Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't argue that Italy didn't deserve it, but hugely disappointed that England were so defensive almost all game. Yes in part the Italians were to thank for that, but for a team of such supposed talent and togetherness there was a lack of ideas going forward.

England also made some very questionable decisions, which I'm afraid Southgate has to cop for.

Mount has been anonymous all tournament and didn't seem to have a role tonight. Left wing? Centre mid? If Foden had only a minor knock then you have to ask, if we need a goal with ten minutes to go then who can I bring on for one magic moment? It's certainly not Saka, Henderson ok maybe if rice was out of gas but still not good enough, whilst he keeps Raz on despite him not being able to run but doesn't need him to take a penalty...

As Pep would say, we didn't show out character, we didn't play our game. We froze.

And as for being told all week that England were regularly practicing penalties... I guess Rashford and Sancho missed those sessions, and letting Saka take one was just misguided shithousery from the rest of the team. Rashford I still maintain was only there because of his knighthood, if we'd have been bringing on Calvert lewin and even Ings to take those then maybe we'd have done better.

Still, it's done now. I for one actually welcome the break from football. Southgate got Germany right, but hid for the final thinking the Italians couldn't break down the same formation, and showed he can't change a game like Bobby Manc can. Ah well.

Altough it was natural last night to have a dig at the rags losing it for us, and rashfords pen does deserve criticism at a footballing level, blue tinted piss taking specs off only a complete idiot would bring on penalty takers in the 120th minute and then choose a 19 year old still inexperienced player as penalty taker number 5.

Easy to say sterling or grealish should have taken responsibility, but ultimately the manager chose the penalty order and is accountable.

But that was yesterday, tournaments over and has occupied a few weeks while the league is closed, already over it and looking forward to the new season.

Italy were the best team and the tournament and deserved winners so no bitterness about them also.

Last edited:
Playing in Qatar, even playing it in December is going to be brutal and as team England don't look that clever in keeping the ball. Its going to be a long tournament for them.
I never even knew it got moved to December. So that means we've got a crappy football schedule next season, f*** sake.

You can argue the game management, the tactics, the personnel, the penalty takers etc, any which way you like and make a case for and against every aspect. Hindsight is a wonderful thing especially on football forums.
They did well, they came up just short, it's disappointing; but well done all involved.

As night follows day, the black players get racially abused on social media.
That was the first comment I made to my wife. We can criticise them for missing (or having their shots saved) but we should not be bringing colour into it, or doubting their parentage.
But you cannot stop morons.
Incidentally, are the police to blame for those that gate crashed Wembley without tickets? They were for the Hillsborough disaster.

I ain’t even arsed we lost on pens I’m used to it but at least when we have failed on pens we have been unlucky during the previous 120 mins ............ but that last night was poor you could see what was coming from 30 mins onwards but he did nothing till it was to late ......,.... this is a decent set of footballers but sadly yet again we end up with a man who ain’t got the know how to use them :( as for the racism you got to be a complete moron to blame them lads ........ you want to criticise someone ....... look at the dullard manager who completely failed us and hopefully today he will realise this and resign .......... if he doesn’t then the like of Grealish and Foden will be wasted in him

It was a shambles of a game. After taking the lead we should have gone for the jugular before they settled. But waistcoat decided to park the bus. As for the penalties surely the seasoned pros should have taken control. Henderson couldn't get off the field quickly enough and Raheem could have been a hero putting all the negative press behind him but bottled it
Southgate said he decided who took the penalties not the players.

If that's true then why pick Saka who has never taken a professional penalty in his life and pick Rashford and Sancho who have hardly played?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.