnes rap, keeping their England flags up out of their windows all Summer, going out on the piss every weekend and rising a glass saying “it came home”, positive references to it on tele in the papers and in the media instead of constant moaning about how shit we are and always underachieve?

I couldn’t think of anything better after the last 18 months.

What’s concerning about everyone coming together as a country, celebrating, enjoying themselves, singing Three Lions, attempting the John Barnes rap, keeping their England flags up out of their windows all Summer, going out on the piss every weekend and rising a glass saying “it came home”, positive references to it on tele in the papers and in the media instead of constant moaning about how shit we are and always underachieve?

I couldn’t think of anything better after the last 18 months.
Even moaning cunts like me have no recourse if Kane lifts the trophy on Sunday.

I would hope the positivity would give the whole country a wonderful feel good effect.

Jerusalem's a good choice because 1, most importantly it's a great, short piece of music with a good crescendo.

2 Because it's about questioning the direction of the country and devoting yourself to making it better. The whole premise is Milton questioning if the England he sees with "Black Satanic Mills" of the industrial revolutioncould really be the place Jesus supposedly visited, and then concluding that he shouldn't rest until he's built Utopia in England.

It's obviously set against the backdrop of religion but the message is a good one. The idea Jesus visited England is more of an English folk story than religious anyway because it's not endorsed by any religion (or History).

You can't really just draw up some secular anthem, the song that replaces the dirge that is GSTQ needs to have massive popular backing and be known by most people.

In reality “Football’s coming home” is the English national anthem now, certainly for the football team. Imagine the team belting that out with the crowd before the final…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.