Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Southgate did a great job to get that side to the final and take a good side like Italy all the way to Pens.

Unfortunately, he had other players available to him from day one that he should have built this team around, that would probably have got us more than one shot on target in a final.

No doubt we’re spoilt as City fans, but that is boring defensive shite and a complete underutilisation of the talent at his disposal.

Yet again and it happen in a few games this tournament. England started well than the other manager made tactical changes to his side. Southgate didnt have a clue how to counter those change in tactics.

For what over 60 minutes the two Italians centre halfs were on yellow. Did Southgate change England tactics and go at those two ? No !. Thinking about it southgate did make changes England went to Hoofball tactics.

You cant sit back and defend for 70 odd minutes than another 30, you dont deserve to win playing anti football.

When you look at the playing time Englands attackers had its s disgrace, all the young lads fighting for one spot. The right wing , apart from the first 20 minutes yesterday when Sterling started on the right !!.
Now why didnt southgate starting Sterling on the right and Foden on the left in the first two games ? Foden on the left where he has played alot for us.

Why didnt southgate put Grealish on the left, Sterling thought the middle and Sancho on the right and get them to run at them. Remember both were on yellow. I bet the two Italian centre halfs could believe England weren't targeting them !

This group of English players are going to be wasted under southgate. Southgate is clueless, boring , championship standard manager.

Just read that southgate picked the penalty takers ! Two players that havent kicked a ball all night and a kid. What was southgate thinking ?

So pleased for Mancini he is a top top manager.

Last edited:
I'm not Stones and Sterling should have took the bull by it's horns stepped up and buried it just like slabhead from Stretford. The same goes for Grealish and the scouse messiah Henderson.
Shithouses the lot of them in my eyes.
What ? Southgate has he said he decided the penalty takers, based on training and Henderson wasn't even on the pitch.

I tell you what…..it’s a good job were used to getting beat in European cup final’s :-)

Now to get back to club football and complete the signings of Grealish/Kane/Haaland/Messi/Ings etc

The one thing that surprised me last night was how quiet Wembley was, apart from the first 15-20 minutes it was like a morgue

The world and his wife could see they were getting the upper hand and an equaliser was coming 15/20 minutes before it did. I was shouting at the screen, change it Southgate, bring on Grealish or someone that can hold onto the ball and as for the two penalty subs; - not only did they miss but it also left us defending a corner in the last minute of the game minus a defender.
From which they nearly scored

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.