Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Awful game and tactics,we parked the bus in a Euro final - A final we got to predominantly because fate was kind.

Southgate is a nice bloke,but as his in game management and odd decisions proved........a top class manager he isn't.

Disappointed with the penalties,but at least those lads that stepped up had the character and bollocks to do so.

We should have won that tournament,we had both the team spirit and the individual talent to ensure such.

Congratulations to the Italians,Mancini schooled our dullard,he knew what was required,he made the right calls,and he ensured his team were not walking off that pitch without the trophy.

Yes these are pretty much my thoughts too.

We had pretty much 1 approach to playing throughout the tournament and it wasn't enough in the end.
The result shouldn't be about the utd players missing penalties or bad luck, it was down to the managers mindset.
The comments on here right after the match blaming individual players were as predictable as they were disappointing though.
Typical England.

Read a few times that England have overachieved in getting to the final.

Sorry, that's just bollocks.

Just like the WC, England have played one decent team and lost. Hardly overachieving.
Tbf we played two decent teams, drew against one and won one.

It was a shambles of a game. After taking the lead we should have gone for the jugular before they settled. But waistcoat decided to park the bus. As for the penalties surely the seasoned pros should have taken control. Henderson couldn't get off the field quickly enough and Raheem could have been a hero putting all the negative press behind him but bottled it

It was a shambles of a game. After taking the lead we should have gone for the jugular before they settled. But waistcoat decided to park the bus. As for the penalties surely the seasoned pros should have taken control. Henderson couldn't get off the field quickly enough and Raheem could have been a hero putting all the negative press behind him but bottled it
Henderson has missed every penalty he's ever taken for England, hasn't he?

Did you gloss the part where I said he is my favorite manager. I also prefer Italy way more than England. It's a cultural thing especially since I'm from a Latin country. See there's a lot of things that go behind which countries people support in International football than just lazily counting the number of players from their favorite club.
Fair enough, but you didn’t really make it clear in your comment that you preferred Italy anyway, I don’t think I glossed over anything was just trying to understand where you were coming from in your argument.

The world and his wife could see they were getting the upper hand and an equaliser was coming 15/20 minutes before it did. I was shouting at the screen, change it Southgate, bring on Grealish or someone that can hold onto the ball and as for the two penalty subs; - not only did they miss but it also left us defending a corner in the last minute of the game minus a defender.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.