Italy v England | Euro 2020 Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Disappointed with the end result

We seemed to play for penalties when they equalised and even changed the players to take the penalties

WTF has colour of a person got to do with missing or scoring a penalty is beyond me.

Don't think Southgate is good enough but fair play getting us to the final

It's amusing seeing all the women and some men who never follow football.normally all saying what a nice man Southgate is and we did the country proud.

We got to a final yes but totally cocked up our tactics and choice of penalty takers, all down to Southgate who chose them based on training apparently. It was the biggest chance we've had in 55 years to win a trophy and once again we bottled it, no matter how many people say it was a valiant failure. That's exactly what it was once more, a failure.

No plan B just defend in depth and hope we score from a set piece or a bit of luck. I'll give Pickford his due he pulled off some great saves in the tournament but unless he can sort out his distribution we will always be up against it against better sides as the ball just comes straight back.

No idea where we go from here. Stick with Southgate? Who knows.
Lady Bacon felt we wuz robbed because our guys ran around a lot. And Pickford is brilliant because he kicks a ball so far...thus cementing her position as top pundit in our household :-(

I'm afraid you may be right. Foden should be one of the first names on the sheet. Nothing fazes him. With Grealish and Bellingham as well we may have took control of possession. Our players at City can play various roles across the pitch without a drop in form. Southgate cannot see anything more than a defensive setup.
Totally agree a huge opportunity fucked up by one scared bloke.

Lady Bacon felt we wuz robbed because our guys ran around a lot. And Pickford is brilliant because he kicks a ball so far...thus cementing her position as top pundit in our household :-(

Ha ha! Loads of my female friends saying similar and they all love Mr waistcoat as he's a nice polite man. He might be but we want a fucking winner lol.

I feel for the Young black lads getting shit loads of racial abuse.

I think Southgate trying to be "Woke" hung these lads out to dry, I really do.

There was no reason for a 19 year old Kid who had never took a competitive penalty for his Club to be taking that important Penalty.

That should have been a senior player. With Saka going down in the penalty taking order.

Tried to make that lad an English hero.

Instead he has brought the poor Lad a shit load of racist abuse.

The most bizarre post I've ever read.

I have nothing against Saka he is a very promising player. And I feel for him after the miss
But I don't understand why he was playing in front of Sancho,Foden, Grealish.

I can't see it.
He is not ready he should be playing for the U21 .
Its like the need for some kind of new hero was the reason Southgate played him so much.

Disappointed with the result and the performance. I think England scored too early, it was so obvious from that moment, that England just wanted to sit on the lead for the rest of the game. Italy were stunned by the early goal and didn't really get going until at least 25mins had been played. While Italy went through the gears trying to get their pressing and passing up to the level required, England got less and less adventurous. It's hard to flip the switch, after so many minutes playing that way, once holding onto the lead is out of the window.

Should have been braver and chased the second goal while they were ontop.

Oh, and Rashford's penalty miss felt the moment where the shootout was lost. He puts that away and I can the others scoring theirs, keeper going the wrong way etc.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.